Helmets

Mark907

Noob
Just looking for some insight on other riders helmet preferences and why. Anyone know why 6D's ODS system would be better than Shoei's MEDS? Currently have a Shoei VFX-EVO and after a hard get off in June, i'm thinking about replacing it before i start riding again in the Spring. I didn't knock myself out, and was cleared of a concussion but did see stars when i stood up before realizing my foot my crushed.

John250

PR Founding Father
By far the best helmets I've worn are Arai. I've worn them for probably 15 years now, and would not buy anything else. Go to The Service Pavilion, they are out of PA and have a website. Get the helmet to fit your crown, then they will swap out the cheek pads for your specific sizing for a perfect fit. Most comfortable helmet I've ever worn, and it is a proven safety design.

ktrop251

PR Member
I've worn tons of helmets (and gotten knocked dingy in almost every brand I've worn) I dont think I'd trust any brands besides shoei or arai.

MX099

PR Addict
I switched from Arai to 6d and will not be switching back any time soon. In my opinion they are lighter and more comfortable.

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
I know a lot of guys are stuck on the big name helmet-only manufacturers for them, and that's good..they are good helmets for sure (shoei, arai, 6d etc).. but I've been a big fan of the fly helmets for a few years now (always their top of the line, not any of their cheaper models). I've definitely took a few beatings to the head, enough to break other bones and never came out with any head injuries. Their new Formula helmet is super light and comfortable (comes with the matching price tag though). I definitely think it's one to check out as another option if you've not looked into them.

hershey

PR Elite
I have a 6d and Airoh helmets. I have worn Bell, Shoei and others in the past. Airoh is by far the lightest and best fitting helmet I've had. Like Crute above, I've taken more than my share of head abuse. Only once in the Airoh have I been knocked a little silly. Crute and Baker were there....Lol.

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
I have a 6d and Airoh helmets. I have worn Bell, Shoei and others in the past. Airoh is by far the lightest and best fitting helmet I've had. Like Crute above, I've taken more than my share of head abuse. Only once in the Airoh have I been knocked a little silly. Crute and Baker were there....Lol.
had a real similar experience w/ a buddy a few weeks ago down there, all sounded real familiar haha...

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
“That’s fine and all.... you guys can finish riding but I just have no idea where I am
Right now. Is that my bike? When did I get a Suzuki?” Dave Smith.

I’ve been wearing the fly f2 carbons. Used to only wear shoei. I think biggest thing is to retire the helmet after a big impact.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Just got a 6D helmet for next year, it's comfortable. I haven't ridden in it yet, but will in the Spring and hope that I don't test out it's safety too much, but in case I do, I'm trying to save the brain cells that I do have left. Went with their technology when purchasing this helmet more than anything else.

jj584

PR Addict
I know a lot of guys are stuck on the big name helmet-only manufacturers for them, and that's good..they are good helmets for sure (shoei, arai, 6d etc).. but I've been a big fan of the fly helmets for a few years now (always their top of the line, not any of their cheaper models). I've definitely took a few beatings to the head, enough to break other bones and never came out with any head injuries. Their new Formula helmet is super light and comfortable (comes with the matching price tag though). I definitely think it's one to check out as another option if you've not looked into them.
The Fly Formula has us sold. Kid is on his second one after a get off that hit hard enough to crack the first. Decent concussion and broke nose but could've been way worse.

DelBalso28

PR Addict
I’ve been wearing this one for 20 years and it seems to get the job done. Looks like a Shoei to me so it must be good.
2012BF6D-A262-42C9-9CAC-446C890BEE45.jpeg

Romanyak256

PR Addict
I’ve only worn TLD helmets since about 07. I’ve never had an issue with them and i think they’re some of the best fitting.