Delta raceway new owners

tank166

PR Addict
Delta raceway has new owners and looks like they are planning big things for 2021. Pulled this screenshot from Facebook.
Screenshot_20201111-213704_Facebook.jpg

Rumor is they will be AMA

Old Delta was meh. New owners sure got a lot of ambition, hope it turns out great for them.

My first ever race holeshot was at Delta.

Was on the gate and my goggles started fogging up. I didn't have enough time to shake them out as I could just make out them turning the card. I squinted through a little spot at the gate, figured when I started going they would unfog. Gate dropped and I went....my goggles unfogged and I realized I was in the lead! My buddy D Dolesh passed me and won the moto, I got 2nd.

I've always wanted to do one of their "ironman" races with the extended sand track section but just have never made it.

I saw that MXExpress was running races there this year, are they taking it over or someone else?

I've been by the place a bunch of times, but have never rode there. Didn't they used to have lights and night races?

Delta had nationals way back, decoster even raced there. In the 90's they startes to run night races. I know they had a glass city and a buckeye series.
I use to love the Ironman races, 1 hour on a gp style track. I went to the last race this year which was ran by mx express. It was a day race so they used some of the back sand sections. Was a good time but they only had a contract for this year. So completely new owner, looks like he is starting off right.

The man that bought it is also a SVR member and Yes He is VERY enthusiastic about the sport ! One of His team that He put together, will be posting more soon, I would think !

Back