Prayers for Jay Gref

John250

PR Founding Father
A lot of you guys that ride vintage events know Henry and Jay Gref. Jay needs some prayers right now for sure. He is struggling with some severe medical issues. I spoke to Henry last week, and he is definitely concerned. Last I was told, he had a surgery in Indianapolis cancelled because he was just not strong enough at the time for surgery. So everyone please say a prayer for Jay's health. I've known Henry and Jay for many many years, and they are truly some of the nicest people you will ever meet in motocross.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Thoughts and prayers for the Gref family! Jay was a worthy competitor any time I ever ran across him on the track over the years!

John250

PR Founding Father
On the 6th Jay ended up just having a consult in the hospital. He was finally able to be taken to surgery and have his transplant today. I am told it went well and he was in recovery. Keep saying prayers for him.

GoFar

PR Member
At first the name didn't sound familiar, but more I got to thinking about it, my son and I met a 76 year old man with his son both riding when we were at Windy Ridge a couple years ago. We talked to him for a little while and he talked about a lot of vintage races he did. I seem to recall Gref may have been the name on the bike. Any thoughts if this would be the same guy?

Edit: He talked with a real heavy accent, I don't remember exactly where he said he was from.

Last edited:

MW850

PR Member
At first the name didn't sound familiar, but more I got to thinking about it, my son and I met a 76 year old man with his son both riding when we were at Windy Ridge a couple years ago. We talked to him for a little while and he talked about a lot of vintage races he did. I seem to recall Gref may have been the name on the bike. Any thoughts if this would be the same guy?

Edit: He talked with a real heavy accent, I don't remember exactly where he said he was from.
This will have to be them! I don’t know any other late 70+ gentlemen that rides like Henry does!!!

John250

PR Founding Father

Yep. Henry and Jay rode Windy Ridge. Henry still goes over to Europe every year for about 3 months and rides some Vintage events.

GoFar

PR Member
Yup, that's the video he showed us. Had fun that day, I hope things continue to go down the right path for them.

Thanks for the update, I never figured I would have ever heard about them again. This had made my day.

John250

PR Founding Father
I've known them for over 30 years. You wont find two nicer guys in MX. And Henry always loves talking about his old CZs.