Ideas on how to get through this - track rentals?

John250

PR Founding Father
I am just guessing if you show up at the ER from a motocross track, the doctors and nurses are not going to be too sympathetic.

jfalat

PR Addict
The normal runny nose ER cloggers aren’t here. The ER is dead. They’re cutting staffing. Nows the best time to go in my opinion.

The Er I work in was insane before all this pandemic drum up. Now everyone’s scared so they stop using ER like a doctor office. Not saying it can’t be crazy elsewhere but it markedly slower now. I cover two hospitals. Both slow.
Georgie is right.. my wife works for pulmonary at summa.. they are cutting staff left and right..

hershey

PR Elite
Actually if you're advocating getting this over quickly then go hangout with as many people as possible. The purpose of the lockdown is to reduce the number of people infected at one time (infection rate) in order to relieve the care facilities burden. However, this actually does not reduce the total number of infected people as much as you think. It also means the basic same number of people are still infected but over a longer time period. It's the right thing to do, just not for shortening the issue.

trent56mx

PR Addict
Actually if you're advocating getting this over quickly then go hangout with as many people as possible. The purpose of the lockdown is to reduce the number of people infected at one time (infection rate) in order to relieve the care facilities burden. However, this actually does not reduce the total number of infected people as much as you think. It also means the basic same number of people are still infected but over a longer time period. It's the right thing to do, just not for shortening the issue.
Please tell me you are drunk, sleep deprivated, inhaled too many paint fumes or something.

I'll still hang out though if you buy pizza and let me use your pressure washer again.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Italy is roughly the size of Arizona.
Population 60 million

America 320 million population.

Italians live very close together. Population of Arizona is 7 million.

Comparing us to Italy isn’t a comparison. You can’t compare region to region. You just gotta handle it as it comes along. The reason you’re seeing high New York numbers is due to population density. Mimics probably that if Italy. People live on top of eachother and share rooms with rats. Anything spreads in New York fast. Majority of the country will be ok. Population dense areas are high risk.

Motocross tracks are in low population dense areas. We will be ok.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Georgie is right.. my wife works for pulmonary at summa.. they are cutting staff left and right..
My wife is an OR nurse and not working. Dead in the water. No case load.

In my opinion all hospitals should be running at full capacity, and training their would-be cut staff for being overrun. Atleast in the next seven days. If the huge covid tsunami boom happens you’re better prepared. If it doesn’t...go back to staffing the grid and cutting hours.

These hospitals are going to post huge losses anyway and blame covid. They’ll get tax abatement as and federal relief. Labor costs for 7-14 days at full capacity will not bankrupt them. But from what I’m seeing nobody thinks like this. They’re still trying to staff like it’s a regular time in American history. It isn’t. Wierd.

I’m not worried about the virus. I’m worried about people getting stupid.

John250

PR Founding Father
Two nurses at Kettering in Dayton were talking about how low their census is compared to normal and that Kettering is going to lay people off, and they are calling nurses off.

hershey

PR Elite
Please tell me you are drunk, sleep deprivated, inhaled too many paint fumes or something.

I'll still hang out though if you buy pizza and let me use your pressure washer again.

I'm not advocating doing that. But study the bell curve. That is specifically what it does. It reduces the spike and extends the amount of time the virus runs through the population. The only way it reduces the total number of cases is if the virus mutates before the lock down or if the develop and release a vaccine before the lockdown is over.

Read and learn grasshopper.

Screenshot_20200325-181550_Chrome.jpg

trent56mx

PR Addict
I'm not advocating doing that. But study the bell curve. That is specifically what it does. It reduces the spike and extends the amount of time the virus runs through the population. The only way it reduces the total number of cases is if the virus mutates before the lock down or if the develop and release a vaccine before the lockdown is over.

Read and learn grasshopper.

View attachment 69539
Ok, since you're not advocating it. We talked about this the other day. Being in the medical field, receiving multiple emails every day I'm all up to speed.

Also checking social media I'm aware "What is really going on," "How we should really fix this" and the oh so many "hilarious" Corona, quarantine, social distancing jokes, memes.

I'm over it haha, this a ride thread not an argue and update about the pandemic thread.

20200322_170218.jpg

Let's remember the good times. That soaker attachment was sweet.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
Frosty green machine. ^

I rode trails for the first time in YEARS yesterday

Social distancing is awesome - trail guys bring beer too.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Yea that’s true. Those Hudak’s know how to drink. It’s too bad the one that never does cooler inventory moved to Tennessee. Fairly certain that cooler never gets lighter no matter how many you take from it.

owndjoo

PR Member
I fully agree that riding is fine. They are worried about people being close to each other and touching things. Parks are open, just went mountain biking yesterday. The key is social distancing in the pits. Parking with extra room and keeping that radius if you’re talking to someone.

Double D

PR Founding Father
What is scary. Everyone on tube has a different story. Doctors say they don’t have what they need government says they have plenty.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
The drive to that part of NC is brutal. JWTF was a lot of fun when I was there - jumps look way bigger now than when I was there.

jj584

PR Addict
The drive to that part of NC is brutal. JWTF was a lot of fun when I was there - jumps look way bigger now than when I was there.
Yea it’s a long drive. If things don’t turn around soon though we’ll probably be back down end of April or beginning of May.