Battle of Ohio

John250

PR Founding Father
Remember when this series would get all kinds of hype on Pitracer? It got nothing really prior to this weekend .

It was a long day today, but Scott and Company did a great job. They just ran probably the biggest Amatuer race in Ohio history today. 1182 entries at Chilitown!

The open ProSport race was great. Wish it was a bit longer. Hand got the win with Broke Pappi, Fredrick Noren and Jeff Gibson in the top 4. 44 riders on the gate. It was great.

Never seen CTMX that packed in all the years.

663dad

PR Addict
No i was the referee for the event and no formal, or should i say legal protest was valid. Still to the day people approach me with thier cell phone or go pro videos trying to show me video of a possible offence, AMA rule states that a flagger or track official must witness the offence and then rider must file the complaint within the 30 minutes after their posted moto results. I am just letting parents know, who are not aware of these rules. I will not go into details of the class or classes.
Thanks

Last edited:

hershey

PR Elite
It was grand. Track changes were perfect, I thought it was actually fun to ride the track for the first time since I've ridden there.

Program went smooth

Lots of classes because they ran both buckeye series and oma classes.

Job well done. Can't wait to ride there again

motomatt19

PR Member
I think the turnouts are fantastic and I'm happy these promoters are making more $$$ but I'm not interested in coming to race two 3 lap motos over a 12hr period. Why do we need all day practice on Sat??? My thoughts... have 2 practices and 1 moto for everybody on Saturday. Sunday is 1 or 2 hot laps per class and 2 motos. I'm fine with 50 bucks per class, what's the difference 25 on sat for practice and 25 on sun to race. Same money for the promoters, same prep. It seems the clubs and promoters, equipment and water resources are exhausted by Sunday. Why do we need all this practice???

663dad

PR Addict
I think the turnouts are fantastic and I'm happy these promoters are making more $$$ but I'm not interested in coming to race two 3 lap motos over a 12hr period. Why do we need all day practice on Sat??? My thoughts... have 2 practices and 1 moto for everybody on Saturday. Sunday is 1 or 2 hot laps per class and 2 motos. I'm fine with 50 bucks per class, what's the difference 25 on sat for practice and 25 on sun to race. Same money for the promoters, same prep. It seems the clubs and promoters, equipment and water resources are exhausted by Sunday. Why do we need all this practice???
Three moto format for the triple crown is one or possibly two motos getting completed Saturday and the remaining motos Sunday. This will allow riders and their families can get home at a descent time Sunday.
The Halloween race is Saturday practice and racing Sunday. There will be 3-4 laps of practice on the race day for those who do not wish to get additional track time in on Saturday.

John250

PR Founding Father
I am not a fan of all races being two days for sure. Life is busy and we do other things on Saturdays, skip the practice days a lot and race on Sunday. Its ok once and a while, but not all the time for sure.

Vet261

PR Addict
I would love to do the triple crown 3 moto format race, however I would need some sort of guarantee it is actually using that format and not going to change last minute or even at the event (excluding any type of extreme weather situation). Too many times there have been grand announcements about things at East Fork (like running combined tracks) that never actually end up happening.

663dad

PR Addict
I would love to do the triple crown 3 moto format race, however I would need some sort of guarantee it is actually using that format and not going to change last minute or even at the event (excluding any type of extreme weather situation). Too many times there have been grand announcements about things at East Fork (like running combined tracks) that never actually end up happening.
The three moto format is happening, I know last year with the combine track at the last minute scott had to change from 1 big track to one due to the heat and equipment issues this will not be the case for the Midwest shootout

hershey

PR Elite
I will never understand why people complain about long days at the track for these events. Its 3 races a year, its a big ordeal with lots of full gates. 1182 riders requires last minute thinking to make it work before dark. We had a blast, no complaints here. Nobody thought that race would draw that crowd.