Lectron Carb

Mark414

PR Member
Had a bog in my KTM 125 sx that could not get rid of tried everything, put on the new Lectron carb made a 1/2 turn adjustment on metering rod and she is a super crisp rocket now. Anyone that has a 2 stroke this is alot of money well spent.

Attachments

• 20201214_113714.jpg
    20201214_113714.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 158
Reactions: k01

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
I had one on a current Husky TX 300. (the bog & the carb too)
It mellowed it out a bit but cleaned up the entire thing nicely.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I love my 144, jetting is a bit finnicky sometimes but easy to fix quick with a tacklebox of jets. Bike runs the best on the tip top. Sometimes I’ll get some sputter at the low end out of corners. Only thing that fixes that is momentum and corner speed. But I’d like to get her crispy all the way through everyday. Not just most days.

k01

PR Elite
I love my 144, jetting is a bit finnicky sometimes but easy to fix quick with a tacklebox of jets. Bike runs the best on the tip top. Sometimes I’ll get some sputter at the low end out of corners. Only thing that fixes that is momentum and corner speed. But I’d like to get her crispy all the way through everyday. Not just most days.
Saw this. Looked interesting...

Mark414

PR Member
That is really not a bad price for that kit. Was wanting the rad valve but everything I read there were bigger Gaines with the VForce. If you want bottom end do the Sx insert if you are a rever do the mx dome.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
So I have been looking at these. Did see where some say it takes away a good chunk on the top end. I can’t find any info on how they work with throttle position sensors??? What do you do with the plug?
maybe I will just stay with stock.

Romanyak256

PR Addict
Had a bog in my KTM 125 sx that could not get rid of tried everything, put on the new Lectron carb made a 1/2 turn adjustment on metering rod and she is a super crisp rocket now. Anyone that has a 2 stroke this is alot of money well spent.
Next purchase for my 500af. Can’t go wrong with the lectron at all. Set it once and basically never touch it again. My buddy has one on his yz144 and she rips and there’s no big whatsoever.

jstory

PR Addict
Had one on my sons 2020 250 SX. Ran strong, no hiccups anywhere. We didn't notice any loss anywhere. It just seemed to clean it up all he way through the powerband. Loved it.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
So I have been looking at these. Did see where some say it takes away a good chunk on the top end. I can’t find any info on how they work with throttle position sensors??? What do you do with the plug?
maybe I will just stay with stock.
That KX can be made into a ripper just by making it a super stock.
Stock carb was fine, maybe a reed cage if you want. Clean up the ports, balance the crank, check the compression and maybe go for a head mod. Fresh pipe with clean silencer - and hang on.

k01

PR Elite
That jet block kit is the place to start. The gasket that's stock in the carb isn't reinforced and at some point will leak. I've messed with my 125 carb so long. Even when it works well temp and humidity do affect it. Just a week ago I road until dark and the the rapid temp drop caused a bog.
GOPR0346[1].JPG

I'm now thinking that an easy adjust air screw will take care of that. Should have some warmer days coming up to experiment with that theory. Lol

ck1racerx

PR Addict
That KX can be made into a ripper just by making it a super stock.
Stock carb was fine, maybe a reed cage if you want. Clean up the ports, balance the crank, check the compression and maybe go for a head mod. Fresh pipe with clean silencer - and hang on.
Thanks Sharc. That’s what I have planned. Since I work for a company that does DLC coating, I’m going to do all the tranny gears and pretty much everything where coefficient of friction can be reduced. After riding a new 450 I just can’t get over how easy they shift. If I can get this old smoker to shift anywhere near that would be killer.
Stock carb it is. Rebuild it after blasting to make it look pretty

Reactions: k01