AMA gets the red flag

ck1racerx

PR Addict
I am officially done with the AMA.
You cause the red flag you should NOT be allowed to restart. Was it an amazing effort? Of course. But you have now just set a precedent. If your a front runner (backed by big money) and you get a bad start, just crash and lay there. Red flag? Yes give me my bike. I know where I am. Bam. You get to race again.
All these “rules” include at the race director’s discretion...
monster trucks are the new elephants
Got Rutledge Wood as the clown
RC as the midget
The idiot screaming on the PA as the ringmaster.
NBC has got the juggling down with the rotation of “commentators”

BAM

Feld has their circus company back in business.
what a total joke.

move over WWE. You have competition in the “sports entertainment” field.

what’s next? Stage racing? Metal ramps? Nope. I got it. Sword swallowing on the podium

ck1racerx

PR Addict
1618376812251.jpeg

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
I was really surprised by that and didn't really hear anything about the "rules" nor did I look them up myself, so I cant speak to the rules. I was always under the impression that if you caused it though, you're out.

but, if it their call at the time... I don't think "falling over" and laying there will work to get a restart. He didn't just have a little tip over in a corner. There was clearly nothing intentional there, and there wasn't really a safe area for him to exit from that area either. Could they have got him out of the way quicker if he was alright.. yeah I would think so.. but then if something was wrong they'd be crucified for forcing him to move off the track so quickly instead of giving him proper medical attention.... I think it would be easy to tell if someone faked a crash after a bad start in attempt to get a restart. plus who the hell is going to risk laying out there even if it is intentional? no thanks.

Not sticking up for them, but just looking from another angle.

Vet261

PR Addict
As soon as I saw them trying to work with him ON TOP of the bridge, I was like, this will be red flagged.
Like many of you, I was under the impression there was "that rule" also....but I do remember back in the 80's Ricky Johnson rag-dolling himself, causing a red flag, and being allowed to restart.

I loved how they left the hot-mic on for half of the commercial break while we heard him pleading his case to the medical staff. Ahhhh to be young and made out of rubber....

tank166

PR Addict
I remember something similar happenings at broken spokes years ago. Young hotshot went down in first corner of c class and as he got up his dad yelled to stay down. Then his dad and 3 others ran onto track to check on him, they had to throw red flag. Then he popped up and pulled the holeshot on restart. Ran away with the moto win.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Let them restart. Give them a 10 second penalty. Race starts. They don’t move for 10 seconds. Or you implement a pit stop and go on first lap.

you can’t just let a guy that wrecked his race start over with no disadvantage. HE CLEARLY GAINED the most advantage. Otherwise his ass wouldn’t of cracked top 18.

Another “showman” style event. Hell even in football if the helmet comes off you sit out one play.

Cause a red flag. Sit out a lap...

THEN we can talk about how heroic he was when he restarted a lap down....And climbed his way through adversity with a sprained dick and made his way back to 6th place. (Example: holeshot. Laps entire field Up to sixth just get back on the lead lap because he’s penalized as 1 lap down right off the start. )

Last edited:

Scoob

PR Founding Father
CRAZY duff and flip. He's lucky he wasn't broken in half. Pastrana couldn't duplicate that on the track...lol I as well was surprised he got to restart with no penalty, however I don't know the rules, don't care, great ride, on to Saturday... Was funny the audio we got during the Peacock commercial break... :)

If something isn't changed by this occurrence, then we might have a beef. No flopping on the MX/SX track.

hershey

PR Elite
I don't get it. Clearly not a fake crash or injury. If the medics clear him then it's game on IMO. He didn't ask them to throw the red flag, if he had the same crash and was in an area they could have moved him off to the side, the race wouldn't have red flagged.

Let him race.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I don't get it. Clearly not a fake crash or injury. If the medics clear him then it's game on IMO. He didn't ask them to throw the red flag, if he had the same crash and was in an area they could have moved him off to the side, the race wouldn't have red flagged.

Let him race.
He crashed. And gifted a clean slate.

Dano762

PR Addict
I don't suspect there will be a bunch of fake crash flops, with deceptive intent, to force restarts, where the fake crash rider will get to start again, in order to improve his position in the race. Far more likely that a racer's brother would shine a laser in the other riders' eyes.

Plus it could only work when the red flag is in the beginning (first 3 laps) to get a complete restart. It wouldn't work when the riders line up single file after a 3 restart.

After that crash, unlike almost anything I have ever seen, my bigger concern would be racing could make undiscovered injuries worse. Injuries that couldn't be identified from a field exam - hairline fractures, or injuries to the spine, back, neck, ribs, ankles, etc. Cameron is what 24 - of course he wants to race?

