Click here to get the truth, and your feeling hurt.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
After a break. I'm back biothes.
Now, lets get caught up and hurt a few crybabies along the way.
1. Scott Plessinger in the HOF. I went to ONE Hare Scramble back in the day to see if it was something I wanted to do. After watching that dude go past the pits (I assume that is what you call it) one lap and head back into the woods WFO bouncing off trees, I knew it was not for me. Owner of a shop, then a riding school. Now he is reinventing Ohio Moto... Whats next? Congrats. Well deserved.
2. AP7 to KTM = Supercross Champ. Stamp it.
3. Electric Future. Bring it on. Gives us more places to ride and race. Sure we will miss the smell of 2stoke oil.... oh wait. The sound of an electric motor is still 100 times better then those damn fart bikes.
4. Rona - I had it, basically a flu for two days. Nothing. Colin Powell had blood cancer & Parkinson's, but died of Rona? Come on. Still think your goofy if you dont get the vac, but you do you.
5. Summer Mini O's for Ohio - That is flipping awesome. Planning my vacation now.
6. Practice vs. Race. The old evergreen topic. Love it. I think with the explosion of entries at races, it is time for an "adjustment" to the format. Lose the Open practice on Saturday and just go to a Saturday youth, Sunday Big Bike format. Raise the signup by $5 per class to mostly offset the lose of revenue. Increases the moto length from 4 laps to 12 minutes and watch the moto's click off like clockwork. You even get to keep all the darn extra classes so little Johnny gets his trophy. I already have the format laid out if anyone wants it.
7. The bike build is about to get back on the lift. Took the summer off to chase my son around the travel baseball world. But now it is time to get back in the garage. Got a few ideas and going to try a few new things ive not seen anyone else do yet.
8. MXoN coming back to Red Bud = Another rain storm on that weekend. All possible entries should be practicing in it now. No one wants to hear excuses again.

hershey

PR Elite
1. Scott Plessinger in the HOF. I went to ONE Hare Scramble back in the day to see if it was something I wanted to do. After watching that dude go past the pits (I assume that is what you call it) one lap and head back into the woods WFO bouncing off trees, I knew it was not for me. Owner of a shop, then a riding school. Now he is reinventing Ohio Moto... Whats next? Congrats. Well deserved.
3. Electric Future. Bring it on. Gives us more places to ride and race. Sure we will miss the smell of 2stoke oil.... oh wait. The sound of an electric motor is still 100 times better then those damn fart bikes.
4. Rona - I had it, basically a flu for two days. Nothing. Colin Powell had blood cancer & Parkinson's, but died of Rona? Come on. Still think your goofy if you dont get the vac, but you do you.
5. Summer Mini O's for Ohio - That is flipping awesome. Planning my vacation now.
6. Practice vs. Race. The old evergreen topic. Love it. I think with the explosion of entries at races, it is time for an "adjustment" to the format. Lose the Open practice on Saturday and just go to a Saturday youth, Sunday Big Bike format. Raise the signup by $5 per class to mostly offset the lose of revenue. Increases the moto length from 4 laps to 12 minutes and watch the moto's click off like clockwork. You even get to keep all the darn extra classes so little Johnny gets his trophy. I already have the format laid out if anyone wants it.
7. The bike build is about to get back on the lift. Took the summer off to chase my son around the travel baseball world. But now it is time to get back in the garage. Got a few ideas and going to try a few new things ive not seen anyone else do yet.
8. MXoN coming back to Red Bud = Another rain storm on that weekend. All possible entries should be practicing in it now. No one wants to hear excuses again.
I missed you man

ck1racerx

PR Addict
A month ago, went to work on a Friday. Did not feel great but figured I had a small sinus infection…. Just in case, I wore a mask. Sure enough, wake up on Saturday feeling like crap. Temp, small cough, sound like a 4 pack a day smoker. Go get a Rona test. Yeap I got it. 3 days later my son gets it. 3 days after that, wife test positive. Daughter tested negative 3 times.
You guessed it. She is the only one in the house NOT vaccinated.
Over and over it pops in my head “those d-heads on pit racer will never let me hear the end of this”
I assume it is because she is 8 and immune to everything.
and perhaps we were not real sick because we did get the vax. Who the heck knows.
Just another silver bullet for you antivax crew.

John250

PR Founding Father
ALL the people we know recently with Covid are all fully vaccinated. The non vaccinated are not getting sick. I am telling you, you put those damn spike proteins in your body, and it is making everyone sick! My Dad, fully vaccinated, just had covid. He went right away and got an infusion, 24 hours later, felt great and no symptoms. Why they do not give more people the infusion before they get real sick makes no sense to me.

hershey

PR Elite
A month ago, went to work on a Friday. Did not feel great but figured I had a small sinus infection…. Just in case, I wore a mask. Sure enough, wake up on Saturday feeling like crap. Temp, small cough, sound like a 4 pack a day smoker. Go get a Rona test. Yeap I got it. 3 days later my son gets it. 3 days after that, wife test positive. Daughter tested negative 3 times.
You guessed it. She is the only one in the house NOT vaccinated.
Over and over it pops in my head “those d-heads on pit racer will never let me hear the end of this”
I assume it is because she is 8 and immune to everything.
and perhaps we were not real sick because we did get the vax. Who the heck knows.
Just another silver bullet for you antivax crew.
Dude...im not anti Vax. Just took the kids the other day to the doc for their 12 year shots.

I'm not letting anyone put anything in my body that is new and untested. Give it a few years and show me the side effects, if I'm comfy then, I'll get it if I feel the need. I've only ever gotten the flu shot once, don't feel the need. Why the conspiracy theorist connotation for that?

Toddco327

PR Addict
#6. It’s a good idea on paper. But the cost of having a crew show up to run a 2 day race is expensive. If there are 7 flaggers at 100 a day per flagger that’s 1400 bucks just in flaggers. Plus all the rest of the crew needed to run the event. Medics etc. It would be much more than $5 to offset the cost.

The draw of a 2 day event is that the competition is going to be better. More pros. Better pay out and something like 6ft trophy to entice people to come. Having that type of format weekly would get stale.

But at least your giving out ideas. Not trying to say it’s bad. Just giving constructive feedback.

hershey

PR Elite
#6. It’s a good idea on paper. But the cost of having a crew show up to run a 2 day race is expensive. If there are 7 flaggers at 100 a day per flagger that’s 1400 bucks just in flaggers. Plus all the rest of the crew needed to run the event. Medics etc. It would be much more than $5 to offset the cost.

The draw of a 2 day event is that the competition is going to be better. More pros. Better pay out and something like 6ft trophy to entice people to come. Having that type of format weekly would get stale.

But at least your giving out ideas. Not trying to say it’s bad. Just giving constructive feedback.
But the current 2 day event he is saying to replace has almost all of those costs already??? Or did I read that wrong?

Toddco327

PR Addict
you could be right.

Not sure if he meant the current 2 days or just a different racing format for the season.

ck1racerx

PR Addict

Use the Halloween race at Chili. Minus pit bike class they had 806 entries. Of that there were 411 individuals. Lets say 75% of them paid for the extra practice. (That is a guesstimation) That is 308 people. Times $20 is $6160. If you add 5 bucks to signup for the 806, that is $4030. So yes, it is less but that ends up being just 8% less in revenue. And as Hershey said, this is just replacing the current 2 day format. So all the other costs are the same.
There are several ways of breaking up the classes. Doing it by age is just easy to understand..
You get one 12 min practice (Practice is at least two classes combines, just go by the age.) and two 12 min moto's and everyone is done by 4:30 on Saturday and little after 4 on Sunday. (barring any delays. which there always is). Two classes gets you more than an hour of seat time. Current format gets you a little more then half that.

Oh, and EVERYONE gets the same moto length. Want to add more time to the "A" classes? Fine, adjust the time accordingly.
Yes, I changes the old guy classes some. 25, 35, 45, 55 is more then enough.

PracticeSaturday
Schoolboy8School Boy 2
10​
130​
65 7-981250 Jr. (4-6)
1012​
142​
65 10-1182450 Sr. (7-8)
1024​
154​
50 4-683685 Jr. (9-11)
1036​
206​
50 7-884885 Sr. (12-15)
1048​
218​
85 9-11950 Shaft PW
11​
230​
85 12-1591250 Open
1112​
242​
Girls92485 Open
1124​
254​
65 Jr. (7-9)
1136​
306​
Riders Meeting94565 Sr. (10-11)
1148​
318​
School Boy 1
12​
330​
Girls (7-12)
1212​
342​
Girls (12-16)
1224​
354​
Super Mini (12-16)
1236​
406​
65 Open
1248​
418​
Intermission1-130end 430
PracticeSunday
B8Open A
10​
118​
250C81255
1012​
130​
Age 35+824Womens
1024​
142​
Age 14-34836Open C
1036​
154​
450C848Open B
1048​
206​
Women / D945
11​
218​
A912Open D
1112​
230​
250 A
1124​
242​
Riders Meeting945250 C
1136​
254​
250 B
1148​
306​
12​
318​
125 B/C
1212​
330​
14-24
1224​
342​
1236​
354​
Intermission1248-118end 406

Toddco327

PR Addict
So your leaving 2000 dollars on the table? Why change it to make less. It isn’t proven that at the local level it will draw more racers to have longer motos. It’s said by many that we want more seat time but it isn’t necessarily proven to draw more racers. Will it draw 80 more racers on a 2 day weekend to make up that 2000? (25 a rider) Maybe. Probably unlikely.

Again I like the idea but a promoter leaving 2k out there in hopes of 80 more racers is unlikely. 8% is a lot of margin to throw away. If roughly speaking a track makes 30% margin in a year. And a 2 day event is a “big” draw that’s where they can make up for those down weekends where weather doesn’t always work out.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
It's easy to spend others money ....
Do you pay MSRP when you buy a bike? Why not? Your taking food off the owners table.
Every buy ANYTHING on sale? Why? Oh, your NOT spending others money if you cant see them at a MX track.

People, I mean the people that supply the revenue, just were saying they don't like it when a track cuts laps in the second moto. PLUS, how many don't race because of lack of seat time? So, would you really be leaving 2K on the table? or would you make even more buy giving a superior product and get more consumers.

I personally HATE open practice days. I hate practice in general. What the hell are you practicing for if you never race or play the actual game? I can hear you already. "some of us actually like to ride" Great for you. go to an open practice. There are tons of them every weekend. But on RACE weekends, it should be just that, the race. Does anyone ever stop an open practice to hold a race half way into the day?

ck1racerx

PR Addict
It isn’t proven that at the local level it will draw more racers to have longer motos. It’s said by many that we want more seat time but it isn’t necessarily proven to draw more racers. Will it draw 80 more racers on a 2 day weekend to make up that 2000? (25 a rider) Maybe. Probably unlikely.
Granted, I have not been paying attention to local moto much lately, but has anyone actually tried it? I'm not saying 100% it will or will not improve the numbers. I AM saying, Lets try it and see how it goes. If it doesn't work? Fine, change it back, but in an effort to keep the sport moving forward, sometimes you have to try the unproven.
This change could also make for a darn good marketing tool. "i'm giving you more" That works on almost everyone. Tomorrow morning look at your shampoo bottle. Bet it says "30% more then average size" or something like that. Who says no, average size is all I need. Certainly not my wife.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Granted, I have not been paying attention to local moto much lately, but has anyone actually tried it? I'm not saying 100% it will or will not improve the numbers. I AM saying, Lets try it and see how it goes. If it doesn't work? Fine, change it back, but in an effort to keep the sport moving forward, sometimes you have to try the unproven.
This change could also make for a darn good marketing tool. "i'm giving you more" That works on almost everyone. Tomorrow morning look at your shampoo bottle. Bet it says "30% more then average size" or something like that. Who says no, average size is all I need. Certainly not my wife.
See Farkengruven - it works sooo well, that's all they run now