Grear's AHRMA this weekend

k01

PR Elite
Screenshot_20210928-103754~2.png

Anyone going?

NQ1965

PR Elite
Tentative. We're in discussions about it.

Still not happy about missing COCR event. We're deep into fall baseball, (4th game this week tonight), cheerleading at football games (6year old has her last cheerleading game this Sunday), and volleyball. And of course work overtime.

Haven't had a bike out since Vintage Days and I need to race! (might be a good mud race :cool:)

Last edited:

NQ1965

PR Elite
SH*T !!!!!!

Just saw that Grear's cancelled the race for tomorrow.

Wasn't anywhere near prepared, but spontaneously decided "I'm racing". Spent the last three hours pulling all my stuff together. Back to the barn they go.

1633137601540.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: k01

NQ1965

PR Elite
Spoke with Dave at Grear's on Saturday.

Word is the AHRMA Vintage/PV event to be rescheduled for Oct 23/24th.

Reactions: k01

NQ1965

PR Elite
Both days?
We are racing Sunday.
We were just discussing tonight other commitments on Saturday, but I am planning on coming down for some warm up seat time.

Really looking forward to racing Grear's, and hoping the rain holds off till late afternoon or evening.

Nancy and I went down two weeks ago so that I could get some run time on the 98CR.
Grear's gets a "10" on the "YeeeeHaw" scale!

Grears out1.jpg

Grears out2.jpg

k01

PR Elite
Well, the open bikes that I had planned to take are now broken. As are the 125 bikes that I thought would be fun at Cattail last weekend. I'm going to try to get something running...

mooch

PR Elite
Was planning on Grears AHRMA race today but baled due to rain in the forecast. Now just waiting for reports of track being perfect :)

NQ1965

PR Elite
We rode yesterday but was too jacked up to race today.
Back in August, the beginning of Fall Ball Little League, I either pulled/strained, or tore a shoulder muscle, (deep near the bone, coming down behind the bicep). Took a while but it seemed to recover fine after 2-3 weeks. Yesterday afternoon I aggravated it again, and by last night I couldn't move my right shoulder or arm at all without considerable pain. I also ended up with a badly stoved left thumb after laying down the bike hard coming off the track, (up top) and rear tire brake sliding into a rain rut. (flagger was rerouting riders off the track). So had swelling there and compromised ability to grip.

Thinking hard on how/what could of caused my shoulder issue, thanks to shutter-bug Nancy, just might of figured it out. Might be from how I'm picking the bike up on the stand.

1635106562893.jpeg

Last edited:

NQ1965

PR Elite
Not very happy that the only racing I've got to this year has been Vintage Day's, and not one GP race. We knew this weekend was going to be sketchy as well with the weather. Regardless, I knew that if I was going to race Sunday, I desperately needed more seat time.
I usually have to remind myself to just relax, lighten up and just enjoy riding and racing, but I'm also a competitive person that loves a good track battle. And the more bikes involved, the better. So, I'm always wanting to improve the areas that I suck at. Cornering is one of those areas.
Bear in mind, even though I've been riding since I was a kid, I didn't enter my 1st dirt bike race until I was 36. And have been striving to improve ever since. And then you learn that you are on the down side of the performance bell curve for speed and improving, haha.

Sounds crazy, but I do love a good mud race. Maybe cause it's harder to do, I don't know? I knew Grear's was going to slippery this weekend so I saw my opportunity to work on cornering and railing ruts.
I love watching top riders rail a good corner rut, and I am very envious of their skill to do it and make it look easy. Truth is, it's not easy! And it's much worse when you get VERY little seat time to work on it, like me.

As usual, I was inflexible, slow, unbalanced, and uncoordinated getting warmed up yesterday.
IMG_1430 (2) copy.jpg

This was a nasty corner, but had two really good, long ruts. I'm determined to get better at this!
IMG_1432 (2) copy.jpg

Took me a few laps, but I settled in.
IMG_1447 (2) copy.jpg

Grear's has several good corners that rut up nicely.
IMG_1474 (2) copy.jpg

IMG_1525 copy.jpg

For some reason I could only get my brain to lay the bike over hard a couple times on this corner today. I was coming in fast, but kept coming up and climbing out. And I know it's all in my head and where my focal point is. UGH!!!
IMG_1494 copy.jpg

My buddy KO1 on the Chappy bike in the background, amused by my thick-headedness., haha :D.
IMG_1455 (2) copy.jpg

I know that I've posted too many pic's of airing this uphill jump, but it's just so picturesque! By this time, I had pulled in, took a little break, came back out and was finally limbering up and just flowing with the bike instead of fighting it.
IMG_1562 (2) copy.jpg

Was a good day for practice riding, especially when all of the other tracks had to call off due to rain.

k01

PR Elite
I knew Grear's was going to slippery this weekend so I saw my opportunity to work on cornering and railing ruts.
You didn't look hurt on the track and definitely became comfortable as your laps progressed. A perfect day for me to spectate from the little old Chappy. Saw it for a second in this video. Henry's bike is one of a kind excellent.

I found a place with nice tacky dirt to ride later yesterday and avoided a major cleanup.
IMG_20211023_175044230~3.jpg