Favorite MX Boots?

LuckyStar64

PR Addict
Hey All! I'm wondering what your favorite MX boots are? You guys like the newer "tennis shoe" soled style? Or classic style? I like the Alpinestars Tech 8's myself. I have a feeling the older riders will opt for classic, and the young cats will opt for either video games or the tennis shoe style? --L*64

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
I wear Gaerne SG 12's.

I lose some feeling of the pegs but the soles never wear out. I have 3 pair now so I think I'm set for life.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Fox wear out to quick.
661 weren’t rigid enough in the toe box
Sidis Side armor sheared off after one ride. Probably a fluke but company didn’t warranty or attempt to make it right.
Never tried SGs but would be open to that.

I Always assumed the tech10s were too ridgid Based on early reviews when they first came out. But recently got talked into them by Delbalso and surprisingly they’re my favorite boots. The previous gen tech 10s tho. Apparently they Made a sole change on the new ones that I don’t care for after seeing buddies.

Then again I always wait until these $600 boots get blown out somewhere for $350ish and then I bite. But for now my tech 10s are holding up awesome and i love the protection.

motomatt19

PR Member
tech 7 is a great boot for the money, zero break-in however if you ride a lot they breakdown rather quickly. I hate paying big bucks for gear but helmet and boots to me are most important. I'm sold on tech 10's and the m10 carbon helmet.

tank166

PR Addict
I used to wear tech 10 and they were good but they only last me about 1.5 seasons. Got a used pair of sidi crossfire to try before dropping big money on them. $30 for a new pair of soles and 1.5 years later I am sold on sidi. Plus the tech 10 feel like concrete blocks after wearing the light weight sidi.

I thought the tennis shoe soles wear more for off road not motocross?

ktrop251

PR Member
I have 2 pairs of SG12 and they are awesome. I wore SG10 and they were great but I tried these this year and they are awesome. I haven't tried any of the astars but I heard a lot of guys switched over to the tennis shoe style because they don't scratch up their side covers. Ive never noticed that kind of issue with my steel capped toes. Highly recommend the SG12s.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I still have my old tech eights from 2004 and they’re still really good I mean I’ve got hundreds of hours in those boots those things just held up really well I mean I don’t wear them now but I could wear them if I was in a pinch and still have good protection

Ron505

PR Founding Father
I loved my Sidi Crossfire's, but I started losing pieces of them. No complaints about my SG10's.

LuckyStar64

PR Addict
tech 7 is a great boot for the money, zero break-in however if you ride a lot they breakdown rather quickly. I hate paying big bucks for gear but helmet and boots to me are most important. I'm sold on tech 10's and the m10 carbon helmet.
I'm going to check out those Tech 10's. Lotta guys seem to like them. --L*64

LuckyStar64

PR Addict
I used to wear tech 10 and they were good but they only last me about 1.5 seasons. Got a used pair of sidi crossfire to try before dropping big money on them. $30 for a new pair of soles and 1.5 years later I am sold on sidi. Plus the tech 10 feel like concrete blocks after wearing the light weight sidi.

I thought the tennis shoe soles wear more for off road not motocross?
I dunno, I've never tried them. I'm old school. --L*64

ddmx488

PR Addict
This could turn into a Chevy vs Ford conversation, but gaerne are the best boots I've ever had. Had SG 10's and 12's. Expensive, but I don't think a better boot is made.

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
tech 10s didnt seem to fit my wider feet.. 7's do though. coming from sg 10 to the tech 7.. the tech 7 is way more comfy. I don't see the sole holding up as well i can already see some wear after not much time on them. I feel like the amount of protection is good. I didnt want to cheap out by not getting the 10s, if the 10s fit I'd be wearing them, but I feel like the 7s are good and definitely budget friendly. still wish i could wear the 10s though.

Ron505

PR Founding Father
My SG 10's are pretty narrow. That is the only thing that I give them a little bit of negative feedback on.

BWP

PR Member
Right now of newer boot, I like my Alpinestars Tech 7. Very comfy, good protection, lite, good feel at the lever & pegs, very quick break in. A very good boot for the price. My 661s, the ones that were made in Romania or Croatia (can't remember which), not the later ones made in China. Bought them in 2000, were my main boot , and finally they gave up the ghost last year. They were like SG10s without the ankle pivot, super comfy, good lever & peg feel, lite, super easy aluminum buckles, just about the perfect boot ever.

mooch

PR Elite
Everyone has favs for a particular brand so no one boot will fit all :). I have narrow feet that get along well with Sidi Crossfires and I've had no issues with them staying together the last 5 years! Recently scored a pair of new Sidi Atojos for a mere $375 from a shop in Germany, ordered them on a Saturday and received them on Wednesday and yes they made it here that quick via Fedex all the way from Germany. I like these even better than the crossfires due to noticeably more ankle support...lighter weight too.

BWP

PR Member
Mooch, whats the name of the shop in Germany ? Wanna see if they sell Airoh helmets. Thanks !

BP