New D.I.D. chain/sprocket issue

Holmboyz

PR Addict
Just purchased a new set of sprockets and a DID 520 ERT3 chain for my yz450. I installed the set and adjusted the chain to recommended slack. When spinning the wheel I noticed the tension on the chain would shift between normal to extremely tight. When I watched the chain on the rear sprocket it would climb off the teeth on a small section and then go back into the grooves near the top. When I ordered the parts from Rocky Mountain ATVMC they said the chain i usually get (Renthal 520 R-1) was out of stock so I did asked them if the ERT3 would work and they said yes. I took this DID off and put on the previous chain and the fit was perfect. Any ideas what's going on? I thought a 520 was a 520 and all I needed to do was adjust the number of links? BTW: The sprockets are the same I've used in the past.

Brand new sprockets and previous chain fits perfectly. I did some measurements and the new chain's gap is .5mm smaller where the teeth go in and 1mm shorter from link pin to pin. I'm assuming that could be wear stretch but something's off. No idea what's going on.

Back