Mike Brown is a beast....winter edition

John250

PR Founding Father
If Lorettas wants to have a class for guys like Brown, it should be a Vet Pro class. I've said it a million times, it is the "Amateur" Nationals. I don't care if your in the Vet class, if you rode Pro class for money, your not an Amateur.

bruceb

PR Addict
You do realize that Pro/Sport riders can compete in AMA pro nationals PRIOR to LL's, provided they score less than 40 pts and compete in less than 3 pro nationals. Iy is not a (pure) amateur event, and has never truly been.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Bruce, I am ready to pick Brown again next year in +25 against whatever fast guy you want. Real current top tier pro's aside, he will beat almost anyone. But I'm glad that you are realizing that the guy has a gift, and he's faster than your above average super fast amateur. I have to ride +50 before he turns 50, because he will crush that too with ease.

bruceb

PR Addict
Robin: I was prepared to pick Alessi in 2020, as he is over 25 and had retired from AMA pro competiton after the 2017 SX season. Unfortunately, MCR had to pull him out of retirement during the 2019 SX season (which I believe he placed 13th in Seattle, and earned enough point to secure a top 100 number). So, at this point I do not see anyone taking the 25+ title from Brown. On the other hand, I can't wait for Brown to turn 50. If people think there is an uproar now, just wait til he (Brown) bypasses the 25+ class and goes for the 40+ and 50+ titles. Of course, he will have to take the 50+ title from Grewe...obviously kidding as we have the past 2 years of Brown vs Grewe in the 40+ to see how the 50+ will play out

John250

PR Founding Father
I tried to look up LL Championships yesterday to see who has the most, etc. I can not seem to find a current list easily available.