Taking Care

NQ1965

PR Elite
Last night while I was stuffing my face with some dinner, I was watching OSU/PBS The News Hour, making sure that I got all the latest that the TV news spinsters had to offer on the lynching of a president. After the days news segments was done they moved on to one of those feel-good stories, of which totally took my unsuspecting mind by surprise. They set up the story intro of how a Pro motocross racer, Kent Stephenson, suffered an life changing accident leaving him paralyzed. And then it cut to him telling his story:

When we get to this time of year where I can't ride, is when it seems that the itch to ride is the worst. His is a sobering story that reminds us of how dangerous our hobby can be, and then of course that his wreck occurred because of his engine locking up while going over a jump. (damn 4 strokes :mad:).

I hesitated on posting about it on here because in all honesty, it depress's me a little. But at this time of year, we all need to be reminded of how much our families need us to be safe at what we do. And it's not everyday that PBS runs a Motocross story.