Two Stroke Tuesday...

Bill, The dude that's got my TX300 digs the DS's and hit's most of the ones around here.
I was telling him about your purchase and he asked how to spot you to say hi - I guess you guys don't run numbers on the bikes ???

I don't think it's for me - I can't dab a foot.
My legs, hips & lower back are so brittle anymore.
Funny you say that...I was thinking exactly that when you bought a 900lb Harley a while back and dealt with taking it to Florida!

I was thinking...hmmmm....he's gonna try to unload that thing at WW, dab his foot in the sand, fall under the beast and shatter 75 bones....

Last edited:
Bill, The dude that's got my TX300 digs the DS's and hit's most of the ones around here.
I was telling him about your purchase and he asked how to spot you to say hi - I guess you guys don't run numbers on the bikes ???
At this time it will be some colorful answer gear, red bell helmet. Not sure on the vehicle, might still be an old grey escape, yet. I actually live in the Cincinnati area now so I will hit the IN, KY ones in addition to any I can in OH. I can't do the one called Copperhead in Logan, OH because they had to do it the same weekend as Vintage Days..... I'll PM you my number and you can give it to him. Respond with his name please. I am sure he will be easy to spot on the TX. On a KTM 300 not so much. I haven't done one in 5 years at least and it was a sea of orange back then.

There are also 10 Enduro events within 150m of my house. Since I last did it they have what they call a "restart" format that sounds pretty cool. I didn't really do it many times but the timekeeping format was a challenge for me - no patience....

DateEventLocation
Saturday, June 19, 2021Renfro Valley DSMt Vernon, KY
Sunday, June 20, 2021Renfro Valley DSMt Vernon, KY
Sunday, June 27, 2021Flintridge DSBrownsville
Monday, August 2, 2021Muddbobbers DSFairmont, IN
Saturday, August 28, 2021Baby Burr DSWilkesville
Sunday, August 29, 2021Baby Burr DSWilkesville
Saturday, September 18, 2021Buffalo 500 DSColumbus, IN
Sunday, September 19, 2021Buffalo 500 DSColumbus, IN

Funny you say that...I was thinking exactly that when you bought a 900lb Harley a while back and dealt with taking it to Florida!

I was thinking...hmmmm....he's gonna try to unload that thing at WW, dab his foot in the sand, fall under the beast and shatter 75 bones....
I never even got it out of the trailer before dreading my choice.
There's a massive rush getting parked at Daytona.
I'm in a conga line of busses waiting for the chance to swing in and "back" into our "Premium spots"

It’s my turn – with two guys directing.
I pull up, flick the cig and carve the most beautiful arc man has ever seen as I back the beast in like a champ.
Just as I reach for the E-Brake, the one guy starts waving and pointing to the front of the coach saying that I’m too long for the spot and will now have to move to “general camping” -- Let’s just say we “talked” about it for a little bit –
I like my spot !,
I paid for this spot!,
Damn, I’m not going out in the back 40 with the riffraff!
He’ wasn’t giving in and the rest of the conga line was inching up with each passing minute.

Soooooo – Not one to be easily defeated, I jump out of the motorhome like the boss I believe myself to be.... unhook the trailer (inside was the 900lb Harley).... Give it a yank to lift it off the ball and proceed to BLOW OUT my lower back to the point I missed the Entire weekend of racing ----- That was my “year one” of the Daytona experience :oops:

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: k01
It’s Tuesday, right? Really wish Honda would’ve made this a production bike. The 500 is so much better in the aluminum chassis. This one is in a 3rd generation 450r chassis!
9C9C4EA9-D999-4752-8D52-C6FC0AA8B93D.jpeg

Bill, Check the PM's ....
Renfro, Flintridge, and Baby Burr are all events that I've heard stories about
I did. Thanks Never did Renfro but the other two I have and they are fantastic.

Here is a really crazy stat - I did the Milk Run enduro in Athens a while back and happened to have a watch that had an altimeter on it. During that 80 mile or so ride I went up 10,500 feet and down 10,500 feet. If you have ever been to Denver those mountains you see as your heading West through the city are slightly over that but you're already at at a mile high. Think about that - it just blew me away.

Found this one too. With some secret tuning, this thing was the fastest 250t I've ridden. Pulled to the moon. Shoulda probably kept this one.

Attachments

• IMG_20150918_153204232.jpg
    IMG_20150918_153204232.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 80
At this time it will be some colorful answer gear, red bell helmet. Not sure on the vehicle, might still be an old grey escape, yet. I actually live in the Cincinnati area now so I will hit the IN, KY ones in addition to any I can in OH. I can't do the one called Copperhead in Logan, OH because they had to do it the same weekend as Vintage Days..... I'll PM you my number and you can give it to him. Respond with his name please. I am sure he will be easy to spot on the TX. On a KTM 300 not so much. I haven't done one in 5 years at least and it was a sea of orange back then.

There are also 10 Enduro events within 150m of my house. Since I last did it they have what they call a "restart" format that sounds pretty cool. I didn't really do it many times but the timekeeping format was a challenge for me - no patience....

DateEventLocation
Saturday, June 19, 2021Renfro Valley DSMt Vernon, KY
Sunday, June 20, 2021Renfro Valley DSMt Vernon, KY
Sunday, June 27, 2021Flintridge DSBrownsville
Monday, August 2, 2021Muddbobbers DSFairmont, IN
Saturday, August 28, 2021Baby Burr DSWilkesville
Sunday, August 29, 2021Baby Burr DSWilkesville
Saturday, September 18, 2021Buffalo 500 DSColumbus, IN
Sunday, September 19, 2021Buffalo 500 DSColumbus, IN
I did the Copperhead in 2019 - both days. It was awesome. Not easy but a great setup. I also did the Zanesville Trail Riders (ZTR) and the Little Foot Dual-sport as well. Both were awesome also. In 2020 only was able to participate in the Baby Burr - both days. The roads are used to get to the trails and lots of off camber trail riding. Really enjoy these and plan to do more in 2021. I was using a 2009 WR450F - which has been an awesome machine but it is big and heavy and well I'm just not good enough to handle that much weight on tight single track. The bikes I see the most: TE300 / KTM300 / Beta 300 - so I bought a 2019 TE300i. I love it so far and look forward to using it at these Dual Sports this year. My kids both have old 125's as well and I keep telling them - KEEP them. You will regret selling them.

Attachments

• 2019 te300i.jpg
    2019 te300i.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 94
  • 1993 kx125.JPG
    1993 kx125.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 89
  • 2004 cr125.JPG
    2004 cr125.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 123
Back