I'm back.

ADplayrider

PR Member
Well, the riding desire has hit me again. Really looking forward to it. Don't what to travel far to ride. So, thought about becoming a member of meadowlark's . Would like to hear what other members have to say about being a member of the club.

I don’t think members post a whole lot. It is cool to have keys and to be a member of a club if it’s close to you. Nicer than having to buy a ton of property to build and maintain your own track. They’ve been around for a long time. So they must be doing something right.

It depends what you want. Like George said they have done it a long time and it works for them. I only ride 3-4 times a year if I’m lucky so for me it doesn’t add up. Plus I live close to there. But if you ride a lot. And your close and willing to do the work go for it.

FYI - I rode the mx track this year. It had been years since I’d been to Amherst.
The mx track was fun and well taken care of.

We have been members for years and years at Amherst, it always has been that there are work parties for members so that they can put on races and events, that's how the club functions. It's not for everyone, but if you want a place to ride, are willing to work some events, and can get there easily, it's a nice place to ride. Not a lot of other options in that part of Ohio where you can ride if you don't own a lot of land. The track has ride days and posts the info on Facebook where if you aren't a member you can do a paid practice day if you just want to ride there and not have to work.

Amherst has 2 membership options.
Basically
1) Regular membership which requires a member to work 3 Races and 3 work parties. $400 for family. Additional work can reduce dues to $200 a year per Family.
2) Pay to Play membership. $700 for Member and dependent children under age 21. Ride everyday there is no Event scheduled from Dawn to Dusk. Not pro rated. Must water if dusty Good for Calendar year .Jan 1 2020 thru Dec 31, 2020.
No Side by Sides permitted.

Back