I think his team, especially the one paralyzed in a wheel chair from a motorcycle crash when he was 17, should have stepped in and said "Cameron your finished for the night; your health is far more important than a title; we admire your grit and are proud of you. Let's get you fully checked out so you can ride next week or next year".

Yep, I think the AMA was wrong to let him restart but because of what appeared to be an exceptionally severe crash and not any AMA rule.

I think Mitch Payton and team were far more wrong for letting him back on a bike after that crash without a more complete medical examination.

Last edited:

John250

PR Founding Father

Let him race.

Because he is in the track long enough that they have to red flag the race, so basically he is being lapped as the red flag is coming out. So a guy going a lap down from a crash is now allowed to remount and restart with no penalty? At minimum he should have a whatever his lap time is penalty and be down one lap at the start. Just my opinion.

The kid is a wrecking ball. Cross jumping every where, crashing, etc. He is worse than Friese.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I think the kid needs to control his emotions. Work on backin’ it down some. I mean it’s kind of clear to me with all his mishaps that even at the professional level he’s riding a little bit over his head when the adrenaline starts pumping. He’s ragdollling on the ground is crashing, Getting in the incidents with other riders.... he’s a common denominator when s**t hits the fan.

Blose woke up in a hospital cuz mcadoo continued to be a squirrel.

And all the announcers are just “awman Macado can’t catch a break, oh no he tore his shirt.”

Maybe he needs to catch the “BRAKE” some and then he will catch a “break” by being there at the end for a win instead of on the ground continuously.

k01

PR Elite
After that crash, unlike almost anything I have ever seen, my bigger concern would be racing could make undiscovered injuries worse. Injuries that couldn't be identified from a field exam - hairline fractures, or injuries to the spine, back, neck, ribs, ankles, etc.
Did they remove his helmet to examine him?

hershey

PR Elite
Because he is in the track long enough that they have to red flag the race, so basically he is being lapped as the red flag is coming out. So a guy going a lap down from a crash is now allowed to remount and restart with no penalty? At minimum he should have a whatever his lap time is penalty and be down one lap at the start. Just my opinion.

The kid is a wrecking ball. Cross jumping every where, crashing, etc. He is worse than Friese.
Dude, he didn't cause any of the crashed he was in during the race. Go back and watch the replays

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Dude, he didn't cause any of the crashed he was in during the race. Go back and watch the replays
I'm with you in that he didn't "cause" any the wrecks 100%, but he was the cause for Blose getting knocked out after getting squirrelly in the whoops. A racing incident perhaps or from one trying to put his Kayek two fitty where a PW50 wouldn't fit. Hopefully Blose comes out of it OK, McAdoo calms a bit and heals with the two week break, and we can get back to green flags in Utah...

Oh, and to add, all of this is not to say what McAdoo has accomplished this year nonetheless the past week is anything short of what an immortal might accomplish...

Last edited:

John250

PR Founding Father
Off the start he got squirrely and hit the tough block and wrecked. How is that not Mcadoo's fault? He caused Blose basically to wreck. He crossed jumped Lawrence and Hunter went down. He cross jumped Marchbanks, and Marchbank's got retaliation. I personally think McAdoo is a squirrel for sure. Kid needs to back it down a notch. Obviously rides on the ragged edge all the time, and makes horrible decisions. He is the common denominator on the track.

As for causing the red flag or not, if your on the ground and the red flag comes out, you should be penalized some time at minimum.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
The race was red flagged because the medical staff could not get to him in a safe place. Had this happened ANYWHERE else on the track, the medics drag him off to the side and the race continues.
to me I dont care how it happened. if he wouldn't of crashed, no red flag. He still gained a huge advantage after the fact.

I like him, listening to him on pulp now. I do like how he's talking about whats going on. He's a good dude for sure. Sounds quite banged up, makes sense why he was squirrely if his legs were that mangled from a huge case..... so we will see. hope he cleans it up or heals up for the next one.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
to me I dont care how it happened. if he wouldn't of crashed, no red flag. He still gained a huge advantage after the fact.

I like him, listening to him on pulp now. I do like how he's talking about whats going on. He's a good dude for sure. Sounds quite banged up, makes sense why he was squirrely if his legs were that mangled from a huge case..... so we will see. hope he cleans it up or heals up for the next one.
Yeah, from what I heard and seen of him, he seems like a good kid and a good story. Definitely showed a lot of heart. Thinking many of us would have done the same thing. He's actually in the wrong era. These days aren't you just suppose to lay there or act like you are work than you are and blame someone else for all your misfortune?...