2020 Loretta Lynns

SCHAFFERNOCKER

PR Addict
What's everyone's plan this year? Early predictions on title contenders?

Mitchy put down some really solid motos at Archview in the B classes I am looking forward to seeing him grow substantially this season. Evan Ferry is an animal on that husky mini machine and you should follow his IG if you dont already :). Seth Hammaker's back for the A class titles (I think he'll wait till after LL to go pro). And now Floridian, ex local boy Kenny Henry got another bike and has been on a terror in the plus 30 class, on the coat tails of Micheal Willard at Tampa SX futures.

We will be heading to Budd's Creek for Sunday's motos in a little over a week, going to see anyone there?

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Hoping no issues in other parts of life derail my plan to ride in the +50 class this year which would also mark 25 years since my very first trip to Loretta's I believe. I'm not planning on racing much other than a qualifier and Ironman regional and then Loretta's. After that, the Red Bud Vet Fest and maybe a GP style race or two thrown in there, mostly just a pro - practicer to get my riding / practicing in for the few races that I will actually ride in.

owndjoo

PR Member
Got some of the old guys talked into making a run together. 30+ and 450C for me, trying to hit 3 regionals depending on what my military schedule allows. Brayden Anderson is ripppppping on the Kawi 85 and testing the waters on the Supermini as well. Keep an eye on him this year for sure!

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
Boy wants to make another run at it. Told his mom he wants to skip baseball and only do moto and soccer. We hope she lets him try this year. The area and regional lay out is great for ohio youth riders. Going to pick him up a brand new 50 today when I get off work.

Toddco327

PR Addict
I’m excited that the area and regional qualifiers are at local tracks. I think that says a lot about the product that BC and Malvern put out.

As for riders I like to watch the B class. Those kids fly. And the fact that some of them are 15-16yrs old is amazing.

NOWA

PR Member
Every qualifier/regional is just too early.....Being from the north makes no sense to me on these early dates? This has been a super mild winter with alot of snow race cancellations, just can not ride bikes here till at least april (I'm not complaining!) Snowcross and cross counrty races do not end till April.

Last 4 years its been either highschool wrestling state competition or gradutations, now the last two years college gradutations every year dates are the same weekends. Truthfully rather watch one of my kids walk in the ceceremony then see them race or I race.

Will take one week at a time. See what opportunities arrive!

owndjoo

PR Member
Every qualifier/regional is just too early.....Being from the north makes no sense to me on these early dates? This has been a super mild winter with alot of snow race cancellations, just can not ride bikes here till at least april (I'm not complaining!) Snowcross and cross counrty races do not end till April.

Last 4 years its been either highschool wrestling state competition or gradutations, now the last two years college gradutations every year dates are the same weekends. Truthfully rather watch one of my kids walk in the ceceremony then see them race or I race.

Agreed with it being early, no prep time up here. Everyone’s going south to ride in the cold months now. Wasn’t like that at all growing up, but now it’s the norm.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
I'll be going into malvern with some rust for sure - by high point and red bud I should be rolling on the new rig.

Regionals I don't know - I've never rode Pleasure Valley or Ironman but sand is more my thing so I'm not expecting much if I get there.

Romanyak256

PR Addict
I’ll be trying for 30+... will be hitting chilitown for the aq, if i qualify there I’ll go to Highpoint for their AQ as well.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict

I agree with that.

Got started on the 2020 race bike for him. I've got new black plastics for it, just have to get the graphics figured out before I put them on. Picking up the Flo pegs this weekend.

We are going to try Tomahawk this weekend. Last time was such a bust, but I had buddys say it was much better as of last week. He needs to get a gate drop before these early area's as his last gate drop was in Sept when he broke his arm.

Attachments

• 20200305_182357.jpg
    20200305_182357.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 192

Meister

PR Founding Father
If I get off my ass I might try for fun again. Really just want to ride ironman. Would be 20 years since I went to Lorettas.

Double D

PR Founding Father
May be an easier year to get in. I wonder what kind of gates they will get. Think it may thin out this year? Play money may not be easy to come by for some.