Hope you all are well... I miss Ralph Shaheen...

John250

PR Founding Father
I cancelled the app before the season. Hell I just taped the races on TV and never watched the app last year.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Ralph and the gang maybe back mid May. All 7races will be held at Glendale Arizona with no fans. There is a shot this may happen.
So if there are no fans (which I doubt they would do, that hurts the bottom line) then you can have those races anywhere. Hell, build 7 tracks side by side out in the desert and run them all in one week. No Rona to worry about.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Nobody builds tracks for the racing. They build to make money.

(not talking about local promoters here—-talkin about big circus-revenue type companies)

John250

PR Founding Father
i have a hard time believing they are going to race with empty stadiums.. fans equal $.
I agree. If it were one or two races perhaps. I said the same thing about Nascar. Without fans the does the revenue matter?

I am told that they are looking to perhaps even play NFL games without fans in the stands because of the HUGE TV contracts. Who knows what is true. I am guessing if all these sporting events started up, there might be some fans that do not come, but many would.

jfalat

PR Addict
Major sponsors = $$$$$
this is true... but major sponsors are stilling looking at fans to support there product.. monster energy is not suporting super cross because they love the sport.. they are looking for fans to make a purchase...

bruceb

PR Addict
Yes, someone is going to take the hit. If the races don't happen, Feld takes a HUGE loss, Butler Brothers Racing (as well as many other teams) take a HUGE loss. Select riders (on a personal services contract) do not get paid. If the races happen without fans, Monster Energy, Rocky Mountain ATV/MC as well as other sponsors (be it series or team or individual rider) do not get the return on advertising that they expected.

hindsy

PR Addict
Yes everyone is taking the $$$$ hit on this one. I'm just glad to be healthy. Not fit, but then I'm not sure Ive ever been considered fit. Mentally or physically lol) I hope they can run a few races so we can get an ending to the season and not have Tomac just win the championship on the suspended season aspect. I'm a Tomac fan and would hate to hear the fans riding him because this was the only way he could win the championship.
I pretty much kept my NBC Gold subscription since the money was gone already. Thats the way I watched the racing and got the SX and MX outdoor subscription. No cable in the house. Turned it off in the fall. Spend about a third as much since we only have internet and subscribe toNetflix and a couple others.
Gonna be a strange year... God Bless.