MEY Regional Results are Up!

Woody

PR Addict
What a truly amazing weekend. I had the privilege of helping out all weekend and the amount of work put in was crazy. Jeremy and the crew didn’t stop the whole time. Was it a little dusty? Sure. Was it 90+ degrees and windy? Yep. Where there thousands of laps put in? Yep. They did a great job. Parking was spot on. Staging was great. Vendors as far as the eye could see. Trackside support for suspension and bikes were there. The hardest working guy there was the trash man. Hats off to him, he must have hauled 20000 bags of trash.

But my favorite part of the weekend was the 3rd motos. The emotion in impound and on the podium was something I wasn’t prepared for. Seeing parents and kids dreams come true and seeing the emotion was amazing.

A lot of times we talk about the negative things in our sport but seeing kids punch their ticket made me realize why I love this sport. The hours in the car. Traveling. Injuries. Broken bikes. Tough losses. Then seeing all those things go away and that one moment of pure joy and happiness is hard to describe. I can’t wait to watch the motos in August and see how the riders that were racing this weekend do in their classes.
Woah Toddco is also Announcer Todd??? Nice meeting you and nice job this weekend!

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
What a truly amazing weekend. I had the privilege of helping out all weekend and the amount of work put in was crazy. Jeremy and the crew didn’t stop the whole time. Was it a little dusty? Sure. Was it 90+ degrees and windy? Yep. Where there thousands of laps put in? Yep. They did a great job. Parking was spot on. Staging was great. Vendors as far as the eye could see. Trackside support for suspension and bikes were there. The hardest working guy there was the trash man. Hats off to him, he must have hauled 20000 bags of trash.

But my favorite part of the weekend was the 3rd motos. The emotion in impound and on the podium was something I wasn’t prepared for. Seeing parents and kids dreams come true and seeing the emotion was amazing.

A lot of times we talk about the negative things in our sport but seeing kids punch their ticket made me realize why I love this sport. The hours in the car. Traveling. Injuries. Broken bikes. Tough losses. Then seeing all those things go away and that one moment of pure joy and happiness is hard to describe. I can’t wait to watch the motos in August and see how the riders that were racing this weekend do in their classes.
Thanks Todd. Wayne busted his butt on trash . We’ve hauled out 70 yards, and are about 1/2 on the last 30 yarder

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father

Hell yeah, that's why Regionals Rock - !

Meister

PR Founding Father
It sounds as you wasn’t there in person but if you was you would have seen that the track was very one lined quad track. The track doesn’t race well at all. It all came down to the starts, if you didn’t get a start I don’t care how fast you was you didn’t have a chance. Yes conditions was tough to keep up with, it was hot but no attempt was made. You watch any of the better ran tracks they are following the last bike around putting water down where they can between motos. You can dust a track with water that still has moisture in it and keep it in great shape. You can’t water a dry track, it just turns to ice and that’s what they did when the few times they attempted to control the dust. I was extremely disappointed in the track and the way it was ran. Not to mention the price gouging, 40 dollars for a transponder? Pretty clear briarcliff was only in it for the money and cared nothing about the race they way providing for these kids.
You're right, but I am from Ohio and have ridden plenty of regionals and top notch facilities. I know what to expect I guess. Dust on a 90° day? No way. If he put water down between motos, people woulda bitched it was slick. Lose lose. I'm genuinely curious though. Since you were at a youth regional, do you have a youngin riding? What class? Do YOU ride by chance? Not trying to start s**t, but rather interested in what you're basing your opinion on. By the sounds of it, you're not familiar with the owner either. Dude dumps most of the monies made back into the facility, and always has. I'm sure he's hearing the harping on the layout, look for it to get a reboot based on opinion before too long.

nitrofish

PR Addict
We did amateur regionals back to back, Red Bud and Unadilla. Red Bud is a different animal, you can water all you want without jeopardizing safety. The dilla sent a bunch of racers out on stretchers due to watering an unprepped, hard pack track. I’ll take a little bit of dust over that mess. It’s all in the system too, trying to cram 41 motos in one day to get y’all home on Sunday is tough. Just be thankful you had dust and not the other.

Darrell Green

PR Member
You're right, but I am from Ohio and have ridden plenty of regionals and top notch facilities. I know what to expect I guess. Dust on a 90° day? No way. If he put water down between motos, people woulda bitched it was slick. Lose lose. I'm genuinely curious though. Since you were at a youth regional, do you have a youngin riding? What class? Do YOU ride by chance? Not trying to start s**t, but rather interested in what you're basing your opinion on. By the sounds of it, you're not familiar with the owner either. Dude dumps most of the monies made back into the facility, and always has. I'm sure he's hearing the harping on the layout, look for it to get a reboot based on opinion before too long.
Yes I raced in my younger days but rarely ride anymore. I brought my nephew up racing who is now 18 and have a 10 year old currently racing. We was victim of putting water down on a track that was beyond the point of being hard packed and dusty. Actually we was sitting with a 6-6 going into the 3rd moto and he watered a track that was already lost. Hate drops and he is in qualifying position through the slick track and they red flag the race due to a mess up with the 2 min card. We come back and have no tear offs left and muddy goggles due to what they had just done to the track. Restart the race and get a bad start and there wasn’t enough time to make up the spots even though he was running the 4th fastest times. The track was very one lined. Back to the point I have been around racing for 25+ years and been to several top notch facilities. I have also helped out with facilities and ran track maintenance. I know exactly what it takes to run a race. I know if you dust water on the track when the last bike of the moto goes by it cools the track amd prolongs the moisture. This works great if you keep up on it. If you lose the track and it gets hard packed it turns to ice and has to be ripped to bring it back around. That water truck spend most the of day watering the roads in the pits(which is great) but should have been concentrating on the track.

Darrell Green

PR Member
Also I’m very familiar with Jeremy, I’m very familiar with the way he talks to people and treats people. His numbers has decreased because people refuse to race their due to the way he chooses to interact with people with the if you’re kids don’t like it tell them to go sit at home on the couch attitude. I don’t doubt for a min he dumps money back in to the facility, it is going to makes a nice quad national track. It in no way made a good track to hold a regional race. The track is ver one lined and doesn’t race well even with good prep.

Meister

PR Founding Father
Good to know. Bummer junior had a bad 2nd go at moto 3.

I think he got the hint about how the track transformation was received, but my guess is it was uncomfortably close to this regional and the national to make drastic changes. He'll bring it back around, no doubt. I've also noticed his demeanor changing toward customers, but I'll attribute that to the fact he's getting old and soft... Lol.. it'll all work out and im sure the place is here to stay a premier facility for Ohio.. I'll also mention I haven't been down for the current layout, so I can't give an honest opinion about that aspect, but I do know he's a good prepper and the conditions weren't what they were for lack of knowledge or effort.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
Also I’m very familiar with Jeremy, I’m very familiar with the way he talks to people and treats people. His numbers has decreased because people refuse to race their due to the way he chooses to interact with people with the if you’re kids don’t like it tell them to go sit at home on the couch attitude. I don’t doubt for a min he dumps money back in to the facility, it is going to makes a nice quad national track. It in no way made a good track to hold a regional race. The track is ver one lined and doesn’t race well even with good prep.
It’s not always the track you gotta get creative as a rider and find other lines and move around I have been to briarcliff four times this year and I can tell you it’s anything but one lined with 5 or 6 ruts a corner. Quit following and get creative and it won’t be one lined. At the end of the day no matter what track it is the fast kids good start or not will make it to the front just saying. Not always the track it’s the rider too.

hershey

PR Elite
I wasn't at the race so I'm not going to.comment on the conditions.

Commenting on track prep in general though, Darrell is correct. Lincoln trail is a perfect example. I've been to regionals there in June, stupid hot and sunny. The track isn't sandy, its a lot like BC dirt with a darker base. They have people in water trucks all day long, they follow the last rider every single moto and mist the track until the next gate drop. All day....it never got dry or dusty when I was there. They never stopped for track prep that I remember but I'm old and may have forgotten.

But I don't understand why tracks don't do that here. You don't water the track, you just keep the moisture in it all day without stopping racing.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Double edged sword watering between motos, I think if we had not been dealt the forecast we had earlier in the week, we would have ordered the sawdust and coated the areas that had the potential to pack in, however thats not how it went. On the track design, its improved tremendously since the first edition. Remember I worked on the "old layout" for 15 years, I think I deserve a few months here. I think it races well, even on quads.....because I raced it for Battle. Umm, Darrell when did you ride it? TBH, I don't have a lot of respect for people that don't ride, or used to ride, and then talk like they know exactly what's going on with a track. Talks cheap, bring a helmet to the next practice and then tell me how to make it better.

