MX Sports is now Big Brother ??

ck1racerx

PR Addict
My allegiance? Sorry son. You got me confused with someone who gives a rats ass what anyone thinks. If someone in the sports asks me to help, and I have no plans, I will do what I can.
Now, on to Moto Nazi. I mean MX Sports. Does this stuff surprise any of you? The entire organization was created for MONEY. And they have done a brilliant job over the decades of brainwashing all the sheepeole that they (MX sports) are not only needed, but you should feel blessed they afford you the right to race a dirt bike. If you only think the word Monopoly is just a board game, then you need to maybe crack a dictionary and take off the mind control device and look around. TV rights, sign up, sanction fees, gate fees, sponsors, Tickets, promoters fees and on and on all go to feed the beast that is the almighty Coombs.
You don’t need a riders union. You need a competitive series. A riders union would have little to no power with the already signed contracts of factory riders and the relatively short “career” that most privateer riders have. You have to rebuild much like KTM did with there product. Grassroots, get them young. Build a brand that in a few years can compete. All you old f’s will remember the NMA. Back when Ponca City was rolling, that was the national to win. LL was a side note, second fiddle to the NMA. Then greed and piss poor organization killed that off. In steps MX Sports and now they have no one or no other organization to keep them in check. They can make rules and there is not a damn thing anyone can do about it.
Wow, I could go on and on about this.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
I mean MX Sports. Does this stuff surprise any of you? The entire organization was created for MONEY. And they have done a brilliant job over the decades of brainwashing all the sheepeole that they (MX sports) are not only needed, but you should feel blessed they afford you the right to race a dirt bike. If you only think the word Monopoly is just a board game, then you need to maybe crack a dictionary and take off the mind control device and look around. TV rights, sign up, sanction fees, gate fees, sponsors, Tickets, promoters fees and on and on all go to feed the beast that is the almighty Coombs.
You don’t need a riders union. You need a competitive series. A riders union would have little to no power with the already signed contracts of factory riders and the relatively short “career” that most privateer riders have. You have to rebuild much like KTM did with there product. Grassroots, get them young. Build a brand that in a few years can compete. All you old f’s will remember the NMA. Back when Ponca City was rolling, that was the national to win. LL was a side note, second fiddle to the NMA. Then greed and piss poor organization killed that off. In steps MX Sports and now they have no one or no other organization to keep them in check. They can make rules and there is not a damn thing anyone can do about it.
Wow, I could go on and on about this.
100%

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Riders union could negotiate full use of content if it comes directly attached to their own person.

Riders union could negotiate a sport-minimum pay-out for making mains

riders union could negotiate allowing rider merchandise to be sold.

The rider merch in my opinion would build the sport. Get more people involved. Clowns wear jerseys to football games and I bet you’d see the same damn thing in moto. Right now just leaving it to moto tees incentivized no rider to develop what fans want.

riders union could negotiate that the good the bad and ugly content not be censored based on what the feld or mx sports deem positive or negative.

push back, f**k it nobody races. Nobody makes money. Feld won’t give a s**t but MX sports will. Mx sports doesn’t do disney on ice. People stop racing, it’s over.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Who is Cooksey?

Edit:
Oh - I see, I clicked the vid for a second -I don't do talk shows.
I was agreeing that it was the NMA and Ponca that was the pinnacle

Last edited:

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Yeah, I get it after watching the vid. Before that, I just thought it was another rant about the almighty MX Sports getting more in their pocket. In most cases, i haven't had a big issue with MX Sports and what y'all bring up on here. but this seems different in that they are trying to control the little guy trying to make their brand. More so keeping them down. Eliminating their freedom of speech, etc. in a way. That's BS.

If we had a rider union that didn't try and pad their bottom line with the dues, I'd be all for someone to look out and fight for the riders best interest. What about an organization full of retired riders donating their time? Even if not a full time gig, it would be better than what we have today. The retired MX riders would have to be voted in by the riders...every silly season. ???

John250

PR Founding Father
I am not sure why motocrossers don't have merchandise trailers like they do at dirt tracks. DIrt track racers, have merchandising trailers at the races and the drivers make money off their merchandise sales. Surprised the outdoor nationals don't do the same thing.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Follow the money. If they sold rider tees then they would have to negotiate using your likeness for profits. They don’t want to lose a single dollar so they sell “Supercross” t-shirts. (Which they also own the copyright to that word).
Im sure if you dig a little I bet you would find a family member is the owner of Moto tees...
A “riders union” may help with the small stuff. But understand, they will have no real power. The crowd come to see the big names. The big names have contracts that say which events they will race and that is how they get paid.
Besides, they already have a riders union... it’s called the AMA. If a small group of people in Columbus had a pair they could actually do something about real issues. But since they do NOTHING you then have to assume they are sucking from the same tit.
Im glad people are finally starting to pay attention to this stuff.
Competition for your racing dollar is the only way this will change. We need another organization on a national level.
Don’t believe me? Hello? If you live in Ohio and race moto, what has happened in the past 10 years? Kicked the AMA to the curb, entry’s sky rocket, the AMA (MX Sports) comes back begging at the table. “We will give you a qualifier if you let us come back”. BAM! Right back where you started. “Enforcing” the same stupid rule book, sending them more and more fees. Just like nothing ever happened.
Guys, we all just lived it. And it will happen again until we have a second REAL option.
So, a riders union? Just another way to pull more money out of YOUR pocket. But I’m sure they would have a cool sticker.

