Just for Rocket Robin: My annual who is going to beat Mike Brown this year thread.

bruceb

PR Addict
Unless they haul in a lot of sand, and I am talking Lommel amounts of sand, I don't see anyone beating Mike in the 25+ crowd. Robbie Marshall has the best chance, but as stated he will need a lot of sand added. Sean Lipanovich is also in the class, but I don't think he can run with Mike. Not sure who Jake Baumert from KY is, but he is undefeated in 25+ qualifiers in 2 regions and qualified in Pro/Sport. I don't think he can run with Mike, but definitely some one to watch.

Since I have conceded the 25+ class to Mike, maybe there is hope in the 45+ class. And low and behold, Ryan Hughes is returning to the ranch and the report that I got from a friend that was at Fox Raceway for the AQ said that Hughes was absolutely flying. He beat Lipanovich in the 25+ class, but opted to not qualify in the class, only going for the 45+ class at the ranch. For the record I will be cheering for Mike and hope he wins, but Hughes should give him a battle. There is also the usual cast of characters returning this year; Barry Carsten, Jeff Emig, Keith Johnson (MA version), Billy Fosnock, "Frenchie" Pamart, and Kevin Walker. Not sure who Jeremy Parson out of NY is, but he ran runner up to Mike at the regional (beating Kevin Walker)

Last edited:

Meister

PR Founding Father
I bet we'll see Kyle Gills battling near the front in +25. Ex ohioian from Mississippi that now lives in Idaho working for WPS..

I think ryno might get brownie as long has he's got the hips unlocked. Lol

jj584

PR Addict
I bet we'll see Kyle Gills battling near the front in +25. Ex ohioian from Mississippi that now lives in Idaho working for WPS..

I think ryno might get brownie as long has he's got the hips unlocked. Lol
The unlocked hips thing is relentless regardless of the media platfiorm. LOL

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
There is also the usual cast of characters returning this year; Barry Carsten, Jeff Emig, Keith Johnson (MA version), Billy Fosnock, "Frenchie" Pamart, and Kevin Walker. Not sure who Jeremy Parson out of NY is, but he ran runner up to Mike at the regional (beating Kevin Walker)
Kurt Nicoll will be up there.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
Unless they haul in a lot of sand, and I am talking Lommel amounts of sand, I don't see anyone beating Mike in the 25+ crowd. Robbie Marshall has the best chance, but as stated he will need a lot of sand added. Sean Lipanovich is also in the class, but I don't think he can run with Mike. Not sure who Jake Baumert from KY is, but he is undefeated in 25+ qualifiers in 2 regions and qualified in Pro/Sport. I don't think he can run with Mike, but definitely some one to watch.
Jake baumert might give him a run for his money he was making nationals 2 years ago and getting top 20 I believe I think he’s got a challenger and ryno will be on a Honda 450 even though he disses them he will be racing one

bruceb

PR Addict
Jake baumert might give him a run for his money he was making nationals 2 years ago and getting top 20
Thanks for the info. With all due respect to Jake, if Renner, Kilbarger, and Durham could not get the job done, I can't see anyone doing it this year. Fortunately, Mike is 49 and can move up to the 50+ class next year and stop messing with the youngsters.

Last edited:

hershey

PR Elite
Thanks for the info. With all due respect to Jake, if Renner, Kilbarger, and Durham could not get the job done, I can't see anyone doing it this year. Fortunately, Mike is 49 and can move up to the 50+ class next year and stop messing with the youngsters.
Do you honestly think just because he is 50 he will stop pounding the kids in 25? It's a better feeling wining a class with people half your age than one with people your own age. Not to mention the bragging rights.

bruceb

PR Addict
Mike will race in the class that Husky wants him to race. Most likely 45+ and 50+, where he has the best chance of a title.

hershey

PR Elite
Mike will race in the class that Husky wants him to race. Most likely 45+ and 50+, where he has the best chance of a title.
And you're saying he will win 25. Wouldn't Husku want to say...our bike is so good that a +50 rider wins in +25?

bruceb

PR Addict
our bike is so good that a +50 rider wins in +25?
Why take the chance? Let us look at Mike's past 2 times in 25+ and 40+. In 2019, he split motos with Durham in 25+ before winning the 3rd moto. And Durham's bike was not in very good condition. In 40+ that same year, he built up a 20 second lead by the 3rd lap. 2018 was similar, splitting motos with Ricky R in 25+ before winning the 3rd moto. Again in 40+, he had a 17-24 second lead by the 3rd lap.
The mfg's want titles and having Mike in the 40+ and 50+ (next year) is as close to guaranteed titles as you can get.
And you're saying he will win 25.
This year. Each year more, fast 25+ guys are returning to the ranch and it is only a matter of time before Mike Alessi shows up.

Last edited:

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
Do you honestly think just because he is 50 he will stop pounding the kids in 25? It's a better feeling wining a class with people half your age than one with people your own age. Not to mention the bragging rights.
I’m with Hershey on this one mike won’t go up he will keep messing the youngsters up and show he can keep beating them while there at their best

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Not sure who Jake Baumert from KY is, but he is undefeated in 25+ qualifiers in 2 regions and qualified in Pro/Sport. I don't think he can run with Mike, but definitely some one to watch.
We got to watch Baumert at WildCat. He's Smooth & Fast. Should be a great racing ..

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Bruce, thanks for acknowledging the fact that Mike Brown is that good. You know how it goes though, you still need to run the races no matter how it looks on paper. Maybe Mike will have an issue this year and not win, when you finally think he will. I'll stick with him again, because he is that good. I'd like to think that some of the guys might be able to run with him in the older classes like Hughes, but I still see Mike Brown taking those titles too.

bruceb

PR Addict
Heading into moto 3:
Harrison 1-2, Marshall 4-1, Baumert 2-3, Brown 3-5, and Porter jr. 5-4.
It looks like Mike will not win the class, but there is also a good chance he will not make the over all podium. It was a good run, bring on the 50+ class.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
When you finally caved in Bruce and went with Mike Brown, he let you down. He seems to be fading at the end of those long motos this year, as his lap times increase near the end. He will do better in the shorter moto lengths of the +45 and +50 next year. Hopefully Mike can rebound and get on the podium in +25 overall!!!