PR Founding Father
mobius-x8-wrist-brace-543c.jpg

yay or nay ?
I see plenty of them at the track.
Any other options ?
Do they help with stability ? - Really?

Toddco327

PR Addict
I’ve got a bowling wrist brace if you want it. Slightly used. Vet owned. Velcro changed after every tournament. Only used the best rosin for maximum grip.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
OH Boy- I tried the goofy one with the slicks ----
It was a demo day and after two failed attempts - they ended up taking the demo back and wouldn't let me try anymore . - Doh!!!

I had the 300 TX - great (if not the best) all around bike.
Was too soft stock for pure moto.

I'm thinking 250F this time around.

jrminiquad

PR Addict
My son uses them. He got one for his left wrist after breaking it a few years back. He decided to get a second for his right wrist (no previous injury to that one) a couple of years ago. He crashed at a race in July and broke that wrist while wearing the brace.

For what it's worth, he says they are comfortable. He also wears them if he goes to Ray's MTB. Easy to get on and off, but you will need to replace the foam insert from time to time as it gets worn/torn.

Toddco327

PR Addict
I got to imagine they do help. I’ve broke my left wrist 2 times and have had surgery 3 times. My mobility is limited on the wrist. It only bends about 40% if I curl it and in the push up position it’s about 80%. I’ve never noticed a difference riding even with the mobility. The part that does effect me the most is the grip strength. That took time to get back but is not an issue anymore.

So for what it’s worth I don’t see a use for one based off my situation but if you have a wrist that isn’t 100% stable I would get it. Otherwise if it’s grip related it might be time to switch hands for any extra activities you might do with your strong hand.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
h980-0001.png

The 1689 OG -
Some say 1620
Thank goodness it's morphed with the times a bit

In the late 60's early 70's my mom had a husqvarna sewing machine

Last edited:

DelBalso28

PR Addict
I got one for my wrist injury this year. I’ve tried every cheap option and they just don’t cut it the same. It’s legit and it allowed me to get back on the bike and race comfortably earlier this year.

It offers noticeable support without much limitation at all, no arm pump issues from tightening, and it’s saved my wrist on some bmx falls as well which is how the injury happened in the first place.

I don’t plan to wear this thing as a safety measure, although I’m sure you could. My purpose was for support while my wrist heals and I’m slowly working my way off of it so I’m not dependent on it in the future.

Last edited:

DelBalso28

PR Addict
I’ll add that while it does a great job at overall stability, it didn’t quite hit the side to side stability I needed at first, so I was wearing a wrist cuff under the mobius for the first couple weeks back on the bike.

Mind you, I should NOT have been riding at all during this time, but my nurse George Baker III really wanted to race the Pleasure valley regional so he said I was good to go.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
I’ll add that while it does a great job at overall stability, it didn’t quite hit the side to side stability I needed at first, so I was wearing a wrist cuff under the mobius for the first couple weeks back on the bike.

Mind you, I should NOT have been riding at all during this time, but my nurse George Baker III really wanted to race the Pleasure valley regional so he said I was good to go.
Never trust a baker :p

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Brilliant - !!
A huge thanks to the goon that's behind the camera / this idea
Absolutely Brilliant ....

I can't get enough -!!!
....and damn you johnny ....lol

Last edited: