Who is going to the Brawl?

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
Anyone heading up to Baja Labor day weekend? Just got my boy signed up. for 65jr Limited and Mod. Will be his first race not doing a 50 class in I think 5 years, kinda strange. Planning on leaving Thursday when I get off work at 3. If our local school district pushes back their start date, Grandpa is going to head up early and stop by Lake Erie or Lake Huron and do some charter boat fishing.

Never been there heard it is deep sand. just looking for a good time not great finishes.

Anyone heading up to Baja Labor day weekend? Just got my boy signed up. for 65jr Limited and Mod. Will be his first race not doing a 50 class in I think 5 years, kinda strange. Planning on leaving Thursday when I get off work at 3. If our local school district pushes back their start date, Grandpa is going to head up early and stop by Lake Erie or Lake Huron and do some charter boat fishing.

Never been there heard it is deep sand. just looking for a good time not great finishes.
REEEEEDDDDDDD BUUUUUDDDDDD

Wow, Red Bud is having an amateur race the same weekend of the baja brawl? That will hurt the turn out. I am NOT a baja fan. The thing I suggest the most is find someone that knows how to properly set up your bike for baja. I cant imagine small bikes on the track the same weekend as big bikes.

Actually I think Baja will hurt redbud. That’s gonna get the am nat chasers.

actually I doubt anyone will be hurting. Bet they both pull 4digit numbers in riders.

FYI, Red Bud's Nat'l Wknd Amateur days on Sat and Sun says on website that they are gonna be 1-moto format??

Baja is a good time. It gets deep and rough for sure. Get a MX11 or whatever the new sand tire is and hang on. Lol
We are going training with driven mx sat at a private sand track to get some seat time, I need to see if Minton has a sand tire to throw on the practice bike Friday.

FYI, Red Bud's Nat'l Wknd Amateur days on Sat and Sun says on website that they are gonna be 1-moto format??

And gate fees are $70-$150, plus camping fees. They don’t do that for normal racing. Oh and you’re limited to 8 “crew members” per campsite(not spectators for the national of course).

I’ll stick with Vet fest and the Brawl

Anymore, with red buds layout, I'd rather ride baja anyway. Last year it worked me over because I was so out of shape, but in 16 I felt good and was happy with 10th at a regional. If I wouldn't have been battling 4cs suspension and had my Honda, I think I coulda made it.

Early 2000s, red bud all day and night. Rough, but not Baja rough. I hate the infield section these days for am races. Basically from the lame ski jump to the bowl turn is boring. Ski jump used to be much bigger. I miss the old double, triple, then the 180 right then into the double then step up.

Sand tire vs intermediate is tricky too.. the top sections the sand tire probably works better, but sucks on the lower sections near the pits.. I think if I go race there again I'm gonna try a fresh intermediate.

Doing Red Bud. The track is top notch especially on National weekend, they add a lot.of sand. plus you get 2 nationals this time! Originally the prices were the same as a normal national weekend when they posted but they took it down.

Plus Austin really likes riding there.

Back