Regionals

motomatt19

PR Member
Heard Tim Cotter on pulp show say they are gonna try to maintain the 3 regional format that was used this year within a region.... wondering what the heck he's talking about?

John250

PR Founding Father
Heard Tim Cotter on pulp show say they are gonna try to maintain the 3 regional format that was used this year within a region.... wondering what the heck he's talking about?
Means no qualifers. Charge you more for the regional to make up their lost money, and they are holding the super regionals like they did this year like Marc mentioned.

Did he mention Daytona?

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
winterset iowa.jpg

I would rather have Super Regionals
-Winterset Iowa-

John250

PR Founding Father
They are not the evil empire, but lets be honest. They do nothing that does not create profit! And all of that have been around forever, could start a list of the things that are profit centers for them, that continue to increase or are added.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I’m not against profit.

The super regionals were the s**t. Except wildcat. PVR was actually great racing. Even if you didn’t make it you still got your money’s worth !! Wasn’t no 3 lap 3rd moto sprint chasing darkness.

given how competitive the vet classes are these days I might never make it back to the ranch, but I know for sure I can get my competitive fix at the regional.

motomatt19

PR Member
Means no qualifers. Charge you more for the regional to make up their lost money, and they are holding the super regionals like they did this year like Marc mentioned.

Did he mention Daytona?

Yeah there's no way they are gonna do away with area qualifiers... that makes them more and definitely helps support the local scene. I guess I didn't realize it was little bikes, youth and then amateur/vet.
He said Daytona has some challenges but felt good about it.

MX315

PR Addict
Making money is the name of game folks ....Every track around wants that AQ and regional ....not because they want to put it on for free ....hahaha

Vet261

PR Addict
There is a difference between "super" regional format and "three" regional format.

I'm not "podcast guy" but I went and found the clip and listened to TC; he said they are going to the three regional format. So that is cool. But yes I'd expect to see AQ's as well.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
There has never been a question that Rita loves Benjamin!!!

Ok no Super - but still the three regional format!!!

Stoked

Vet261

PR Addict

663dad

PR Addict

Time - 55:47 he clearly states in 2021 they are staying with the three regional format in order to give more track time.

Time - 55:47 he clearly states in 2021 they are staying with the three regional format in order to give more track time.
Correct there is a vet regional but I think everything else will stay as planned before Covid, 20 min motos.