Harold Robison. RIP

Double D

PR Founding Father
I do not know any details yet, but Harold Robison passed away this week.

I have not spent much if any time with Harold in the last 25 years, but growing up in the 70 s I would tag along with my brother Mike Grega and Harold and hit the local races. 1978 ish. Harold was a competitive guy and taught me about being aggressive and driven.
My brother Mike passed away couple years ago as well, maybe they are turning some laps.. maybe we got “RIP” wrong...... Maybe it is like RIP a track.

I will pass on any details as I get them..

Harold and I have been friends for 35 years. He was a friend and a mentor to me when I was a teenager racing. Many young kids
looked up to him as being one of the fastest guys to come from ohio in the 70s and 80 s. Like DD said he was a super competitive guy if it was racing,basketball or just playing cards he wanted to win. He thrived on being super fit and wearing guys down as the moto s got longer.

Attachments

• hank.jpg
    hank.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 482
  • thumbnail_20191226_201702(0).jpg
    thumbnail_20191226_201702(0).jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 503
  • thumbnail_20191226_201715.jpg
    thumbnail_20191226_201715.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 497
  • thumbnail_20191226_201840.jpg
    thumbnail_20191226_201840.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 519
  • thumbnail_IMG_0667.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0667.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 514
RIP Harold. Excellent rider in his day. Years ago after he had quit riding two of us went to his house to have lunch together. I was impressed - there hanging on his wall was a black and white photo I had taken of him at the Pontiac silver dome supercross. I remember the day he broke his arm or shoulder (?) at Yankee Lake - he fell over in a turn - landed on a rock! My condolences to his family and friends.

Harold and I have been friends for 35 years. He was a friend and a mentor to me when I was a teenager racing. Many young kids
looked up to him as being one of the fastest guys to come from ohio in the 70s and 80 s. Like DD said he was a super competitive guy if it was racing,basketball or just playing cards he wanted to win. He thrived on being super fit and wearing guys down as the moto s got longer.
Sorry for your loss John - I knew you guys were close friends. Getting old sucks!!

my moms ex husband used to race with him all the time and he was always over at the house. i grew up down the street from him and my dad was good friends with him, but up until i was 20 all i knew is that he had a drinking problem and he had a septic truck outside his house. he was younger than my dad so i wonder if any of that was the issue

Grew up watching Harold race pro class back in the '80's, he was a beast on the bike for sure and many epic races

RIP

RIP 383. He was a great rider and a mentor of mine as well. Some great times off the track driving dump trucks with Harold and John R.

Harold and I were like Brothers. We shared in each others family functions for years. I miss him terribly. The stories I could share would have many LOL for hours. Others would make you cry.

He gave me his beloved Remington 760 30-06 which both Harold and I harvested many a West Virginia deer with at his Parent's farm in the mountains near Heaters, WV., just prior to my relocating to Montana to retire. I have already taken two Montana Whitetail Bucks with it here. I know he is watching me with each new deer taken.

I am in the process of restoring a 1985 KTM 350 MXC. Back in the 80's and 90's I rode KTM 495 MX & MXC's and Harold used to razz me that KTM stood for Kan't Take Motocross! But we had HUGE FUN off road and trail riding in OH, PA, & WV.

Thanks Harold, I love you Brother! Rest in Peace, Septic Tank Hank

Howdy Rupe

Ronster

Attachments

• 2019 Lavonnes Buck.jpg
    2019 Lavonnes Buck.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 116
  • Me camo shirt.jpeg
    Me camo shirt.jpeg
    71.4 KB · Views: 130
Well hello Friends of Harolds, Just back on PR to report that I harvested my 3rd Montana Buck with Harold's Remington 30-06 last night. I called his Sister Sheila to let her know and she was happy to hear that Harold's memory lives on. Harold loved deer hunting as much as he did motocross and his focus on hunting was every bit as intense as his focus on anyone that may have been in front of him on a motocross track. Harold loved both with a passion.

Sheila if you get to view this post, as always it was nice to talk to you this morning. I hope you have signed up to PitRacer and can view the posts people in Harold's memory.

I will update this post with a pick of the latest buck ASAP. Ronster

Glad to hear you are carrying on for Harold and keeping his memory alive!

When I started showing up at local MX races like Smith Rd and Amherst in the 80's he was my hero! I loved Suzukis, and he raced them, and he was just so smooth and flowing on the track. I always wanted to be able to ride like him.

Harold would appreciate your words. He rode many brands throughout his racing years but he like the Zukes best of all. He was, in my opinion, smother on them than any of the other brands he rode. He liked the power and speed of the Hondas but he suffered so many engine failures that he switched to the Zukes. He could wring a Zuke out and it wouldn't puke it's guts out like the Hondas did. I can't ever think of a single time a Suzuki engine seized on him.

Harold wrangled a "Super Deal" on a new 1986 Suzuki RM 250 for me through Clement Cycle in Brunswick, Ohio. He then installed an OHLINS rear shock, changed the fork oil to a heavier viscosity over the factory oil, and set it up to my weight with the proper suspension sag. I ran it on Turbo Blue 121 Octane Racing Fuel and MAXIMA 927 Castor Oil. It was an AWESOME bike and ran Super Strong.

Funny now that I think about it, in the 80's I was paying $5.00+ for Turbo Blue 121, and now, thanks to Joe Biden, I pay almost that for 87 Regular!

Vote Republican is all I can say!

I used to travel all around the country with Harold driving to the races - Florida, Texas, California, New York, Michigan - we had some great times together. Driving hour upon hour to the races we would talk a lot but his favorite thing was to play liars poker. I always seem to lose but it was fun. I moved of state in the 80s but would stop by to visit when coming to Cleveland.

I had asked him to be my best man at my wedding, but he was too shy. Many great memories and good stories -I will miss my good friend.

Last edited:
Well it's been four years since Harold passed away and I still miss him terribly/ I talk about him with family and friends and we all fell the same loss. We love Ya Harold!

RIP, Ronster

Back