TENTATIVE LL's classes for 2022

ck1racerx

PR Addict
So that’s what we need. Classes based off what you do for a real living. Then instead of “sportsmen” they can just call it “tradesmen”
1. Still works in the MX industry (home schooled for mx as a kid)
2. Ex pros that were slow back in the day but still are faster than most
3. Factory (like real factory) workers
4. Office workers
5. Unemployable.
6. Health care workers. (They will also be responsible for working the ambulance at the race)
7. Fat Guys (regardless of what you do for a living)
8. Farmers
9. People who bitch on the interwebs about getting beat by all of the above

pick your class.

John250

PR Founding Father
Nope. I am a less is better guy. I am just curious how some of these Vets don't even seem to work!

hershey

PR Elite
Just make a Pro VET class at Loretta's. Let them guys duke it out together. Oh wait, they will bitch because a 35 year old pro is faster than a 45 year old pro.

I remember someone saying at Daytona a couple years ago that John Grewe was leaving Daytona and headed straight to Texas to race. I mean honestly, do some of these guys even work?
Exactly. Carston, Emig too.

It's not the Mike Browns, its Kieth Johnson, Grewe, and the other 10 or more in each vet class that have forgotten more than the average A rider knows and still smokes them. Give them a Vet A class and let them have at it.

hershey

PR Elite
So that’s what we need. Classes based off what you do for a real living. Then instead of “sportsmen” they can just call it “tradesmen”
1. Still works in the MX industry (home schooled for mx as a kid)
2. Ex pros that were slow back in the day but still are faster than most
3. Factory (like real factory) workers
4. Office workers
5. Unemployable.
6. Health care workers. (They will also be responsible for working the ambulance at the race)
7. Fat Guys (regardless of what you do for a living)
8. Farmers
9. People who bitch on the interwebs about getting beat by all of the above

pick your class.
You forgot the guys on the interweb who don't even race any more yet complain the class structure is wrong for them class.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
You guys are always trying to add classes and continue to divide the talent. Not everyone needs to be the winner. It’s competition. Get better and beat whoever lines up next to you. Or maybe try tennis.

hershey

PR Elite
You guys are always trying to add classes and continue to divide the talent. Not everyone needs to be the winner. It’s competition. Get better and beat whoever lines up next to you. Or maybe try tennis.
So with your logic, there shouldn't be any classes. Just one big race. Why didn't you race A class A couple years back when you made a few appearances?

It's a serious question.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
So with your logic, there shouldn't be any classes. Just one big race. Why didn't you race A class A couple years back when you made a few appearances?

It's a serious question.
Well if my only options were A, B or C then I would have raced A.
Don’t take it to the extreme. You know what I mean. A vet class is more then enough. We don’t need to break it up any more than that.
The rent to too damn high.
The number of classes is too damn high

hershey

PR Elite
Well if my only options were A, B or C then I would have raced A.
Don’t take it to the extreme. You know what I mean. A vet class is more then enough. We don’t need to break it up any more than that.
The rent to too damn high.
The number of classes is too damn high
Lol.....

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Yes it does. More classes equal less seat time and more sitting around at the races waiting. That is the draw to open practice. So yes. Less classes COULD grow the sport

hershey

PR Elite
Yes it does. More classes equal less seat time and more sitting around at the races waiting. That is the draw to open practice. So yes. Less classes COULD grow the sport
I love....love....love GP racing. No sitting around, full mx tracks and a little very easy woods. They have a good following down south ohio a bit but tanked up here.

Less classes doesn't grow the sport. If you don't want to sir around all day, sign up for 2 classes. If you really want to get spunky, have a kid and both of you sign up for 2 classes. I never have time to sit around.

Track owners don't like the idea of having less classes and less entries, it costs money.

And for the title of this thread, MX Sports is NEVER going to shed classes, they are all about getting as many people signed up as possible. They just keep rearranging classes to satisfy those they hold dear.