50 SX Stator?

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Hello all. Me 'gain...

So, anyone have a KTM 50 SX Stator laying around? Guess these puppies are on back order at the momento, so I went the Chinese route hoping to get me by until I could get an OEM one. Lasted a ride last night. Was the best the bike had ever run at first, but towards the end of the ride, I heard the sputter out of the corners. Ohm reading was a little high at first at around 660 ohms, but checked it afterwards and it was coming in at 340 ohms. Guess it's supposed to be in the 450 to 550 range. I'll check it tonight when totally cold, but looks like I am probably going to need one sooner than later...

Second note, anyone know how to get a hold of the guy name Shade I think it was? Talked to him in the summer at Chilitown and again at Pleasure Valley. He had a spare kick starter I bought off of him at Chilitown and we talked at PV about the bike again. Kid's riding a 65 SX now, but he still had a box of parts for the 50 SX. Figured it was worth a shot someone on here may know him.

Laters.

Scoob - There is a guy in the Chicago area who parts out bikes. All brands, and sizes.
You can text or call, 328 PowerSports, Mike, 262.224.2498
They also have an eBay store.

Hope that helps

Our brand new, out of the box ktm 50 mini ate so many stator I kept 2-3 in the parts box every time we left the house. I tried oem and Chinese. Didn't matter, they all died.

When the boy rode his buddies cobra Jr and said he liked it. It was the best news ever. Sold the ktm and found a cobra and only had to replace one stator in like 4 years.

I bought a Chinese one from rmatv about a month ago. It was perfect fit and have had no problems so far. I need to order a couple more now that I know it's a good replacement. No sense spending all that money on oem when they go bad as well.

I bought a Chinese one from rmatv about a month ago. It was perfect fit and have had no problems so far. I need to order a couple more now that I know it's a good replacement. No sense spending all that money on oem when they go bad as well.
Let me know your brand and model of stator you are buying. Was it the QA Parts Stator/Ignition Kit? I may try it for the cost.

For now, I had a buddy who had an OEM one that he had as a spare, of which I'll need to replace/give back obviously. The Chinese one I bought is still "working", but definitely missing at times, so I guess in reality, it is not working, but could in a pinch. For how long, who knows.
Scoob - There is a guy in the Chicago area who parts out bikes. All brands, and sizes.
You can text or call, 328 PowerSports, Mike, 262.224.2498
They also have an eBay store.

Hope that helps

I might give that a try my friend. Thanks!

Our brand new, out of the box ktm 50 mini ate so many stator I kept 2-3 in the parts box every time we left the house. I tried oem and Chinese. Didn't matter, they all died.

When the boy rode his buddies cobra Jr and said he liked it. It was the best news ever. Sold the ktm and found a cobra and only had to replace one stator in like 4 years.
I hear ya, but unless I am going to shell out the cash for a 2021 or newer, word I hear is Cobra's can have their own set of problems to deal with. In the end, I do feel the Cobra is the best bike to get, but at this point, I have too much invested in this one and feel it'll get me by for one more year...maybe...lol. Could be looking towards the Cobra route for the Sr. edition. If he starts riding the smoke out of this 2-stroke before then and looking for more, I could change my tune...lol.

Let me know your brand and model of stator you are buying. Was it the QA Parts Stator/Ignition Kit? I may try it for the cost.

For now, I had a buddy who had an OEM one that he had as a spare, of which I'll need to replace/give back obviously. The Chinese one I bought is still "working", but definitely missing at times, so I guess in reality, it is not working, but could in a pinch. For how long, who knows.

I might give that a try my friend. Thanks!

I hear ya, but unless I am going to shell out the cash for a 2021 or newer, word I hear is Cobra's can have their own set of problems to deal with. In the end, I do feel the Cobra is the best bike to get, but at this point, I have too much invested in this one and feel it'll get me by for one more year...maybe...lol. Could be looking towards the Cobra route for the Sr. edition. If he starts riding the smoke out of this 2-stroke before then and looking for more, I could change my tune...lol.
Only issues I had with all our cobras was wheel and stem bearings. Replacement can be had at Napa or ebay for cheap.
A dealer will be at pretty much every race in Ohio between Rob and Greg.
We had a 13,15,16,18,18,19,20
Never had any issues except the one stator, and the fore mentioned bearings

Only issues I had with all our cobras was wheel and stem bearings. Replacement can be had at Napa or ebay for cheap.
A dealer will be at pretty much every race in Ohio between Rob and Greg.
We had a 13,15,16,18,18,19,20
Never had any issues except the one stator, and the fore mentioned bearings
Cobras are moving nightmares. Both have issues but we never had a single stator go out on a KTM/HUSKY 50 in all 3 years we rode them. Adjust the clutch properly so it doesn't slip and get the older pre 2015 flywheel side crank seal. Those 2 things will reduce the heat and you will never burn up another stator.

Cobras are moving nightmares. Both have issues but we never had a single stator go out on a KTM/HUSKY 50 in all 3 years we rode them. Adjust the clutch properly so it doesn't slip and get the older pre 2015 flywheel side crank seal. Those 2 things will reduce the heat and you will never burn up another stator.
Yeah, I went to the IRP clutch. Sooo much better, cooler, cleaner, etc., etc. Also rebuilt the top end, put in a new stator side crank seal, water pump seal, and some other things I am missing for sure... Little KTM is running pretty good right now with an OEM stator a buddy is letting me borrow. Thinking some of the things I mentioned above, more so the rebuild and clutch, have reduced the heat tremendously of which was a problem and is not now. I probably fried the stator before I replaced all that stuff. Sounds like as long as you can stay ahead of it, things work out. Get behind and these things will eat you alive.

Thanks all. Until next post...stay cool. ;)

Yeah, I went to the IRP clutch. Sooo much better, cooler, cleaner, etc., etc. Also rebuilt the top end, put in a new stator side crank seal, water pump seal, and some other things I am missing for sure... Little KTM is running pretty good right now with an OEM stator a buddy is letting me borrow. Thinking some of the things I mentioned above, more so the rebuild and clutch, have reduced the heat tremendously of which was a problem and is not now. I probably fried the stator before I replaced all that stuff. Sounds like as long as you can stay ahead of it, things work out. Get behind and these things will eat you alive.

Thanks all. Until next post...stay cool. ;)
The pre 2015 crank seal is a bit smaller and seals properly reducing heat. Call Jason at pointview for the proper seal. Trust me.

Back