Wish I could go back 15-20yrs

Toddco327

PR Addict
Hard to believe the year 2000 is 20 years ago. I have recently have been watching some of the races from the early 2000’s on YouTube. It’s amazing watching Stewart and RC. The bikes and riders were sweet. A lot of the riders that made the sport what it is today are fun to watch.

A few things I noticed going back and watching the races:

1: Stewart was that good
2: Four strokes took over the sport FAST
3: Brandon Jesseman is so good. Kevin Windham smooth.
4: RC is the GOAT. He wanted it more than anyone
5: Attendance at the races was HUGE. Just looking at the crowds
6: The early 2000’s were arguably the most fun time for moto (in my opinion) I’m in my 30’s)

Finally I went to my parents house today and they are moving. Had to take my door from my room and bring it to my house. Some pretty cool stickers on there.

Attachments

• 16E0B5DD-84B7-40FC-AC8C-C2841D0C1D28.jpeg
    16E0B5DD-84B7-40FC-AC8C-C2841D0C1D28.jpeg
    200.9 KB · Views: 253
Agree with all that!

I think when my dad’s trailer disintegrates I’ll keep the door. It too has many stickers from over the years.

1997-2005 was a really great time in moto. Maybe now the economy is bumping along strong again we Will see that same type of thing!

Yep, not just another new year, but another decade. In the books.
I can still remember sweating all the details of making sure all of my PC's and PLC's at the plant were Y2K compliant. I was a bold and brash 34 year old at the time. (now: old and crash :confused:)

2002...…. Ricky Carmichael swept all 24 moto's of the Outdoor Nationals on a CR250 two stroke.
2003....... Kevin Windham returned to racing and challenged Ricky from doing it again, which he did, but he was on a 4 stroke while Carmichael was still on the 2 stroke. Carmichael still won the championship though.
2004....... Ricky Carmichael swept all 24 Outdoor National moto's again, but on a 4 stroke.

Probably the end of the road for 2 strokes in the nationals at that point.

Last edited:
2000 was Amazing times!!! Punk rock ...Moto ...Freestlye ..The sport had personality!!!! Now just robots ! Jett Lawrence is the only one who can save us !

Punk rock was alive and well then. I remember driving to Kames to get the new Crusty or MotoXXX video.

I remember sneaking into the pro pits with Dave Perek. We were running from security and Ron Boyas hid us in his trailer.

I also loved going to the races and getting the racerX stickers from all the nationals.

Did Parma Dave still have his mullet 20yrs ago?

Broc Heplers dad was flagging at high point at the step down behind the gate where we all thought Stewart was dead for a brief moment....not the same year but now you got a visual of his post right? Anyway heplers dad saw me and my dad. Started talkin and gave me his event staff t shirt so I could get in the pits for free. I went back and forth more than a few times and the gate guy goes “HEY! DONT YOU EVER FLAG??? Why aren’t you working ?!” Busted.

I actually got to ride then. Lol.

I'd be here for days listing why the late 90s and early 2000s were incredibly bad ass.

I'd go back 35 years, since we're traveling back. Raced 2 times a weekend, rode twice a week, had a practice track on state property that nobody messed with. Worked out on opposite days I didn't ride. Went to college, and had tremendous support from my soon to be, and still, wife. Had a great deal with Dirty Harry's KTM to ride District 5. That was back in the day.

Punk rock was alive and well then. I remember driving to Kames to get the new Crusty or MotoXXX video.

I remember sneaking into the pro pits with Dave Perek. We were running from security and Ron Boyas hid us in his trailer.

I also loved going to the races and getting the racerX stickers from all the nationals.

Did Parma Dave still have his mullet 20yrs ago?
man..could not wait for every crusty video to come out...guys where insane.

Doesn’t seem like that was long ago.
03 or 04 I think. That was my Baldwin built 03. The first year they added sand before the leap. I bent my brand new white wheels the first and only time I hit the leap that weekend lol. I told katin if he tried it, I would. He did and ate mega s**t, so I hit it the next practice first lap and landed right on top but rode it out.

Early 2000's.. 2005-2007 specifically. Race 2 maybe 3 times a weekend. Ride 2 days during the week. If I could go back I would do it all exactly the same. Spent every weekend at the track with my dad and our friends. Chasing CRA and D12 points. Too many tracks to choose from and still had crazy turnouts. those were the days

Back