AND, the escore fees are created by escore, not me. I don't get the transponder money. I actually pay escore a fee to be there too, wanna trade the fees?

jj584

PR Addict
Double edged sword watering between motos, I think if we had not been dealt the forecast we had earlier in the week, we would have ordered the sawdust and coated the areas that had the potential to pack in, however thats not how it went. On the track design, its improved tremendously since the first edition. Remember I worked on the "old layout" for 15 years, I think I deserve a few months here. I think it races well, even on quads.....because I raced it for Battle. Umm, Darrell when did you ride it? TBH, I don't have a lot of respect for people that don't ride, or used to ride, and then talk like they know exactly what's going on with a track. Talks cheap, bring a helmet to the next practice and then tell me how to make it better.

AND, the escore fees are created by escore, not me. I don't get the transponder money. I actually pay escore a fee to be there too, wanna trade the fees?
I often wondered if tracks payed for Escore to show up. Now I know why its not more common.

Darrell Green

PR Member

I’m at a different race track almost every weekend. I have been on all sides from a racer, parent, building and prepping. I don’t need to be on a bike riding to see that the track doesn’t race well. Just a obvious example is after the triple. You have zero passing opportunity. You have a near off camber sweeper turn so of course your fastest option is inside, your not going to be able to go wide and make a pass unless you build the inside up to make it possible to carry a lot of speed around the turn. Sunset ridge perfects this. You can go inside middle or outside and they are all pretty equal. That makes for great racing. When the lines are funneling in the same place on the majority of the turns there is no passing opportunity’s. As far as watering between Moto’s, I’m not saying you dump the truck on it. You catch it as it’s drying but still has moisture in it. You fly by with the truck misting the track, it’s puts down just enough water to cool the track and keep it from drying out so quickly while adding a little moisture back. If you do it correctly you will never have to stop racing other then to fix faces of jumps or sections that need attention. As far as escrow goes I know the tracks usually get a cut( say 5 of the 25 chargered). But your telling me escrow charges everyone 40 for rental? If so I will apologize and take that up with them. I own my own so it didn’t effect me. Just upsetting that mxsports and tracks are getting so greedy with these races since they know they can charge what ever they one and they are still going to pay it so they have a chance at Loretta’s. It’s gotten out of hand.

Darrell Green

PR Member
I often wondered if tracks payed for Escore to show up. Now I know why its not more common.
I honestly believe transponders should just be a expense of racing. It’s 70 a year membership which is nothing in the big picture of things. You wouldn’t be relying on a scoring company to show up every event and everyone loves being able to see there lap times.

John250

PR Founding Father
It sounds as you wasn’t there in person but if you was you would have seen that the track was very one lined quad track. The track doesn’t race well at all. It all came down to the starts, if you didn’t get a start I don’t care how fast you was you didn’t have a chance. Yes conditions was tough to keep up with, it was hot but no attempt was made. You watch any of the better ran tracks they are following the last bike around putting water down where they can between motos. You can dust a track with water that still has moisture in it and keep it in great shape. You can’t water a dry track, it just turns to ice and that’s what they did when the few times they attempted to control the dust. I was extremely disappointed in the track and the way it was ran. Not to mention the price gouging, 40 dollars for a transponder? Pretty clear briarcliff was only in it for the money and cared nothing about the race they way providing for these kids.
Darrell. I assure you, Briarcliff knows what they are doing. They have one of the best prepped tracks around 99% of the time. Others could learn a thing or two. Sounds like JO had some things out of his control. As for the track, I've raced it twice the second time is better than the first, but the track is not one lined at all. I am not sure how you can even say that. Perhaps the kids were riding the same line, but that is not the case when your racing it.

As for your kids 3rd moto, restarts happen. That's part of racing. Win some lose some.

Darrell Green

PR Member
Darrell. I assure you, Briarcliff knows what they are doing. They have one of the best prepped tracks around 99% of the time. Others could learn a thing or two. Sounds like JO had some things out of his control. As for the track, I've raced it twice the second time is better than the first, but the track is not one lined at all. I am not sure how you can even say that. Perhaps the kids were riding the same line, but that is not the case when your racing it.

As for your kids 3rd moto, restarts happen. That's part of racing. Win some lose some.
Well we have raced there twice with very dusty hard packed track both time, KOC and the regional. It’s has been far from one of the best prepped tracks around but that depends on who you are comparing them too. I’m not trying to tear Jeremy down. It was a disappointing weekend. I’m in no way blaming him or the track for us missing out ticket. That’s the adversity you have to overcome and we didn’t get it done. You don’t wanted a dry packed in track though, conditions was dangerous. Everyone at the race was upset. Every person there was complaining. Even with one truck you had the opportunity to keep on the track. If your going to hold a regional you have to be held to a higher standard.