Super Regionals 2020

Bruce, who do you have in the John Grewe-less +50 class this year? Mike Treadwell, Kevin Walker, Barry Carsten, Todd Richotte, Earl May? I think my money is on Kevin Walker

Grewe got banged up at Martin MX, torn up shoulder and I think concussion, etc. Like a week before Wildcat.

Todd Dehoop was at Wildcat for +50....but when he saw the debacle with the track he packed up and left. I talked to him before he left and he is the one that told me about Grewe.

I will be rooting for Barry Carsten for sure, but I too believe Kevin Walker will take the +50 title.

Mike Treadwell is a great guy and one tough SOB if you have ever talked with him and hung out with him, he could be a spoiler, but he is coming off some surgeries in the past year to fix years of MX abuse on his body, but he was hauling at Pleasure Valley once he got through the first moto and went 3-1-1 to win the 50 class there, beating Carsten in 2 of 3 motos. He could be a spoiler to Kevin Walker's comeback after 10 year hiatus since his legal troubles. It's funny being in the 50 class now, and since my first trip to Loretta's was in 1995 when I was in the +25 class, I've been racing against these same group of guys for the last 25 years! Most of the guys on the list are guys that I've been in the same classes as we've all aged over the years. Some of the guys are characters that you always remember, and some of them keep to themselves and you don't know much about them, but it's always the same core group of guys that are in my class time after time.

Mike Treadwell is a great guy and one tough SOB if you have ever talked with him and hung out with him, he could be a spoiler, but he is coming off some surgeries in the past year to fix years of MX abuse on his body, but he was hauling at Pleasure Valley once he got through the first moto and went 3-1-1 to win the 50 class there, beating Carsten in 2 of 3 motos. He could be a spoiler to Kevin Walker's comeback after 10 year hiatus since his legal troubles. It's funny being in the 50 class now, and since my first trip to Loretta's was in 1995 when I was in the +25 class, I've been racing against these same group of guys for the last 25 years! Most of the guys on the list are guys that I've been in the same classes as we've all aged over the years. Some of the guys are characters that you always remember, and some of them keep to themselves and you don't know much about them, but it's always the same core group of guys that are in my class time after time.

I agree, I think Treadwell and walker will run away with the lead. I think Treadwell will be the sleeper. Robin I think I've only raced you once... didn't go well lol, you passed me on the last lap at braircliff on your brand new husky then fell directly in front of me in the main rut while in hot pursuit I ram you, go over the bars, and break all your plastic! let's not do that again lol

I agree, I think Treadwell and walker will run away with the lead. I think Treadwell will be the sleeper. Robin I think I've only raced you once... didn't go well lol, you passed me on the last lap at braircliff on your brand new husky then fell directly in front of me in the main rut while in hot pursuit I ram you, go over the bars, and break all your plastic! let's not do that again lol
Matt, yeah let's not do that again, LOL. Say hi to me at the ranch (if I go), I like to meet the Ohio guys for sure!!! I'm only 2 weeks out of knee surgery tomorrow and hoping that I can ride well enough to still make it. I'm going to try to ride this week and see how the knee feels, huge get-off at Pleasure Valley in the final moto has me hobbled at the moment, but I really want to make my 25 year anniversary since my first Loretta's and 20 year anniversary of winning the Vet B Class in 2000. Plus my niece (Women's Class) and nephew (Sr Mini 1 & 2)who live in Orlando are both in and would like to be there for them and hang with my sister and brother in law all week. Of course, my long time riding buddy turned crazy Mini Dad, Darrin Zaremba, will be down there too, and love to see how Mitchy is progressing each and every year. Dave Jones and I have been riding and racing with each other for our entire lives, so always good to see smiling faces that you know at the ranch!

Matt, yeah let's not do that again, LOL. Say hi to me at the ranch (if I go), I like to meet the Ohio guys for sure!!! I'm only 2 weeks out of knee surgery tomorrow and hoping that I can ride well enough to still make it. I'm going to try to ride this week and see how the knee feels, huge get-off at Pleasure Valley in the final moto has me hobbled at the moment, but I really want to make my 25 year anniversary since my first Loretta's and 20 year anniversary of winning the Vet B Class in 2000. Plus my niece (Women's Class) and nephew (Sr Mini 1 & 2)who live in Orlando are both in and would like to be there for them and hang with my sister and brother in law all week. Of course, my long time riding buddy turned crazy Mini Dad, Darrin Zaremba, will be down there too, and love to see how Mitchy is progressing each and every year. Dave Jones and I have been riding and racing with each other for our entire lives, so always good to see smiling faces that you know at the ranch!

Sounds like one hell of a challenge, WOW dude that's courageous! I will certainly look for you! I think I've been practicing with mitchy at SSR, there's so many fast kids there I can't tell but i think that's him. I'm at least 25yrs older than all of them so it's very challenging for me. I can honestly say I'm having more fun this year then I've had in a long time, meeting davey and the OG pit racer at wildcat, racing riverside in Iowa and just training with purpose, and getting ready for lorrettas, I've really enjoyed the process. I went in 1989 125c stock so 31 year gap for me!

Matt, you've been working hard on your skills and conditioning all year. I think you have a solid top 10 or 15 in you for sure.

Koa doesn’t seem like a bad idea. Just show up in your van to race ? Full hookups ar the koa is imagine. Stay away from the pit madness.

Not what a guy that’s planning/working on doing better than that wants to hear.
Not meant in a bad way at all. We all know that there are super fast guys at lorettas. A top 15 or better is a GREAT finish! I am saying, I see no reason why he will not be in that fast 15!! Trust me, it is a compliment!

Maybe Mike Brown is trying to qualify for a gate the following week for the national, seems like a plan.

Back