2019 Bike

TPMX #8

PR Addict
Im thinking about getting a leftover 2019 450
What seems to be a good bike?
I really like Suzukis and have pretty much always rode those but they just have been falling behind
plus e-start would be nice
I have a 250sx now but miss my 4 stroke
Thinking about looking into a good buy on a leftover
Don't want to spend a ton of money after the purchase to fix issues the model had
Vet rider and just a practice bike

TPMX #8

PR Addict
Thats really tempting
Been thinking an RM-Z450,been looking Kawasaki also and I've never had one
I had an 05 RMZ450 and loved that bike as much as my 04 rm250

TPMX #8

PR Addict
I watched all the shootouts but seems all they do is confuse the hell out of ya
One guy likes this
Another doesnt
One rated this one #1
Other rated a different model #1
Is the rmz450 as out of balance as much as they say?
My suzukis always handled sweet

Meister

PR Founding Father
If I was to pick something different than my Honda, it'd be a kx for sure. Everything about it has been appealing to me.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
The rmz's are great bikes - a bit fat and archaic - but still capable of shredding with the others unless you're a Tomac

TPMX #8

PR Addict
Thats kinda what i think also Sharc
Old slow fat guys like me cant use
Even close to what the bike can provide
Rmz or Kawi not sure yet
Really like the looks of the Kawasaki
But only had one
A 2001 kx250
Great harescramble bike
but didnt turn worth a s**t on a mx track
but was awesome in choppy stuff
Bought a new 98 Yz400f
Hated that bike Motor was ok
I traded it on a 2001 rm250
Another bike i didnt care for
Pipey and no power
Wish the rmz had estart
Going to decide this week

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
I watched all the shootouts but seems all they do is confuse the hell out of ya
One guy likes this
Another doesnt
One rated this one #1
Other rated a different model #1
Is the rmz450 as out of balance as much as they say?
My suzukis always handled sweet

I rode a suzuki and the only thing I really noticed is that it didn't rev up as quick as my yamaha does in 3rd gear. My yamaha picks back up into the mid really quickly coming out of a turn in third.

People complain about the RMZ shock but WORST case just buy the 250f KYB shock and bolt it on - problem solved. All of these modern bikes are sweet - don't overthink it. Just spend in your budget.

John250

PR Founding Father
The Suzuki is better bike than any of us are riders. Just my opinion, they have almost zero resale value. You can buy a new one so cheap, it really drops the resale, and not many people want a couple year old RMZ.

The e start is super nice, would hate to be without it now. And the other big plus on the Yamaha, is that the suspension is by far the best on the track. The Kawasaki looks like the muffler is off a mack truck on that thing.

Vet261

PR Addict
The '18/19/20 RMZ450 is a little goofy balance wise. It took me quite a while to get mine setup well. Suzuki has taken a beating online for the BFRC shock, but I've had no issues. Now you have factory racers (like AC) using the BFRC and nobody says anything.

The one thing with the RMZ450's is that they are bulletproof.

You will pay less for a Zook, but you also will expect to sell it for less too. If you don't mind kickstarting, they are fine. It's actually really easy to start, just not as easy as pushing a button.

John250

PR Founding Father
Like Kreps said...…….any 450 is a better bike than any of us are riders. almost becomes a financial decision or what color you like.

Vet261

PR Addict
I rode my RMZ back to back with Smith's 2020 Rockstar Husky 450 a couple weeks ago. Since he has Ohlins suspension, you are basically talking about a $15,000 bike.

Would I rather have his bike than my RMZ? Yes, but really just because of the magic button. All the fancy map buttons are cool and all, but in reality I would put the bike in "2" and leave it. Similar to my RMZ where I tried the different mapping couplers and then left it alone with the one I liked best (stock).

Is it honestly worth DOUBLE the price of my bike? Not really.