New AMA Loretta Lynn’s National Championship Trophy

Romanyak256

PR Addict
James Justice did not win a title, he does have a pair of podiums.
I thought justice won on 80’s back in early 2000’s and bowers in the last few years listed Danville Kentucky but we all know he’s an Ohio boy. I have home videos of him and i at his track in Hilliard and videos of my dad and Tim rebuilding 50’s in our garage.

John250

PR Founding Father
More on Sanger - anyone know the guy? Race with him?
Doug was from Trotwood (Dayton). He rode pro back in the 70s. I remember as a kid in the 80s he would race, D11 in the Senior class. Nice guy, I remember him and my dad talking at the track. Seemed to fade away in the early 90s. He would show up at DMC once and a while.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Doug got me a Suzuki ride back in 86 and 87. He would then set them up and tune them. The 125 was a turd but man the 250 would scream.
Doug was also Mr Fass Gass. Black van full of fuel. That bike with that fuel was a rocket.
Like my dad, he was a truck driver here in Dayton. Seems like the last I heard he moved out west after retirement. Not sure. All I know is he was super fit and could ride circles around guys half his age. Basically the John Grewe of the mid 80’s

k01

PR Elite
Late 80's and I thought I finally had the perfect vet class holeshot at McArthur. Gated perfectly, even carried a slight wheelie up the grade through the gears, only to catch a glimpse of yellow to my left and watch a Suzuki effortlessly rail the upper edge of track around me in the first turn. That was my on the track introduction to Doug Sanger and one cool memory...

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Doug got me a Suzuki ride back in 86 and 87. He would then set them up and tune them. The 125 was a turd but man the 250 would scream.
Doug was also Mr Fass Gass. Black van full of fuel. That bike with that fuel was a rocket.
Like my dad, he was a truck driver here in Dayton. Seems like the last I heard he moved out west after retirement. Not sure. All I know is he was super fit and could ride circles around guys half his age. Basically the John Grewe of the mid 80’s
Fass Gass - that rings a bell

Double D

PR Founding Father
Didn’t know anything about this but pretty cool to have my name on there with lots of MX Legends over time who have won at Loretta’s! I’m pretty sure there is no artwork of me on the trophy! Just my name engraved on it somewhere, I’m sure it will be at the race this year!
It would be cool if the front opens up and cold was inside. Other than that you can’t even set one on top. They made themselves a trophy.