Marvin Musquin Out for 2020 SX Season

Tom

PR Elite
1575666899199.png

[ssba]

Earlier this week it was reported that Red Bull / KTM’s Marvin Musquin would likely miss a portion of the 2020 Monster Energy Supercross season with a knee injury, but today Marvin announced that he will in fact miss the entire upcoming SX season.
“Not the kind of news I’m excited to share with you guys,” Marvin said from Instagram moments ago. “I was really happy to be back on the bike riding after being injured at the end of the Motocross season and starting to train for Supercross.”
“Unfortunately, I had an incident at the KTM test track and ultimately over-jumped a jump that had a very big impact on my legs when I landed, injuring my left knee. I had it evaluated by several doctors and it was determined that my knee required surgery. It’s devastating news to me as I was really looking forward to racing Supercross, but I will take the time needed to recover properly with my main focus being to return when I am strong enough to win races.”
“A big thanks to my team @ktmusa for supporting me in this tough time. I feel terribly sorry for them and all my sponsors for not being able to represent them on the track for the 2020 AMA SX season. But we will be back”
This is a big blow to the Red Bull / KTM team and to the series. There is a rumor out there that Chad Reed could get Marvin’s bike for his final season so stay tuned.
We wish the very likable Frenchman a speedy recovery and we look forward to seeing him back at the races.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
No worries. They make millions and have lifetime medical.
Oh wait, that other professional athletes.
Yeah. Good luck with those aches and pains when your 40 and trying to use that 8th grade education.

NQ1965

PR Elite
No worries. They make millions and have lifetime medical.
Oh wait, that other professional athletes.
Yeah. Good luck with those aches and pains when your 40 and trying to use that 8th grade education.

There is a pretty good article in MXA magazine this month about Supercross racers moving on after learning they can't make a living at it.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I could see reed being a brand ambassador in retirement. So maybe the fill in is a bridge move for ktm. Puts a big name on the bike and bridges to ambassador.

What about the guy who isn’t banned from popping hot with WADA?

Last edited:

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Am I the only one that doesn't understand the "Brand ambassador" position?
You think of certain riders you think of the brand they raced the most or had the most success on. Not necessarily who is on their paycheck now.
McGrath is not Kaw. Think of the King he is on a Honda. Yes, I know "he came up on Kaw's" big whoop, most kids did.
'Poto is Yamaha? really... He was Green most if not all of his career.
Now we have the Dung part owner of a Honda Team.
The Man is in charge of KTM... Hello, dude rode Zuk's
The only "brand" Reed cared about was himself.

Not to get side tracked... I wish Moosecan a speedy recovery. I like that little frenchy.

BUT, does anyone buy a brand of motorcycle because of these "ambassadors"?
I would like to see market research if sponsorship of any rider in our sport actually sells that product.

The Reed to KTM thing is easy, He is going to get a lot of attention because its grandpa last year. And any extra TV time is a good thing. BUT, why not reward one of your youngers kids you have on the TLD team with a step up?

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Reed already rode the bike in Husqvarna form, so it's not that big a stretch for him. Plus with the loss of Dungey as an Ambassador for KTM with his new Factory Connection Honda deal, Reed is a perfect retiring brand guy now. He won't win a title, but get some records for most SX starts on a KTM, and put that into the record books by his name. He will do OK this season, and hopefully Webb, Anderson, and Osborne can bring it home for the family in some way.

SX is brutal on the guys and it is a war of attrition it seems every year. There is no room for error and big injuries result. Roczen should be good too, Tomac always starts slow and catches fire about 5 -6 rounds in. Lots of guys that can win still so far.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Beer Ambassador

SAVE

images

Anheuser-Busch
Los Angeles, CA

Apply on LinkedIn
Apply on GlassdoorApply on ZipRecruiterApply on Resume-Library.comApply on Bumpcareer CA

6 days agoPart-time
Job Description Beer Ambassadors work as brand representatives at various events and retailers where Golden Road beer is served or promoted- such as beer and wine festivals, charity fundraisers, and Costco stores. The Ambassador will be responsible for setting up equipment, table display, pouring beer, and educating consumers on our beers and brand identity. We also have Beer Ambassadors who will give tours of our Brewery facility in Los Angeles. Responsibilities Include • Engage and educate consumers on brewing process, craft beer culture and Golden Road Brands • Pour beer tastings and/or facilitate dry demonstrations • Execute and set up Golden Road's presence at off-site events and retailers • Secure and transport equipment, beer, and promotional materials to and from event sites • Set up, break down, and clean pouring stations • Maintain all event equipment including but not limited to Jockey Box Job Qualifications Qualifications and Experience: • Must be at least 21 years...
READ MORE
Typical pay for this type of work

1576012829954.png
ZipRecruiter
$26.5k–50.8kper year
Alcohol Brand Ambassador
Based on local employers

ck1racerx

PR Addict
funny, we always say how deep the field is this time each year. Then by the time they make It to the east we get seven-deuce-deuce and bro. With all the money the factory teams dump into this you would think they would all have "just in case" riders like Gibbs did.

John250

PR Founding Father
I have been a brand ambassador for coors light for nearly three decades... I got some back pay headed my way. cha-ching!

Me too!! I am the perfect candidate for Coors Light. Although I think the Robinsons or Stumpy have me beat in quantity of Coors Lights drank.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
i am very h
Ck I think If you hunt for one positive thing for every 10 negative things you think of.....then you’d be a happier human being.
I am very happy. Pointing out stupid people and ideas makes me all warm inside. This sport is like a worlds fair of morons. And I have season tickets. WITH a parking pass