Most difficult track?

weaver658

PR Member
What’s the most difficult track you have ever rode/raced? I’d have to say for me Baja acres is the hardest track I’ve ever rode. Glen Helen was also pretty tuff, but I still think Baja is maybe one of the hardest tracks around.

hershey

PR Elite
Amherst 2019. Did 2 laps in 15 mins. Mudfest

Approx 1990 - 91 WRMC 2 hour harescramble. Same conditions. It turned into a slot car race.

Romanyak256

PR Addict
Baja acres without a doubt. Showed up for a regional, never rode sand, no sand tires... bad time

cocr 2014 season opener slop fest. 2’deep mud.

Attachments

• 8384EA61-315D-4D79-9209-31053BB95B35.jpeg
    8384EA61-315D-4D79-9209-31053BB95B35.jpeg
    366.1 KB · Views: 204

freeh

PR Founding Father
Baja was the most challenging track I ever rode under good conditions. Went up there for a practice night back in 2004 or 2005. Quite a bit different than anything I had ever ridden. Toughest event was a race at Scenic Highlands in 2000 or 2001. It had rained for several days before the event, then it got cold. Only race I ever participated in that it actually snowed. Cold on top of mud made conditions miserable. 10 or 11 signed up, and half finished the race, which was reduced to one moto due to conditions. I think my hands are still numb from that one!

DelBalso28

PR Addict
The latest Wildcat regional was the toughest race conditions I’ve had, yet the track itself on a good day is pretty fun and simple.

Baja is rough anytime, but a regional there turns it up a notch above anything I’ve ridden.

The Ironman regional a couple years ago was pretty rough and tough as well. I compare that race to the non-sand version of Baja.

Loretta’s is very difficult. I haven’t strung a single lap there without some kind of mistake. It’s rough and tough with zero breaks.

Vet261

PR Addict
I have to agree on Wildcat being the toughest mud race I've ever done. I've done a lot of mud races, but that track was nearly impassable it was so bad at some points.

Baja is gnarly. I love the lower section that is less sandy, hate the upper deep sand parts. The thing I really hate about Baja is that the slower you go, the worse it is. I'm always exhausted from there just because I can't coast like I'm used to!! haha The thing is though, for us Ohioans that grew up riding hard pack Baja is brutal. For those that grew up there riding sand they think it's easy, just pin it.

Glen Helen was tough -- I remember being there and looking at it in person and being unsure if I was actually going to make it up some of the hills. It was very intimidating. Pala national track was huge and intimidating as well, mostly due to the sheer size of the jumps.

DelBalso28

PR Addict
Glen Helen was tough -- I remember being there and looking at it in person and being unsure if I was actually going to make it up some of the hills. It was very intimidating. Pala national track was huge and intimidating as well, mostly due to the sheer size of the jumps.
Glen Helens big downhill is wicked for sure. My first time there on a loaner bike, the suspension would just pack in and be fully bottomed out by the time I got near the end of the braking bumps going down that thing. Every lap I wasn’t sure if I’d be able to slow down enough to make the turn.
Was a much better experience on my own bike earlier this year.

Pala’s national track is definitely serious. To string a lot of the jump sections together there requires some high speed and it’s intimidating.
I see a lot of locals complaining about how gnarly it is and they don’t even bother going there anymore since they got rid of the amateur track.

MX315

PR Addict
Nothing beat the summit indoors tracks when two strokes ruled the world !!!! Wasn’t the track ...it was the air !!!

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Axton Va. Bailey’s track... downhill right hand first turn. Impossible not to have a pileup. Then your greeted with huge square edge holes everywhere. 30 minutes plus two laps on a 500... worst arm pump of my life.
All 4 of my kids were born with blisters on their hands from that race.

Roachy

PR Addict
Axton Va. Bailey’s track... downhill right hand first turn. Impossible not to have a pileup. Then your greeted with huge square edge holes everywhere. 30 minutes plus two laps on a 500... worst arm pump of my life.
All 4 of my kids were born with blisters on their hands from that race.
Lake Sugar Tree

TB018

PR Member
The one with the jumps and big berms in the corners. Oh, and the whoops too.

They are all tough for me these days, I'm old and fat, so there's that. LOLo_O;):)

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Race Weekend? I actually like Lake sugar and Birch Creek. My daughter lives in Danville VA so I will ride there sometimes over the winter. I think I will be heading to a Trials Event in Axton that same weekend

It’s where the four wheelers are headed instead of LL. Would rather be at birch creek honestly