Is BC Battle On?

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Pretty sure I would been in someone’s ear on that. If the rule book says 125 - open then... well... thems the rules

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
So write the OMA this winter, state your case, see if they’ll update the rule to include 500cc for 2 stroke.

They’re real receptive. When they wrote the rule for the 125 class I called and discussed at length for them to make the class 100cc-150cc which would help To fill Gates. Would give fast super mini riders another class and include all small bore 125s pretty much.

I’m sure they’ll listen and I bet they even adjust the rule For 2021, because it’s reasonable. Bitchin here won’t help.

Maybe what’s better is people don’t read the damn rule book until they get beat, otherwise I’d imagine we would see more superminis in that 125 class as a second class. But, I bet they see “125cc 2-stroke” and never bother to read the rules....im hopin Fauser shows up for one of these in the future and waxes everyone on a supermini. Then you’ll see the protests come out—-oh wait...s**t the rules say it’s cool....

Last edited:

tank166

PR Addict
The rule book says it's ok but if you look at classes it says 250cc. I only know because I worked on my 500 project over winter to see I'm illegal.
Screenshot_20200831-084101_Chrome.jpg

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
The DQ came from the fact that you cut the track in the first moto, were docked two positions, and then did it again in moto 2. I saw the helmet cam of the second one, it was pretty clear what happened. As to whether Adam used the 500cc thing to provide a basis for the DQ, I don't know. What I do know is I heard the 729 cut the track by 3 different flaggers on Sunday. When i install cameras, I will put "729 camera" on all of them.

Great event Jeremy. Smoothest/quickest ran event I have been to in a long time. I think the gate dropped around 3 o'clock on the very last moto of the day and if I am not mistaken that was actually the 2nd 2nd moto of that class lol. I don't know the whole story on that though.

MX_Implements

PR Addict
The DQ came from the fact that you cut the track in the first moto, were docked two positions, and then did it again in moto 2. I saw the helmet cam of the second one, it was pretty clear what happened. As to whether Adam used the 500cc thing to provide a basis for the DQ, I don't know. What I do know is I heard the 729 cut the track by 3 different flaggers on Sunday. When i install cameras, I will put "729 camera" on all of them.
HAHAHA..
Rules for track cutting:
1. Don't get caught
2. Don't brag about results if you were cutting the track, no matter what.
3. See number 1.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Great event Jeremy. Smoothest/quickest ran event I have been to in a long time. I think the gate dropped around 3 o'clock on the very last moto of the day and if I am not mistaken that was actually the 2nd 2nd moto of that class lol. I don't know the whole story on that though.

Thanks. Very happy with the track conditions, they were really good in my opinion. The day flowed well. We had some technical snafu's in running the race. Like you mentioned we had to rerun 250c because a medic grabbed a red flag and starting waving it. Next time we paint a red circle on the ground, and they stay in the circle. We gave one class an extra lap. We had several instances where riders ignored the checkered flag, the red flag and did not want to exit the track after the race was completed. One thing I was pretty pumped on was how parents kept their kids reigned in on pit riding. I didn't need to do very much in regards to this. A few stern warnings. Lots of kids on bicycles building their own dirt jumps. It was pretty cool. Thanks for stopping out to race.

John250

PR Founding Father
JO. Does not mess around with getting the races going. Short quick practice and right to racing. That gate is dropping before all the riders are off the track to keep it moving. I live almost 2 hours away and still get home earlier than before most tracks are done racing. There were like 17 motos and most tracks have about 23 or 24 it seems.

hershey

PR Elite

Ouch....that one burned

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Battle for Ohio wrap up, I think I'm finally starting to feel normal again. I think that considering the weather forecast, we had a very good turnout. As a promoter you always hope for more, but are thankful for what you get. I was definitely bummed that we had to cancel practice on Saturday, but it turned out to be a wise decision with how the track turned out for Saturday motos, and then on Sunday as well. Who would have guessed that we would be watering Saturday, and seen dust? That's how fast things can turn on you in the motocross world. Just like that. Saturday ATV/PW racing went well. We clicked them off, done by 7 or 7:30, I cant remember. We had a very nice fireworks display Saturday night. The track Sunday was probably a top 5 gnarliest results I've ever seen develop at Briarcliff. Huge deep ruts, breaking bumps, breaking bumps in ruts. lines in places that aren't normal. This was coming off an atv race track that wasn't muddy or wet, and was fairly smooth. So between Saturday night prep and all the animals that raced Sunday, a mans track emerged.It was EPIC. It took me three times as long to grade out. A special thanks to Cara Osborn and Reese Osborn for handling the gate under hurricane like conditions Friday. We were all soaked. Huge thanks to Luke, Johnny, Ron, Dave, Bwood, Matt and anyone else who helped with the deck that we decided to rebuild in three days, plus the window install at sign up! It was a week. I'm sorry i cant name everyone, but if you stepped on the property last week and did anything, you I know I'm thankful for your help. Huge thanks to my friends, family, crews, sponsors, vendors, and the racers. Next to the ATV National, that might be the most spectators I've ever seen here. Huge spectator turnout. Thanks everyone!