Midwest Shootout Chillitown Mx 9/11-12th

663dad

PR Addict
Don’t miss the annual Midwest shootout, should be a epic weekend for racing with the given upcoming weather report

Attachments

• 99D08853-B88A-4C44-B20F-1FC895D3D702.jpeg
    99D08853-B88A-4C44-B20F-1FC895D3D702.jpeg
    115.4 KB · Views: 111
  • 54A72146-0EDB-4F3F-85FC-48BD9D6FBDBF.jpeg
    54A72146-0EDB-4F3F-85FC-48BD9D6FBDBF.jpeg
    115.5 KB · Views: 110
  • 98DA3681-2526-44B9-956D-381A85207446.jpeg
    98DA3681-2526-44B9-956D-381A85207446.jpeg
    156.1 KB · Views: 104
  • 84E7876B-B42F-4049-9169-EE7BF9936B63.jpeg
    84E7876B-B42F-4049-9169-EE7BF9936B63.jpeg
    168.6 KB · Views: 91
Sharing some thoughts about this past weekend...

-Saturday, the first 2 of 3 practices were slop on top of hardpack. This really surprised me as I've always heard
about how fast CTMX drains after rain (assumed sand soft). The 3rd session was closest to race conditions were on Sunday.
Posting the practice order ahead of time would be appreciated (as well as more posts here on PitRacer!)

-Seems like Sunday practice started late? Almost 9 instead of 8? Hence slowing down the day? I'm used to Vet races at Red Bud
and when they say 8, they mean 8. The second moto gate drops seemed faster in between than the first motos.
From memory, the last race ended at about 5pm. Unless there is a time cut-off stipulated by the fair board, I wish they
hadn't cut the and laps remained the same as the first moto. You're there ALL day, does an hour more really matter at that point?

-Sunday's track conditions were on point. Moist conditions and minimal dust. Never say perfect but to me, no complaints.

-I absolutely love the fact that the kid's classes ++ are so full. Parents and kids are both racing with so many campers.
The pandemic has been a blessing to the motorcycle industry. Fingers crossed it continues.

-Had the pleasure of meeting ChubbyCat113 along with his son and puppy. They kept the 60+ class entertained!

-Now for my complaint...I saw Mcaupp22 racing but where was John250? He's first to line up with a post about something but was
missing at the starting gate. Was hoping for the chance to line up together since the 60+ class was gated with 50+ and 35+.
Maybe next time :)

Overall, I had a great time. Might even come back for the Fall race

Results

-Saturday, the first 2 of 3 practices were slop on top of hardpack. This really surprised me as I've always heard
about how fast CTMX drains after rain (assumed sand soft). The 3rd session was closest to race conditions were on Sunday.
Posting the practice order ahead of time would be appreciated (as well as more posts here on PitRacer!)

-Seems like Sunday practice started late? Almost 9 instead of 8? Hence slowing down the day? I'm used to Vet races at Red Bud
and when they say 8, they mean 8. The second moto gate drops seemed faster in between than the first motos.
From memory, the last race ended at about 5pm. Unless there is a time cut-off stipulated by the fair board, I wish they
hadn't cut the and laps remained the same as the first moto. You're there ALL day, does an hour more really matter at that point?

-Sunday's track conditions were on point. Moist conditions and minimal dust. Never say perfect but to me, no complaints.

-I absolutely love the fact that the kid's classes ++ are so full. Parents and kids are both racing with so many campers.
The pandemic has been a blessing to the motorcycle industry. Fingers crossed it continues.

-Had the pleasure of meeting ChubbyCat113 along with his son and puppy. They kept the 60+ class entertained!

-Now for my complaint...I saw Mcaupp22 racing but where was John250? He's first to line up with a post about something but was
missing at the starting gate. Was hoping for the chance to line up together since the 60+ class was gated with 50+ and 35+.

Results
Nice post Shaf, still mad at you though.

Btw...I dated a girl like your second sentence once.lol

Results
He’s softer than crap boys he can barely walk. Never practices will show up on a random Sunday and race. Also is never even in Ohio. Pleasure valley he said it was to far didn’t wanna drive 5 hours now he was in Florida.

Chillitown this weekend though the track was super good and weather was perfect. I thought it was sick that I finally had a good race order and was 5 and 8 and got home with everything all washed at 5 which was sweet. Overall I thought there wasn’t that many people there compared to most chillitown crowds but it was still huge with 580 or so entries on Sunday and 300 and some for practice. I also wish the laps weren’t cut in the second motos really would of rather went 4 or 5.

Chillitown this weekend though the track was super good and weather was perfect. I thought it was sick that I finally had a good race order and was 5 and 8 and got home with everything all washed at 5 which was sweet. Overall I thought there wasn’t that many people there compared to most chillitown crowds but it was still huge with 580 or so entries on Sunday and 300 and some for practice. I also wish the laps weren’t cut in the second motos really would of rather went 4 or 5.
The total for the weekend was 669, the reason I cut the second motos one lap the second moto was due to we got a late start and allowing time for riders to make their way back into staging after intermission. The open C consi’s before the second moto didn’t help either. I also wanted to allow enough time for everyone to get home after a long weekend at a decent time. It seemed like the second motos where clicking off faster then the first set, so with that being said we will not cut any laps going forward. Scott and the crew also want to thank everyone who came out last weekend.

Back