Oh F! Leigh Damn Diffy???

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
The Aussie / English accents are a bit over the top for me since this isn't a foreign race series that we are watching over here!! I'd much rather hear a normal midwestern USA version of English if I'm going to listen to people talk about an American sport. I get it that they want a female in the broadcast booth to help the casual viewer relate that there are women who understand the sport and follow it, but frankly I'd rather see all guy broadcast team myself, of guys that know what they are talking about. A well spoken former pro (even if he wasn't a former champ) shouldn't be that hard to come by to help with the broadcasts, or even a huge fan of the sport like Weigandt who has been working within the sport for years.

Mostly, I DVR the races, and fast forward to only watch the actual racing anyway, and once the racing is pretty set halfway through the race, I put it on fast forward and watch for crashes that mix things up. So I don't hear a ton of the stuff that the announcers say anyway.

Romanyak256

PR Addict
Why don’t they have grant Langston and weingand announce sx like they do mx? I love listening to weingand, probably my favorite announcer since art evo man and bailey.

weaver658

PR Member
I was actually at the race in St. Louis and can’t believe how horrible the overall coverage of the race is on tv. They didn’t show Craig’s crash in the 250 main. They didn’t show ac crash on the last lap in a corner. Why they keep showing Kens wife is beyond me. I couldn’t care less about a spouses reaction. I understand there is a lot going on during a race, but there is room for a lot of improvement.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
I was actually at the race in St. Louis and can’t believe how horrible the overall coverage of the race is on tv. They didn’t show Craig’s crash in the 250 main. They didn’t show ac crash on the last lap in a corner. Why they keep showing Kens wife is beyond me. I couldn’t care less about a spouses reaction. I understand there is a lot going on during a race, but there is room for a lot of improvement.
Was the track as sweet as it looked on tv?

Windtunnel36

PR Addict
Plus during the race they flashed back to KR's crashes a couple years ago. Come on, I don't like seeing that, especially during the race. I'm not sure I like the two views of the race at the same time. I kind of get dizzy, LOL.

Dano762

PR Addict
Plus during the race they flashed back to KR's crashes a couple years ago. Come on, I don't like seeing that, especially during the race. I'm not sure I like the two views of the race at the same time. I kind of get dizzy, LOL.
A great reason to try and get to 1 race each season. It is so much better at the track and no silly opinions - well except the ones in my head.

We got out to the Anaheim opener - have family in LA. Such a good way to spend the day - 10 plus hours (practice, qualifications, pits, races) - We skip the lines for the big names and spend time talking with the privateers in the pits. My wife and I pick a few privateers and root for them making the mains all season - makes it more interesting.

I do like the way this season is setting up and was thrilled to see Roczen win.

Indy is coming up and tickets are affordable compared to concerts and other sports.

And Daytona is one of the best - cheapish general admission with first come first serve seats and so much good racing. Watching from the banked 500 track during practice and in the stands during the race - priceless.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
A great reason to try and get to 1 race each season. It is so much better at the track and no silly opinions - well except the ones in my head.

We got out to the Anaheim opener - have family in LA. Such a good way to spend the day - 10 plus hours (practice, qualifications, pits, races) - We skip the lines for the big names and spend time talking with the privateers in the pits. My wife and I pick a few privateers and root for them making the mains all season - makes it more interesting.

I do like the way this season is setting up and was thrilled to see Roczen win.

Indy is coming up and tickets are affordable compared to concerts and other sports.

And Daytona is one of the best - cheapish general admission with first come first serve seats and so much good racing. Watching from the banked 500 track during practice and in the stands during the race - priceless.

I agree with everything you say.......except outdoors and Red Bud.

Bill480

PR Addict

yea i had to turn away from that. was hard enough to watch the first 50 times but they must be thinking its like a nascar crash, its what the people want to see!

hershey

PR Elite
We need Fro and RC togwther with Weigandt. Ever listen to the Realtalk 447 podcast? Those guys work good together. Another option would be JS7, seen his commentary on the races this year? He is well spoken, funny and gets into the riders heads.

Bill480

PR Addict
We need Fro and RC togwther with Weigandt. Ever listen to the Realtalk 447 podcast? Those guys work good together. Another option would be JS7, seen his commentary on the races this year? He is well spoken, funny and gets into the riders heads.

Cracks me up every time I hear him ragging on Tomac and then Tomac goes out and wins the next one.