Summit Indoors

I originally thought the pictures made the track look like it had small jumps, once we got there it looked normal and had some challenge to it. Not sure how the riders felt about the big double. Seems like the turn after the landing had a weird angle on it so ever body was cross jumping trying to get into that turn. It was your typical summit indoors, with less blatantly drunk people. People crammed in around the fence to watch, people parking like jackasses around your trailer, the norm. The roads in and around the area have gone to s**t, after arriving I thought the gate lady was going to hand me a belt buckle and take my picture. I just won the pro rodeo!

I watched Friday - glad it wasn't 20 degrees. Seemed like a good turnout.

I'm not much of an indoor guy anymore but track looked good - berms were pretty low after last years incident.

Friday night i got a nice T-Bone that was a little more raw than id like it but it was a pure racing accident. Track was fun minus the berms but given the circumstances from last year its totally understandable. The crew did a great job with the track. The drinking seemed a little more under control but still feel like there could still be more done. It is what it is. Looking forward to next month already!

I think this was the warmest summit I’ve ever been to! A nice change from -5 degrees lol

I will say that I am blown away by what they did to help keep the spectators safe after last year. Everyone is always quick to complain and what people can do to make things better. But the summit crew took the bull by the horns and really did a great job. I’m sure the netting isn’t cheap and it didn’t obstruct any views.

Everyone seemed to like the track. Bummer about the berms but I felt it gave a little more opportunity for passing. Instead of a freight train hitting the berm people were going inside and outside. Low and high. Overall I felt it was a great weekend.

They were up against the tri state arenacross series in KY as well as maybe some of the typical fast guy crowd maybe heading to st louis for futures races as well... turn out seemed OK for most classes though.

Summit was an absolute blast. Man, it’s been 4 years since I have been there. First, Bobby and crew have really dialed in the operation as well as the look of the place. It was great to see people that I haven’t for so long...it’s like time didn’t even pass. Also, great to see Rich from MXfreakspix! He is a lover of the sport and people. Ohio MX is very fortunate to have him. And a couple got engaged in front of the crowd, that was cool!

Also, the atmosphere was noticeably different and more calm with the alcohol restrictions. People seemed to be having a bit more fun. No event is gonna be perfect with that many people and all the variables.

I agree, it would be good to have the road fixed...but hey, it’s a road...you can get in and out.

Would appreciate some honest feedback...what can we do to improve the announcing? I am pretty much a straight of the plate personality and struggle to add flavor on the microphone.

You can’t really hear the announcing unless your next to the stage. At least we couldn’t. Playing it over a radio station would be nice. I’d put my buds in and listen and be able to hear it.

Was there Friday night..seemed like a good turn out...think there was like 54 motos..I made it about half way..just can’t stay up that late any more..lol.

Who ever was announcing Saturday was amazing ..Dude was funny and on point He had a huge head though.Way better then the guy last year who making fun of the little kids ...The nets didn’t even really realize they were there ! The small berms were a nice little change. We need more pros out there!!! I need Roman and Mcdade out there!

You’ll never satisfy the masses with announcing.

If you keep your priority the calls system and you do it well people appreciate.

Anything important announce it three times in a row with an awkward pause somewhere in the mix. That basically perks everyone’s ears.

1st call. 2nd call. Last call, on the line. On the track. Harp it constantly.

And scream “where Is tomac.”

You’ll never satisfy the masses with announcing.

If you keep your priority the calls system and you do it well people appreciate.

Anything important announce it three times in a row with an awkward pause somewhere in the mix. That basically perks everyone’s ears.

1st call. 2nd call. Last call, on the line. On the track. Harp it constantly.

And scream “where Is tomac.”
I see, I see, I said - I see a RrrrrEeeeaaad light !,,,,,the dude from Baja,,

Dude was very professional..... and pumped the crowd up all night ...Roman and Mcdade own the place ...Killbarger is a close second to them ...Amazing they have been doing it for almost 25/30 years now !!!!

20 years ago it was Katin, Karnow, Burkhart.. Some others too.. I miss the jump contests.. lol

So who was the announcer?

I remember watching Meister do the jump contest and watching him stand on the backseat doing wheelie down the stretch on his YZF250.

I forgot about the little guy on the wheeler, he stole the show and didn’t even know it. It was great to see 20+ PW’s racing...I’ve never seen that many at Summit or many of the local races. Really cool!

AES has a new electric KTM on display. That move by KTM is GENIUS!!

Your right Baker, an honestly, I feel confident about what you said...I want to get better at calling the races and keeping the tempo up. Todd did great! It was his first time announcing and he did really good (except for hopping the fence, haha, sorry pal), and great insights and rider interviews.

Todd and I announced Meister.

Excited for the next one!

Oh maaannnnnn that dude looked like he needed a life ring when he was trying to hop the fence!!! The STRUGGLE was real! And yes Strouble did a awesome job too! Strouble ...You never told me HOW THE DATE WENT!!!! Damn you

Back