Lorettas Info needed

jj584

PR Addict
This conversationis starting really early, I remember going through a thread on this but I cant find it again. I don't think my kid will make it but he's going to try which means I need to financially plan now. Having never been before I have no Idea what I'm in for. I have so many questions. Leaving the bike gas, and maintenance out of this conversation and focusing purely on living there for the week in our motor home please spill any info I may need. How much is the week going to cost me, is there a pooper service or do I need a dump cart, would I have to reserve a camper spot, when should you actually get there?

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
I think I spent 2g total for the week, that was with out the $200 for a camper hook up if you win the lottery.
They have showers and shitter house'. They have water if you take a tank, you can get your self. A truck comes around to suck your poo if needed. Hardly any cell service, towns aren't far tho, gas station is even close to keep the geni gas topped off.
We got there Thursday before and left Friday afternoon ( his last moto was at 1230ish) We stopped at Jellystone park in KY, by Mammoth Caves on our way home for 2 days and had a blast there also.
Camper spots are a lottery. That said a buddy pulled into one after a couple days of it sitting empty, they came up charged him the $200 bucks and he happily paid them.
Place is big take form of pit vehicle. There is a lot of down time but great racing happening.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Walmart is about 10 minutes from the track. Don’t have to haul a ton of weight. Can buy your needs once there.

budget $2000-3000 just for Loretta’s. That doesn’t include qualifying/regional chasing.
You’ll have a blast tho it’s a lot of fun. Glad my brother got there last year.

You can buy shitter sucker vouchers. Put it in your front window and they’ll dump your tank.also water truck as well to refill your water. Pay attention to the weather. If it’s a monsoon those trucks won’t be able to get to you. So suck your shitter our the day before a 60-100% chance of rain forecast. Otherwise you might be sitting on the brown mountain if the place floods and trucks can’t get to you.

MX_Implements

PR Addict
I'm not sure how you guys only spent $2-3k .. I feel like I went as cheap as possible and spent a little over 4k just for the week at LL.
Show up early, like Wednesday or sooner the week before. We showed up late Friday and had to park down by the museum which was a little more than a mile away.
Make sure to have a pit vehicle.. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best. I manage to fry a new clutch between practice and the first moto.
At 31 years old I was a nervous wreck, I rode like complete s**t the whole week. I got smoked by guys I would normally half track.
So go and relax, have fun and take it all in..

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
You can also fill the camper with water from the pilot gas station as when you turn off the highway to save water weight on the way down.
My son literally just said yesterday how nervous he was at Loretta's. He is only 8... I told him the entire week and even leading up to it, I just wanted him to have fun and be proud he made it. I guess when it is time to race it is time to race and the gitters come.

DelBalso28

PR Addict
My trips have been just under/at 2k total. That’s registration, camping spot, food, vehicle gas, bike/accessory gas, tires, graphics, clutch, top end.
Can be done fairly cheap or as expensive as you’d like. I was comfortable and prepared all week.

I got there Saturday afternoon both times, probably grabbed the last good spot both times as well(truck/toyhauler), stressful arriving that late. I would suggest Friday arrival or earlier if you have a big set up. It gets packed quick and some people really sprawl themselves out in their pit area which sucks.

If you are lucky to win a hook up spot that may take some stress off of having a good spot, but those are still first come first serve as far as spot selection goes from what I’ve seen

Last edited:

DelBalso28

PR Addict
The 2k number doesn’t seem bad. I swear I saw 5k before.
Yup I’ve heard 5-10k. I think people factor in tons of unnecessary costs when they throw those numbers out there. Realistically the only for sure cost you are paying is $100 per class registration, and $500ish for your pit area/camping for the week. And a transponder fee. Also your camping fee covers admission for everyone in the vehicle.

The rest is up to what you want to drive down and the gas cost, the food you want to eat, and how much money you want to throw into your bike/gear for the show.

jj584

PR Addict
Yup I’ve heard 5-10k. I think people factor in tons of unnecessary costs when they throw those numbers out there. Realistically the only for sure cost you are paying is $100 per class registration, and $500ish for your pit area/camping for the week. And a transponder fee. Also your camping fee covers admission for everyone in the vehicle.

The rest is up to what you want to drive down and the gas cost, the food you want to eat, and how much money you want to throw into your bike/gear for the show.
I spent most of the winter ordering and getting what he needs. Honestly should be covered for the season on parts and gear aside from the rare breakage or an unusual amount of the bike being thrown on the ground. I’d prefer to just race local stuff and have a good time but he wants to go and try.

DelBalso28

PR Addict
I spent most of the winter ordering and getting what he needs. Honestly should be covered for the season on parts and gear aside from the rare breakage or an unusual amount of the bike being thrown on the ground. I’d prefer to just race local stuff and have a good time but he wants to go and try.

Not sure if this is the first go at LL, but..
Areas and regionals are the best racing around. The experience gained is like no other. Enjoy the whole process, it’s all very worthwhile regardless of the outcome.

I treat AQs like a good local race. Maybe throw some new tires on and race. Come regional time, have him as prepared as he can be. It’s the toughest race on the toughest track.
The ultimate goal is to qualify for LL, but don’t let that be the only goal with anything else being a failure. Earning your best finish position at a regional is an accomplishment in itself.
It’ll be rewarding to get that ticket, but if not, you know where you stand and have some serious fuel to the fire for next year, along with some knowledge on what you can do better. They don’t sell that fuel at local races

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
I thought I was faster than I was.

I went to some bigger events last season and got smacked around pretty good.

Like Delbalso said....see where you fit in then start making goals.

jj584

PR Addict
I thought I was faster than I was.

I went to some bigger events last season and got smacked around pretty good.

Like Delbalso said....see where you fit in then start making goals.
I would be shocked if he made it out of the areas. Was just curious what this would cost if hell freezes over.

Romanyak256

PR Addict
If i make it to Loretta’s i am doing it as cheaply as possible. I know the words cheap and motocross dont mesh well together. Last time i tried i finished 4th in my local and dnf’d at the regional. I think for the regional i only spent $350 (the included race fee, transponder fee, hotel for a night and all food/fuel)