EScore still sucks

jrminiquad

PR Addict
I purchased our own transponder from MYLaps four years ago because I was tired of waiting in line for a half hour after the race to return the EScore rental transponder and get our deposit back.

Their rental prices are somewhat ridiculous, especially when they are at areas or regionals.

Enough racers in the OMA complained about it and they made a good move and did away with EScore and transponders.

With all of the Covid crap we let our subscription expire and it was cheaper to rent from EScore for $20 at the Chillitown race rather than renew the subscription.
Paid our $120 Cash for rental and deposit and all’s good to go.

First thing on Sunday morning they were making announcements at the track that EScore was having some technical difficulties . At the riders meeting it was announced to make sure you kept your number plates clean because there was going to be some good old fashioned hand scoring because EScore came up 200 transponders short. They didn’t anticipate that large of a turnout.

When I returned our transponder I asked for my full $120 back since 200 people didn’t have to pay theirs. They said that was not true, they were not 200 short. When I asked what the technical difficulties were, they said they ran out of transponders, but it wasn’t 200. They had also made an announcement halfway thru the first motos that some people left (crashed or decided to leave early) and had turned their transponders in, so if you didn’t have one, you could come rent those so you could get your lap times.

They went on to tell me of all the benefits I got for my $20, such as live timing and scoring (free anyways) and printed lap times. I’m not hard up for $20, but it’s the principal of the thing.

Yeah, EScore still sucks.

John250

PR Founding Father
I get pissed all the time. You pay for your own transponder so they won't allow you to print your laps or view unless you pay them $10. Its BS. If they are the service at a race, anyone should be able to get their laps whether you rent or own.

jj584

PR Addict
My kids wasn’t working off and on throughout the day. I have screen shots of his live scoring lap times being his best laps around 1:56. The print out said his best lap was a 2:05. Idk.

kawi330

PR Member
I didn't get my money back and mine didn't even work!!!!Scanned me 1st moto said i dns. 2nd moto didnt score me either. I returned it they basically said it was rented under a quad rider name. So no laptimes and still stole my $25. Crazy scam they have going

mblair

PR Founding Father
yup, they are a joke. they had mine registered to another person when i wenr to sign up and i had to go back and get it straightened out. the lady looked at me and ask if i was sure i was the right Mike Blair.... WTF lol

John250

PR Founding Father
yup, they are a joke. they had mine registered to another person when i wenr to sign up and i had to go back and get it straightened out. the lady looked at me and ask if i was sure i was the right Mike Blair.... WTF lol
Well you are getting old. Maybe she thought you had dementia? Or identifying as someone else?

jrminiquad

PR Addict
What if 10-12% of racers were not required to pay the gate fee or race fee at a race, but you were. Wouldn't you have a right to feel like you were ripped off?

When I brought that point up at the Escore trailer, the "older" lady copped an attitude and tried to turn the whole thing around on me, basically like I was an idiot (which often I am) for even asking for a refund of my money.

Hindsight is 20/20 and if I could have done it over, I would have just paid for a new year's subscription on our own transponder. Dealing with Escore would have made it more than worth it.

Hopefully any future RaceOhio events will just have them pay for a few more handscorers and do away with E score completely like the OMA has done.

John250

PR Founding Father
Its simple, if you want transponders (which personally I love) then charge those who need one a rental fee. Do NOT simply add the fee to entry fees because too many people already have them.
Agree. We have our own and subscription.