Lectron Carb

Scoob

PR Founding Father
How long until these manufacturers just fuel inject all 2 strokes ? I’m waiting.
So is the 2021 Husky TX300 not true fuel injection? Everything I had read says fuel injection, but is it similar to early TPI injection systems as were on late 80's/early 90's autos?

I was looking at trying something like this on the KX300. I tell you what though, the V Force reed cage made a world of difference. Hoping to get Parma Dave to rebuild the crank this winter and let 'er rip this next spring...

k01

PR Elite
2020-12-23 18.14.24.jpg

Rode this until dark today. The TMX is working well and I was able cure a temperature change bog with the air screw so I have convinced myself that the 125 needs one of these.

fluidpower

PR Member
The JD jet kit is the cure to those carb issues on the KTM. I have helped solve several of those problems for guys at the track. I bought 2, JD sent me 4 by mistake, (he told me to keep them!) and I have passed them out. There is a lot of threads on vital on jetting these KTM 125's. I love carbs and working with jetting. This issue drove me insane until I stumbled across a video on youtube by tokyo offroad that referenced a thread on KTMTALK and that little gasket. It gets deformed and cannot be jetted around unless it is replaced. I went the Lectron route BEFORE finding the video and the KTM talk thread. Fixed the carb and made a bunch of other changes, (different notched slide, different needle, vforce reed block) The bike runs amazing. I have a lectron for sale if anybody wants it. I am going to take crap for this, but if you think the bike runs better with a lectron, it wasn't jetted correctly in the first place. Lectrons are great for riding with significant altitude changes, or huge temperature swings but will not deliver performance that a properly jetted carb will. It's just the principle on how they work.

Last edited:

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Solid post right there /\
I was pulling my hair out on the TX 300.
It ran like crap sporadically... Almost to the point of not trusting the bike.

k01

PR Elite
2020-12-30 16.18.10.jpg

This YZ 125 manual CAUTION is too funny considering that the part likely contains a performance killing defective gasket. My JD kit gasket came with a tiny metal nib on the perimeter that didn't let it seat completely. I also had a problem with the choke not closing completely and finally the fuel needle seat o-ring gasket began to split.

fluidpower

PR Member
View attachment 71573

This YZ 125 manual CAUTION is too funny considering that the part likely contains a performance killing defective gasket. My JD kit gasket came with a tiny metal nib on the perimeter that didn't let it seat completely. I also had a problem with the choke not closing completely and finally the fuel needle seat o-ring gasket began to split.
That's hilarious.

Here is the video I reference in my earlier post.

Reactions: k01

Mark414

PR Member
Fluidpower you better watch it it one of the Vitards will get you for plajorism using their it was not jetted right in the first place. Lol. Anyway, mine runs awesome with the Lectron , I read up for a month good and bad and I am more than happy with it, I am not racing A class and it runs pretty damn good, good enough for me, and II Am not going to go to a track spend all day changing jets getting pissed taking the carb off 10 times to get it jetted , Call me lazy but I have better s**t to do with my time, besides with the VForce in it I have to pull the subframe just to get the carb back in.
Sorry but the Mikuni is a POS CARB. They had no issues with the Kehin. before. You can set in your garage and jet it on a stand but it is not the same as under a load riding. I changed the gasket re jetted and no help still had bog off bottom, JD kit is nothing more than a pile of jets

Last edited:
Reactions: k01

fluidpower

PR Member
Fluidpower you better watch it it one of the Vitards will get you for plajorism using their it was not jetted right in the first place. Lol. Anyway, mine runs awesome with the Lectron , I read up for a month good and bad and I am more than happy with it, I am not racing A class and it runs pretty damn good, good enough for me, and II Am not going to go to a track spend all day changing jets getting pissed taking the carb off 10 times to get it jetted , Call me lazy but I have better s**t to do with my time, besides with the VForce in it I have to pull the subframe just to get the carb back in.
Sorry but the Mikuni is a POS CARB. They had no issues with the Kehin. before. You can set in your garage and jet it on a stand but it is not the same as under a load riding. I changed the gasket re jetted and no help still had bog off bottom, JD kit is nothing more than a pile of jets
LOL. I have different user name on vital. I posted the same thing on there. I agree that the Mikuni is a crappier carb than the Kehin and I also understand the jet it and forget it mentality. I happen to love messing the with jets and jetting. I have a notebook filled with notes, temperatures, etc. The JD referenced part is the block seal gasket that is bad in the video. And yes, the JD jet kit is just that, a pile of jets. Those are great for people that want to jet and forget. It's 95% of the way there. I enjoy trying to get the last 5%!

Last edited: