As the Ohio outdoor moto season closes...

Scoob

PR Founding Father
What plans or feels is the best plan for some either indoor moto, but more so my question otherwise, what trips y'all have planned to states that the outdoor riding season never ends? In the past, I heard all this, but never really paid attention. Just kicking some ideas around up in the noggin. Was curious what everyone else was thinking...

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
In Florida
Pax has a nice pee wee track
Bostwick Creek too
Spyder has separate tracks as well . One under roof - it was small bikes
Deckers has a place only for them

hershey

PR Elite
What plans or feels is the best plan for some either indoor moto, but more so my question otherwise, what trips y'all have planned to states that the outdoor riding season never ends? In the past, I heard all this, but never really paid attention. Just kicking some ideas around up in the noggin. Was curious what everyone else was thinking...
Why bother asking? You will just say you might go then not show up! Lol

The SC, GA and FLA areas have too many tracks to list. All depends on what you're looking for

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Wasn't a question as to what I thought... "best" suggests only one...maybe 2 if there are a couple you feel are equal in value, fun factor, etc. I have some thoughts. Was curious what yours were... Maybe not. Hmm...

hershey

PR Elite
Again, what are you after? Sand, deep sand, clay? Sx style, outdoor style....your son riding, both or just you? Seriously need input because the best track is based on your desires. I have 10 favorites down that way for all different reasons

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
MX191 in the panhandle of Florida is my second favorite track of all time.

Josh Neptune from Ohio runs it. Prep is badass, safe jumps, you can hit some mountain bike trails near by. Cool place.

Monster Mountain is down that way as well.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
For a weekend trip we drive 6 hrs to Charlotte after with /school grab a cheap hotel then financing the drive to the shaols mx they have a bunch of different track with different soils. Ride all day instead of waiting for one session per hour like going to other tracks. Then dive back to Charlotte Saturday night then hit up east bend or apmx compound Sunday ( waiting for sessions) then leave for home at 4 and get home shortly after 9pm on Sunday.
If I can get the boy out of school on Monday we stay at the Shoals Saturday and Sunday.

While not hitting up as many tracks as some we have hit east bend center ridge, club, silver valley, what ever lvl1 used to be called, and the Shoals down south. By far the Shoals is our fave.
Haven't been to Chad reeds new place yet.
Buddy Gavin Gracyk has a new training track in GA I want to hit this winter too.

jj584

PR Addict
We usually go to the furthest place like Weinerts, County line or West craven first. Then we work our way home from there hitting NCMP, East bend etc. I will say that Monster Mountain in Alabama is better than all of those tracks and the drive is easier on the motorhome. I would make Monster a must ride over the winter.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
I will say that Monster Mountain in Alabama is better than all of those tracks and the drive is easier on the motorhome. I would make Monster a must ride over the winter.
Agree
Say Hi to Keith, You'll be glad you did.
He's taking it up a notch

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
I wanna go some places this year cause I don’t have basketball season so I wanna go south but not sure where the place to go is and where the best spot of tracks is

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
I wanna go some places this year cause I don’t have basketball season so I wanna go south but not sure where the place to go is and where the best spot of tracks is nc, sc, Georgia ? Hopefully we have decent enough weather to ride in December like last year

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
I wanna go some places this year cause I don’t have basketball season so I wanna go south but not sure where the place to go is and where the best spot of tracks is
Down 71 -
Alabama has 3-5 great tracks all close to one another.
Florida panhandle - has some too
Down 77-
North Carolina - 3-5 great tracks (West Craven is crazy moon sand)
South Carolina - same

Central Florida - 3-5 great tracks

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Again, what are you after? Sand, deep sand, clay? Sx style, outdoor style....your son riding, both or just you? Seriously need input because the best track is based on your desires. I have 10 favorites down that way for all different reasons
Good points. Would like to think both of us, but more so Spencer on his jr. From all above, thinking that Shoals and/or Monster Mountain. Not sure his cruising speed, but looks like a 9 hour to Shoals and 10 for MM for us, give or take on if we take the camper or hotel it.
Too early Scoob! We are good until thanksgiving with the weather! Enjoy. After that, Route 62 will have their mega indoor soon! Then look for a trip south.
Never too early for the planning that never does anything he wants to....
Jimmy is planning on having his complete
They talked about is all weekend, so I think it's a go. I'd guess they'll be getting started here right quick with the last race of the season over. Someone telling me it's a 2 week, start to finish for the building then just the track, etc. to do. Would be nice to have a schedule to plan with, but I guess we'll give a pass if it's complete in time.

MX_Implements

PR Addict
Moto 40 should be a good option for most of us in Ohio, 5 -8 hrs.. They should be open all winter weather permitting. The Shoals is Awesome but keep in mind this place is more so a training facility for offroad guys, so the tracks aren't always prepped for the public. That whole area in SC is a hotbed of MX.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Moto 40 should be a good option for most of us in Ohio, 5 -8 hrs.. They should be open all winter weather permitting. The Shoals is Awesome but keep in mind this place is more so a training facility for offroad guys, so the tracks aren't always prepped for the public. That whole area in SC is a hotbed of MX.
Thanks. Moto 40 NOT in our track guide. Looks like a decent 6 hour trek for us. That would be a decent trip possibly. Back in the day, Spencer slept most of any long trip, but now it's "Are we there yet?", "How long until we get there?", etc...lol. Not too awful bad as he knows what's on the other side of the trip, but the longer the trip...

hershey

PR Elite
Thanks. Moto 40 NOT in our track guide. Looks like a decent 6 hour trek for us. That would be a decent trip possibly. Back in the day, Spencer slept most of any long trip, but now it's "Are we there yet?", "How long until we get there?", etc...lol. Not too awful bad as he knows what's on the other side of the trip, but the longer the trip...
Moto 40 just opened this year, nobody I know of has been there to add it to our track guide....will be this winter for sure !