Rocket Robin

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I Hate nurse from hells. There’s a ton of them. They’ve never experienced pain their life. And they’re bogged down by the amount of drug seekers that Come Into hospitals so they label everyone as drug seeking. They need punched in the mouth.

When you get one know it all Alpha nurse bitch it’ll make life hell. Being a patient sucks and working with them sucks just as bad. Sorry you went through that.

Nobody takes the time to ask about history or read about history and it really makes the caregiver look and treat like a total asshat. Part of nursing is talking to your patient and getting to know them and their history. They’re all attached to Wonky computer systems and continually cut into the “get to know you” part of nursing and this is what happens.... nurse from hells are groomed and born. And the good ones leave the profession.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Georgie,

My nurse from hell never even talked to me about anything and was assigned to me as I was on her floor for the day. She took the time to see that I had narcotics in my bloodstream at the time of check in a day before I had her, and that was it, I was a drug seeker just there for pain meds. Of course, being life flighted into that hospital from a motocross race might have said otherwise....... but she already knew why I was there. My knee surgery was 3.5 weeks before the accident. Anyway, I got transferred eventually to the Cleveland Clinic and got to a fantastic doctor here at home that really got me fixed up. Having a good relationship with your nurses is key to having a good stay, even though none of us want to be there.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
The system is breeding those type of nurses now. It isn’t talked about. Brushed under the rug. Therefore the pedigree will continue.

Ron505

PR Founding Father
Glad to hear you're in a better place now Rocket! That's some f'd up stuff you went through early on though.

After our last visit to the ER, we had several people telling us that we needed to file charges, or at least a grievance for the nurses treatment.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
File the grievance against the nurse managers and the nurse operation managers, and the disconnected chief nursing officers who get into a position and sit on their lard ass and don’t give two shits about anyone but themselves and they’re $80,000+ a year salary. The nurse managers don’t try to help out from the bottom down. It’s all top down. They don’t listen to the grunts. They tell the grunts what to do and they don’t care how feasible it is or isn’t. Then if the grunts mess up, leadership won’t back them up and look at their process for why it happened. They just point the finger. Top-down totalitarian leadership Doesn’t work in any organization.

Hijack over.

Hope your follow-ups go well and you’re back at it soon enough rocket.

John250

PR Founding Father
File the grievance against the nurse managers and the nurse operation managers, and the disconnected chief nursing officers who get into a position and sit on their lard ass and don’t give two shits about anyone but themselves and they’re $80,000+ a year salary. The nurse managers don’t try to help out from the bottom down. It’s all top down. They don’t listen to the grunts. They tell the grunts what to do and they don’t care how feasible it is or isn’t. Then if the grunts mess up, leadership won’t back them up and look at their process for why it happened. They just point the finger. Top-down totalitarian leadership Doesn’t work in any organization.

Hijack over.

Hope your follow-ups go well and you’re back at it soon enough rocket.
Georgie hasn't been a nurse that long really. I think working around all those lady nurses and their PMS is wearing on him.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Well, we used the doctor's screw up there on the bad diagnosis of my injury and the doctor's actions here to back us up with the surgery and his results to get the Nashville Hospital system to charge us $0 now for my time there for fear of a malpractice suit, which they clearly would have lost. The nurse from hell was just something that I got to experience and she won't get any backlash or reprimand for treating me like a drug seeking patient when I was not and clearly had a major injury that needed proper treatment and care. Interestingly enough, even with today's medical advances, open book pelvic fractures carry a very high 30-40% mortality rate for the injury, so I was very lucky that I was able to last 5 days in Nashville without any treatment before getting flown up to Cleveland to get it done. I had no idea that I was dealing with something so dangerous and am probably lucky that I found that out after the fact.

John250

PR Founding Father
I was just reading on Vital MX. Sounds like John Dowd got in a fight with some trees on his motorcycle in Italy. His injuries sound just like Rockets. Not a real common injury so reading about it, it was a little odd to hear about two vets with the same injury.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
That’s a bummer for Dowd, but he is a tough old bird as well and will be fine in 4-5 months. He can work on his wheelchair wheelies for a while!