Old School Cool

NQ1965

PR Elite
Spotted this 2003 CR250 in the classifieds, thought it worthy for a thread in Old Guys & Old Bikes.

Sweet set up, built to perform.
Back around 2004, 2005, I began riding with a new friend I had had made at work. I had my 2003 YZ250, and he had a new 2003 CR250. His Honda was pristine when I met him, but after we hooked up, built a track, we raced the dickens out of those bikes going against each other and against my then teenage son.
I liked the feel and handling of that CR. And it was a great bike for him, always ran strong and super reliable. He sometimes wish's he hadn't sold it.

If I'm remembering correctly, I believe it was Jeff Gibson (?), raced this bike at Briarcliff back in 2016 and won a moto on it against a line full of 450's.

Awesome to see older two strokes brought back to Glory.

2C7ED1EF-BB3A-4F7D-A2A3-07BF76D3D2D4.jpeg

6085F4A0-CD5A-4880-9902-536002B77BC8.jpeg

Dano762

PR Addict
Great looking bike and I agree about bringing these bikes back to life.

Last winter was my $450 Craigslist basket case. Destroyed rims, no subframe, seat, airbox, or fenders. I spent a bit more than that $450 putting it back in service. It was so nice having easy access to parts - New OEM cylinder straight from dealer for $300.

IMG_2929.JPG

NQ1965

PR Elite
Looks like a 2001?
How the wife feel about you dragging home a basket case bike, and how do you like it so far Dano?

Hey everyone my names Gerrit Myers I grew up at the track HONDA hills my father #499 Tim Myers raced an his brother bill Myers and my moms brother Kenny Adkins . I need all the help I can from everyone who used to race in the 70’s . I’m trying to find pics of my father an uncles racing. If anyone has any pics please post them so I may see them if you will and if you knew my father or my uncles I’d love to here story’s of them reach me on my email myersgerrit@gmail.com thank you for ur time