Daytona RCSX

John250

PR Founding Father
Anyone needing a room for the week, a friend of mine is renting his small studio condo for the week, Sat to Sat. He is only looking to cover his maintenance fees. Same place that the units are I rent.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Savage - /\

– if nothing else, Daytona sure has made for great stories over the years.
....I haven't completed a full race yet ...

alphado

PR Founding Father
In later years, the rhyming phrase became associated with actor Errol Flynn, who had a reputation for womanizing, consumption of alcohol, and brawling. In November 1942, two under-age girls, Betty Hansen and Peggy Satterlee, accused him of statutory rape.[2] A group was organized to support Flynn, named the American Boys' Club for the Defense of Errol Flynn (ABCDEF); its members included William F. Buckley Jr.[3] The trial took place in January and February 1943, and Flynn was cleared of the charges. According to etymologist Michael Quinion, the incident served to increase Flynn's reputation as a ladies' man, which influenced the connotations of the phrase "in like Flynn".[1] Columnist Cecil Adams also examined the term's origins and its relationship to Flynn. Many early sources, attesting the phrase, say it emerged as war slang during World War II.[4]

John250

PR Founding Father
Hey John you gonna stall your bike a dozen times again, and then blow it off the stand with the pressure washer and bust levers? hahahahahah
I was having some back issues and neck issues since September and have not started my bike or rode since. So that is a pretty good summary of how my weekend might go, lol.

Seriously though, I've really had fun in Daytona over the years and really liked the track many years. The last 3 or 4 not so much on the track compared to other years. Kreps, you going this year?

Vet261

PR Addict
I can still hear the sound of your snapped lever piece going "dink,dink,dink...." as it skipped across the pavement by the bike wash area. OMG I know it sucked for you but I wish I had video of that. Plus you and Babet in the "battle of bike stalling" was epic on the track....

Was not planning on going this year....BUT....BUT....I'm getting jacked by work for my plan to go race Sprint Enduro Rnd 1.....and I really want to GTF outta here and this frozen tundra....so I'm starting to reconsider the whole Daytona week stuff.......

John250

PR Founding Father
Nothing was working last year for me at all. Too much time off bike. This year is no better. I told myself I was not going to ride and just take care of Matthew, but I went ahead and signed up. Some days your feeling it, some days I am not these days.

Meister

PR Founding Father
Just ditch any expectation. My only expectation is to have fun! Get tired, slow down and take in the Sunday driver views! Lol..