Air Horns???

HD223

Boob
Hi. I cannot seem to find the AMA rule on air horns at an AMA sanctioned event that the gate guy attacked me for today at Chilitown. Can someone enlighten me to the AMA rule that states you cannot use an air horn as I don't want to break any rules? Thx!

HD223

Boob
No AMA rule...so the gate guy, who thrrew me off the track and who yelled at me at Chilitown was wrong???

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Actually, there is a rule. Section 4.2
19. Engaging in any unfair practice, misbehavior or action
deemed by the referee or the AMA to be detrimental to the
sport.

But let’s not worry about rules. How about the safety of the riders? Blowing an airhorn is very distracting (obviously) and when your piloting a 100-250 lb motorcycle over a race course, battling with fellow competitors the last thing you need is someone on the side of the track scaring the crap out of you. This is why even the terrible AMA is looking at ways to remove air horns from...... wait for it...... RED BUD!!!!

anyway, carry on

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
You as a spectator (with or without an air horn) can’t stand within 20ft of the track - anywhere - at Red Bud.
Are you implying that a racer is scared by what's happing behind the 20Ft gap off the race track

What I always thought would be totaly freaky would be to have a mule and a camera guy doing 40mph & huck-a-bucking around on some plywood while I’m hammering the whoops

Last edited:

hershey

PR Elite
Actually, there is a rule. Section 4.2
19. Engaging in any unfair practice, misbehavior or action
deemed by the referee or the AMA to be detrimental to the
sport.

But let’s not worry about rules. How about the safety of the riders? Blowing an airhorn is very distracting (obviously) and when your piloting a 100-250 lb motorcycle over a race course, battling with fellow competitors the last thing you need is someone on the side of the track scaring the crap out of you. This is why even the terrible AMA is looking at ways to remove air horns from...... wait for it...... RED BUD!!!!

anyway, carry on
You are kidding, right? That rule isn't about air horns, that's a catch all by the AMA to be able to change the rules as they go.

Obviously Knox has been taken over by an alien or something. First defending a crap ass event and now the AMA. The real Knox would have torn both a new one.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
You are kidding, right? That rule isn't about air horns, that's a catch all by the AMA to be able to change the rules as they go.

Obviously Knox has been taken over by an alien or something. First defending a crap ass event and now the AMA. The real Knox would have torn both a new one.
Come on man. “Crap ass event”? Over 1800 racers in two days!!! When have you even seen that? NEVER. Think I only seen one ambulance run in Saturday. That alone would not only void your crap statement but would put it in a class of its own at the top of any event... ever. As soon as another track pulls 1800 and it goes better according to whatever guidelines your using, then and only then can something be compared to it.
You just witnessed history. Step back and take that in for a second. WOW. WTF. Where did that many come from???

Toddco327

PR Addict
Is this horn approved? Asking for a friend

Attachments

• 9F206131-D954-4B0C-86A1-2B9FE9FED5B3.jpeg
    9F206131-D954-4B0C-86A1-2B9FE9FED5B3.jpeg
    84.8 KB · Views: 91

Double D

PR Founding Father
Hi. I cannot seem to find the AMA rule on air horns at an AMA sanctioned event that the gate guy attacked me for today at Chilitown. Can someone enlighten me to the AMA rule that states you cannot use an air horn as I don't want to break any rules ? Thx!
Chain saws only. If you are drunk and dressed as an eagle fighting in the mud with an elephant is ok too. MXON