Mecum Auction 2021

John250

PR Founding Father
I always like seeing what the CT 70s are selling for. My dad has a 1972 in his garage. He is the original owner. 3000 miles. Its in good condition. He bought it to take to Daytona in the 70s to ride on the beach. Think the title says he paid $350 for it. Now its worth over $3000 as it sits.

NQ1965

PR Elite
Subject of mothers and wives nightmares.

1619628756558.png

Vet261

PR Addict
Obviously I easily pick up on all the errors in the years of the Suzuki RMs. And there are several.

Lots of cool stuff for sure!

Dano762

PR Addict
Considering the frenzy for bikes both new and used - plus thinking about current Facecrook Marketplace prices, I thought the overall auction prices seem fairly muted. I was expecting some of the bikes to go for much more than they have.

The 2 mid eighties KXs and the '82 RM125 did sell pretty high in the mid $4Ks. Little bikes like MR50s and 500s are hot right now.

There is an interesting Facebook Group hosted by Joe Abate "Vintage Motocross Buyers & Sellers Pricing Guide" - it is a thinly veiled selling site with a lot of pricing discussion.

I know many on here have a number of bikes and like me are wondering what will I really use in the future versus the current selling prices. I had so much fun prowling for bikes when most sold in the hundreds and $1500 was a big price.

k01

PR Elite
A couple of old friends from back in the day at Hide Away Hills (Team HAH) purchased bikes at this auction last year and it sounds like they have plans to race Great Lakes AHRMA this year. And at least one of them is in Vegas this year as well...

BILL88L

PR Addict
I definitely think Maico won the MX podium on prices. I liked seeing an 86 CR250 go for $12K. Stephenson got $4400 for what he claimed was an 83 CR250 that I think was an 84. Minis were hot - MR50's were crazy and a CR60 went for $5500.

beenridin

PR Elite
I have sold 6 bikes for high prices in the last year. Of course keeping my favorites . Bikes are sky high right now...