Trailer Setup

Vet261

PR Addict
My new trailer is arriving mid-January. Post some pics please of how you tie your bikes, down, etc. Looking for new options.

I know a few people that just put E-track on the floor and use chains/carabiners to the footpegs. Let me know any thoughts, thanks!

Yes, I know there is a thread on Vital, but...I want local experiences not some dude down under using some walkabout contraptions.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
00174_1.jpg

I think this newest iteration of theses make my world go around
Can't wait to see the new trailer ..

jj584

PR Addict
Tell us more - I was thinking of going this route
The old black ones are a one piece design and mount to the plate with wing nuts. You also have a threaded knurl knob to engage and disengage the locking arms, I never had a problem with the old ones holding a bike down. They were very sturdy and secure, the only down fall was that they would chew up foot pegs because it was metal on metal ( I would use a towel on the pegs) they are also more difficult to release both the bike and the mount from the plate. Also mounting them in your trailer per the instructions requires you to through hole bolt them and crawl under your trailer. The new pro design mounts the plates to the trailer floor with six wood screws in counter sunk holes, the arm is mounted to the plate by sliding it in from the side on an interlocking track than secured with a knurl knob that applies upward pressure on the track keeping it from sliding side to side. The arms will not come off without sliding them off the sides. Once the bike is position the locks on arms work easier with the flick of a lever and the arms have plastics on them to save your foot pegs, however there is a lot of flex and movement. I just installed these last Wednesday and headed to NC. I had a ktm 125 fall over in the trailer and the arms were still in place, I believe I they did not have enough enough tension on the pegs. I remounted with more tension and moved the arms in towards the bike more and it was way more secure and no issues. The problem with this was when I moved the arms inward to get a more secure bite I had to loosen the arm knurl and slide it out to remove the bike. The pipe would not clear the arm. On another leg I kept the arms out more flush with end of the plate, I made it 8 hours with out issue but the knurl knobs had worked themselves loose, I was able to slide the arms out without touching the knobs. Other than the hassles of everything on the older ones being a threaded removal I never lost a bike out of them and also never used the pin.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
My favorite tie-down straps
View attachment 71481
Those a great. I like matrix concepts ones too. My only Gripe with straps is when you’re trying to fit multiple bikes in tight areas. Just turns into an entanglement mess and heavily limits storage capacity efficiency.

bstranahan

PR Member
I have the new Risk racing lock n load pro setup in my trailer now. I did have a bike fall over similar to what was said above, pretty sure I just didn’t have it close enough to the frame and it bent the arm on the lock n load. Risk replaced it and I had a good customer service experience from them.

I used to use the Pit-Bull trailer restraints on my Road-racing bikes and that system is simply awesome. It is not held down with any compression on the suspension and totally secure. But you have to buy parts specific to the bike, where the lock n load will pretty much work on any dirt bike.

MX099

PR Addict
My new trailer is arriving mid-January. Post some pics please of how you tie your bikes, down, etc. Looking for new options.

I know a few people that just put E-track on the floor and use chains/carabiners to the footpegs. Let me know any thoughts, thanks!

Yes, I know there is a thread on Vital, but...I want local experiences not some dude down under using some walkabout contraptions.
I think if I would set up a no tie down system I would use the steel stands from Harbor Freight, L-Track from uscargocontrol.com and hooks on my foot pegs
It’s a very reliable setup

tj131

PR Member
This is my home made set up. Two pins releases the system from the feet to open it up for bigger cargo if needed. Or I can remove cabinets and put three bikes on opposite side.

Attachments

• AFCBEB01-447D-43DA-A762-323788024C3C.jpeg
    AFCBEB01-447D-43DA-A762-323788024C3C.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 224
  • F4C62B99-EE24-4DFD-BE4D-852257688689.jpeg
    F4C62B99-EE24-4DFD-BE4D-852257688689.jpeg
    96.3 KB · Views: 214
  • 29C53B7D-3F0B-4367-9E12-FB5EFD9549A8.jpeg
    29C53B7D-3F0B-4367-9E12-FB5EFD9549A8.jpeg
    159 KB · Views: 219