MX315

PR Addict
Buttery and Deegan seem to make a few bucks off merch . Hahahaha A lot of the pros have vlogs they are pretty cool to follow. Troll train got merch. Raha has merch ...

hershey

PR Elite
And it gets worse

Why is nobody talking about this? Baggett never got paid, has a court battle going and yet Savatgy signs with them any way?

NQ1965

PR Elite
Follow the money. If they sold rider tees then they would have to negotiate using your likeness for profits. They don’t want to lose a single dollar so they sell “Supercross” t-shirts. (Which they also own the copyright to that word).
Im sure if you dig a little I bet you would find a family member is the owner of Moto tees...
A “riders union” may help with the small stuff. But understand, they will have no real power. The crowd come to see the big names. The big names have contracts that say which events they will race and that is how they get paid.
Besides, they already have a riders union... it’s called the AMA. If a small group of people in Columbus had a pair they could actually do something about real issues. But since they do NOTHING you then have to assume they are sucking from the same tit.
Im glad people are finally starting to pay attention to this stuff.
Competition for your racing dollar is the only way this will change. We need another organization on a national level.
Don’t believe me? Hello? If you live in Ohio and race moto, what has happened in the past 10 years? Kicked the AMA to the curb, entry’s sky rocket, the AMA (MX Sports) comes back begging at the table. “We will give you a qualifier if you let us come back”. BAM! Right back where you started. “Enforcing” the same stupid rule book, sending them more and more fees. Just like nothing ever happened.
Guys, we all just lived it. And it will happen again until we have a second REAL option.
So, a riders union? Just another way to pull more money out of YOUR pocket. But I’m sure they would have a cool sticker.
If all the riders, and teams, united, they could demand bargaining on these issues. Being divided, they'll always get F**ked by the corporations profiting off of their sport, their efforts and hard work.

The riders also deserve representation and a voice for dealing with the AMA, which has an incredible history of stupid decisions.
The riders, and teams could also benefit from representation in negotiating contracts with manufacturers.

Last edited:

John250

PR Founding Father
If all the riders, and teams, united, they could demand bargaining on these issues. Being divided, they'll always get F**ked by the corporations profiting off of their sport, their efforts and hard work.

The riders also deserve representation and a voice for dealing with the AMA, which has an incredible history of stupid decisions.
The riders, and teams could also benefit from representation in negotiating contracts with manufacturers.
All it would take is the privateers NOT showing up. They need them as gate fillers. Without them, the product on the track for the fans in attendance and TV looks pretty thin. But that will never happen. Too many others will still show up to get into that night show.

I've said for years, that there are some superfast guys that would be better off not racing SX and MX. They could spend their money better going around the country hitting some of the better paying ProAms or money races that happen around the country. Times have changed from sure. But I can remember Mark Musselman worked his full time job, and yet seemed to clean up on the weekends running races and Arenacross in the winter. He probably made a little money, paid for his racing, and did not waste thousands of dollars to be a back marker at a SX or MX. Guys like that should re-think their racing. And when they dont show up the promoters would have to address how much they pay to race, and how much they make.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Pro racing within the Sport is so small I doubt the union would turn into some pocket lining national organization. All the riders have to do, is sit on the gate. Sit. Riders won’t have a seat at the Table until they demand it.

Vet261

PR Addict
I am not sure why motocrossers don't have merchandise trailers like they do at dirt tracks. DIrt track racers, have merchandising trailers at the races and the drivers make money off their merchandise sales. Surprised the outdoor nationals don't do the same thing.
They are not permitted to sell merch at the races. Is that surprising?

Last edited:

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
Every televised motorsports series manages their broadcast content, and we usually grant permission to riders at both the privateer and factory levels to use footage from Lucas Oil Pro Motocross, we just need to get permission from NBC (who actually own the broadcast rights collectively with MAV-TV and Lucas Oil Studios) on a case-by-case basis. We also don't want something out there that shows the series and the sport in a really bad light, for instance the inflatable dolls that sometimes pop up and get passed around the podium area, or maybe the "show us your tits" sign that someone might hang on a fence, or maybe someone just really drunk in the spectator area, as we’re trying to be family entertainment as well as a respected motorsport.

This is all just common business sense, though I'm not surprised that this "hot take" is coming from someone who recently referred to our current champion Zach Osborne as a "dick" and a "scumbag of a human being" on a video and social media and now refers to MX Sports as "Hitler" because we are managing NBC’s broadcast rights and asking riders to simply cooperate with the rules and policies that are commonplace in every major sporting entity on earth—especially one such as ours where the rights are actually owned by a giant entity called NBC, which is owned by a bigger entity called Universal, which is owned by a bigger entity called Comcast…

The irony here is that MX Sports are the ones that have been going to bat for the riders (ask Troll Train or Team Fried) to free up their opportunities to use video content, which was all but forbidden just a few years ago. This is not “censorship,” it's simply asking that the riders ask for permission, use it responsibly and within some modest guidelines. These guys don’t seem to understand that, or maybe they’d just rather be loud than correct, which is not surprising...

Seriously, what good comes from repeatedly calling one of the top riders a dick and scumbag? That’s not “media.” That's badgering and insulting Zach Osborne.

DC
Racer X

From Vital - you tin foil hat guys really hate DC.