I love riding!

Strouble

PR Addict
Yes and could not make a main, and if he did he is a moto filler. alot of guys with skills but can't ride 15 minuets. Even AC9 admits he is not in shape and he is elite level.
I have low skill level and can’t ride a hard 15 minutes on a motocross track! Ha.

Definitely cool what he can do on a bike, but I agree, being a racer is the pinnacle of our sport.

Vet261

PR Addict
Keep in mind also that RB has the "Jeff Stanton Classic" event this year as well. When I raced their vintage event a few years ago it was an absolute blast -- they do lighter prep on the track for the old bikes, so we feel like heros blasting around there without all the deep ruts and bumps like it will get for Vet Fest.

This will have vintage bikes, modern bikes, etc.

Last time they ran this I sat and ate dinner at a table with Amy Ritchie, Jeff Stanton, Todd Dehoop, John Grewe, and more. I also managed to pinch Stanton off in the first turn in one moto when he lined up next to me!

Scoob

PR Founding Father
What is the last time you had fun riding?
July 2019...well, was until I decided to get cute while hucking a WFO sand dune and hit the "soft" sand knocking the wind out of me along with some pretty severe bruising to come. I planned to get out again last summer, but found out that the flood at my house got the bike too...then Spencer started racing and there sits my bike half naked in the garage....someday soon this fall I hope again!... Spencer has helped a little with the "chase me around at the MX track" weight loss plan...
Keep in mind also that RB has the "Jeff Stanton Classic" event this year as well. When I raced their vintage event a few years ago it was an absolute blast -- they do lighter prep on the track for the old bikes, so we feel like heros blasting around there without all the deep ruts and bumps like it will get for Vet Fest.

This will have vintage bikes, modern bikes, etc.

Last time they ran this I sat and ate dinner at a table with Amy Ritchie, Jeff Stanton, Todd Dehoop, John Grewe, and more. I also managed to pinch Stanton off in the first turn in one moto when he lined up next to me!

Hmmm... is a 2005 Kayex two-fiddy considered an old bike? I'm in!...lol

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Kaed_Kniffing_2016_DOONIES3_SWANBERG_00247.jpg

Scoober ..going LARGE at the Dunes

Vet261

PR Addict
July 2019...well, was until I decided to get cute while hucking a WFO sand dune and hit the "soft" sand knocking the wind out of me along with some pretty severe bruising to come. I planned to get out again last summer, but found out that the flood at my house got the bike too...then Spencer started racing and there sits my bike half naked in the garage....someday soon this fall I hope again!... Spencer has helped a little with the "chase me around at the MX track" weight loss plan...

Hmmm... is a 2005 Kayex two-fiddy considered an old bike? I'm in!...lol

It is. There are typically classes up to 2008 (2 stroke only). You can race up to 2008 at Mid Ohio Vintage Days as well.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Have to say I have thought about this then maybe any other topic (except the lack of Ohio guys at LL). And I can not remember the last time I “loved riding”. Maybe when I was 4 and just learning. Then it was fun. I love the thrill of competition, but not just riding. Just the idea of “open practice/riding” looses my interest. I don’t even remember just going riding??? It always had a purpose or turned into various competitions with buddies. Let’s see who can do the longest stoppy, Best whip? Fastest corner... bet I can make it up that hill first...
Just riding my dirt bike? Nope. I have had that 250 tore into a million parts in my garage for close to a year. I have more fun watching my kids play sports then just going riding. I may finish it this fall. And if I do, it will be raced or sold. Riding is not even a consideration.
Not sure how I feel about myself now. But I can’t be the only one... am I?

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Have to say I have thought about this then maybe any other topic (except the lack of Ohio guys at LL). And I can not remember the last time I “loved riding”. Maybe when I was 4 and just learning. Then it was fun. I love the thrill of competition, but not just riding. Just the idea of “open practice/riding” looses my interest. I don’t even remember just going riding??? It always had a purpose or turned into various competitions with buddies. Let’s see who can do the longest stoppy, Best whip? Fastest corner... bet I can make it up that hill first...
Just riding my dirt bike? Nope. I have had that 250 tore into a million parts in my garage for close to a year. I have more fun watching my kids play sports then just going riding. I may finish it this fall. And if I do, it will be raced or sold. Riding is not even a consideration.
I remember you going racing and leaving after the first motos at malvern.....at some point it’s ok to do other things. No shame in it.

Attachments

• AF490581-7571-4939-A3F3-9CEE4BD3B4B3.jpeg
    AF490581-7571-4939-A3F3-9CEE4BD3B4B3.jpeg
    208.3 KB · Views: 65

hershey

PR Elite
But when you have had fun doing the things you stated above, you ARE riding your dirt bike. The post didn't say sitting down putting around on a bike.