2019 Mini O's

Tom

PR Elite
Preston Ross from SW Ohio here did well today in the 65 class.
1574776016569.png
1574776043177.png
Preston killed it today ran fourth in 65 7-9 but got docked 4 positions for jumping on medic flag, 65 limited was running seventh crashed and came back to 11th

ck1racerx

PR Addict
1767 entries x $90 = $159,030
Gate fee of $65 X (2.5 X number of entries) = $287,137

$446,167 + pit bike fees, hook-up, water/sewer fee, food, vendors, sponsors.....

Yeah, they need another $5 a day for people to watch on-line.

bruceb

PR Addict
Yeah, they need another $5 a day for people to watch on-line.
Aren't 2 different groups involved (unlimited sports mx for mini o's and racer-x/mxsports for racer tv)?
Wouldn't that be like me bitching that the local repair shop wants over $100 for an oil change when the chevy dealer collected over $50K for the car?
Apples and oranges.

Or look at it this way: Airfare to FL + rental car + hotel+ track admission = $$$$$$
watch at home/office: $10 for the week is a bargain (btw it is only $3.99 if you pay per day.)

ck1racerx

PR Addict
its the same group or they would not be there.
Think about it. If you were Unlimited and had nothing to do with MX Sports, would you allow them to make money off your event?

Of course not.

bruceb

PR Addict
Of course I would. When I go to LL I see big displays from Team Green, Amsoil, Cernics, etc (all of which have nothing to do with mxsports, other than sponsoring or vending at an event). If I were Unlimited, and mxsports wants to make money at my event, I would welcome it. I will take a percentage (of podcast revenue), or perhaps since you (mxsports) control the largest amateur event in the world, I would not mind having an area or regional qualifier (and it just happens to be an AQ this year, last year it was an amateur regional). You (mxsports) also control the AMA pro nationals, I wouldn't mind promoting one of them, even if I have to lease another track to do it. There are many reasons to allow mxsports to make money at your event.

Last edited:

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Of course I would. When I go to LL I see big displays from Team Green, Amsoil, Cernics, etc (all of which have nothing to do with mxsports, other than sponsoring or vending at an event). If I were Unlimited, and mxsports wants to make money at my event, I would welcome it. I will take a percentage (of podcast revenue), or perhaps since you (mxsports) control the largest amateur event in the world, I would not mind having an area or regional qualifier (and it just happens to be an AQ this year, last year it was an amateur regional). You (mxsports) also control the AMA pro nationals, I wouldn't mind promoting one of them, even if I have to lease another track to do it. There are many reasons to allow mxsports to make money at your event.
Are you talking quid pro quo here?!?!?!?