BREAKING NEWS: RYAN DUNGEY PARTS WAYS WITH GEICO HONDA

Tom

PR Elite
1582763402509.png

BREAKING NEWS: RYAN DUNGEY PARTS WAYS WITH GEICO HONDA
Ryan Dungey announced his departure from the Factory Connection Racing team via instagram on Wednesday afternoon. As a long-time Red Bull KTM rider, we were thrown off guard when Ryan first announced that he would join the Geico Honda team as a part owner at the end of last year. You can read all about his decision to join with Honda in our interview with Ryan by clicking here. Now, after less than three months with the team, Dungey has a had a change of heart. He mentioned in his post that the commitment to the team is larger than he can give at this stage in his life and that it’s not his style to do anything half way. Ryan has a seven month old daughter now and he lives in Minnesota while the team is located in Southern California. As stated, the commitment was larger than Ryan can give and we assume that the commute from Minnesota to California and the busy race schedule were exactly what deterred Ryan and caused him to take a step back. We hope to find out more info about his decision to leave the team soon.

Can't knock him for giving it a shot! I'm sure it's hard to be away, settle down and start a family then go back on the road racing.

It's probably more work than being a rider without any of the glory or fun, and once you see what it takes to put racers on the track and give them everything they need to win and how much work that is............ probably wasn't for him. Enjoy your money, make some wise investments, and ride some, race some, and commentate some and live off the hard work you put in for those racing years.

I think its hilarious. We arent hearing the truth. He was a pro racer for years, he knew exactly how much work was involved. Dunge is a smart guy, he isnt one of those barely educated idiot pros.

Something wasn't kosher and we will never know the truth

I agree. You don't go into this type venture and 4 months later your walking when it is advertised that your part "owner". Something is up behind the scenes for sure.

Come on guys. Why did he walk away from racing in his prime? For the same reason.

WIFE

No possible way he did not “know the commitment level” of what team owners do. He has been around them all his adult life.
if you are 100% owner you do little nothing but write checks and manage. In his role he had nothing to do but smile for pictures. CLEARLY there is much more to this and like said above, we will never know because it would look bad for all parties.
So that leaves it up to speculation. We excel in that field. My money is on controlling interests and who gets to say what goes. Having a brother in the organization also could be a contributing factor. “My bother owns this biotch and he says this”.
maybe the test results just came back and he is allergic to Red plastic like I am.
He read the “I motor-cross owner, you be one too” novel by Tony Alessi
Team found out his wife drives a Toyota minivan.
Gas-Gas gave him more options-options. (Kinda against my red plastic theory)
He would not slide back and race a 250 for the 32nd year like Martin.
He hates Sexton like the rest of us.
The Red Bull money stopped coming in. (Half joke)

I thought a baby wouldn’t be too hard. Turns out they’re hard.....

nobody here has ever taken a job and realized wasnt a good fit after? Hard to believe.

ck...really. Sit back manage and write checks ? Sounds too easy ???? Doubt it.

nobody here has ever taken a job and realized wasnt a good fit after? Hard to believe.

Bahahahaha………...you think a baby is hard? We had twins when my daughter was 3. And that's easy compared to dealing with them when they are 20 and two 16 year olds. And it is also much cheaper when they are babies. If anyone ever tells you babies are expensive they have never had teenagers in school and college.

But cute little girl. Enjoy her while she is little. They grow up fast. I was on the road for work about 3 or 4 times a week when my kids were little.

Probably got carpel tunnel from playing solitaire.
I have no idea what a team owner does. But I cant imagine it is much of anything. Maybe butt pain from sitting in all the meetings begging for money from sponsors. Possible chronic paper cuts from flipping through his word of the day calendar. Perhaps the Goo Gone supply is running low and he really needs some to get the sticky stuff off his fingers after peeling all the gecko stickers off his lunch box after a misunderstanding...

Long time mentor Roger D is getting up there in age.. I wouldn't be shocked to see him go back to KTM for some type of role.

And if Greathouse is right ... Happy Wife, Happy Life! We alllll know that :)

Bahahahaha………...you think a baby is hard? We had twins when my daughter was 3. And that's easy compared to dealing with them when they are 20 and two 16 year olds. And it is also much cheaper when they are babies. If anyone ever tells you babies are expensive they have never had teenagers in school and college.

But cute little girl. Enjoy her while she is little. They grow up fast. I was on the road for work about 3 or 4 times a week when my kids were little.
totally agree with you.

Dude
I think its hilarious. We arent hearing the truth. He was a pro racer for years, he knew exactly how much work was involved. Dunge is a smart guy, he isnt one of those barely educated idiot pros.

Something wasn't kosher and we will never know the truth
dude. He wouldn’t even sign an autograph. Someone musta dressed up in a jester hat in that geico rig and gave him PTSD. He was like NO! No! NO!

Back