Johnstown PA Arenacross disaster

John250

PR Founding Father
Anyone seen all the wreck videos of the Johnstown PA arenacross. Damn. What did they expect. The gate is 8 riders wide and 25 foot out of the gate the track looks like it is 6 foot wide. There are a bunch of videos of guys hitting the jumps on the right side out of the gate off the start and going down. Horrible track from the looks of it.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
They expect riders to ride like they have some sense. Is tight. Everyone know that.....EVERYONE.... They guy that leans in and causes the entire thing was squirrely off the gate. Not sure it had anything to do with the track... Just me I guess.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
There’s like three super gnarly videos this isn’t the only one. I saw this same video from on the track perspective and it looks like it v’s in at least 3 feet in total from start it corner

honda907

PR Addict
My boy and I were gonna drive up from SC. About an hour from my former hometown so I thought I would see some buddies. We didn't and was told it was going to be terrible. It was about as bad as the one promoted 25 years ago by the same promoter in the same venue. No spectators at all this year and lots of highlight reels like this. By Saturday, everyone left and only a few stayed from Friday to race Saturday.

Even though I won a bunch of AX races back in rhe day, these modern bikes really don't fit in this type of venue any longer.

We are thankful we didn't waste the trip.

Here is another crash compolation

https://www.instagram.com/co_darr327/reel/CXDwrwNlH0q/?utm_medium=copy_link

hershey

PR Elite
My boy and I were gonna drive up from SC. About an hour from my former hometown so I thought I would see some buddies. We didn't and was told it was going to be terrible. It was about as bad as the one promoted 25 years ago by the same promoter in the same venue. No spectators at all this year and lots of highlight reels like this. By Saturday, everyone left and only a few stayed from Friday to race Saturday.

Even though I won a bunch of AX races back in rhe day, these modern bikes really don't fit in this type of venue any longer.

We are thankful we didn't waste the trip.

Here is another crash compolation

https://www.instagram.com/co_darr327/reel/CXDwrwNlH0q/?utm_medium=copy_link
Wow....I didn't notice how empty the stands were before you mentioned that

Toddco327

PR Addict
I’ve heard about the TriState arenacross. Don’t know much about it. Looks like a normal indoor type set up. Why the negative review on it?

John250

PR Founding Father
I’ve heard about the TriState arenacross. Don’t know much about it. Looks like a normal indoor type set up. Why the negative review on it?
good arenacross tracks dont come out of the gate 8 wide and go right into 6 foot wide track. What did they think would happen off the starts?

John250

PR Founding Father
Imagine taking your 6 year old to the Arena for Arenacross or the stadium for a Supercross. Man, the excitement they will hear when they hear them electric bikes. Can't wait.

John250

PR Founding Father
Kids are drawn to E .....You're outdated old man, step aside.
You're probably right. Old, out of shape, grumpy, sore, etc. The list goes on. But let's be honest. With the new generation of kids, life styles now days, where do you see off road and motocross/supercross in 25 years? I am not sure I am seeing the interest at near as high a level as the 80s or 90s in 25 years. Not sure I can sit here and say I would see the sport growing at all in the next 25 years. Just my opinion.

hershey

PR Elite
You're probably right. Old, out of shape, grumpy, sore, etc. The list goes on. But let's be honest. With the new generation of kids, life styles now days, where do you see off road and motocross/supercross in 25 years? I am not sure I am seeing the interest at near as high a level as the 80s or 90s in 25 years. Not sure I can sit here and say I would see the sport growing at all in the next 25 years. Just my opinion.
Have you not seen the mini class participation at the races this year?? The 50-65 classes are the largest usually. I'd say the future is bright.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
A hard surface skatepark type deal
Easy on the environment, easy to control.
A "sport" of loud, smelly, terra firma destroying machines will not be sustainable in the forthcoming new world.

John250

PR Founding Father
Have you not seen the mini class participation at the races this year?? The 50-65 classes are the largest usually. I'd say the future is bright.
100% agree on the youth classes and their growth. But I've also been around and seen some big youth classes in this area for a long time. I know many families jump all in, race every single weekend for like 3 or 4 years and the next thing you do is say, "hey what has happened to so and so". They go hard for a few years, spend tons of money, and seem to fade away. The other 1/3 the kids get to be teenagers, find other interest, and fade away, and your left with 1/3 of the original group of kids. I hope I am wrong. I just see the great nephews in my family. Hell we try to get them on bikes at my house, and they have zero interest in even hoping one of the small bikes and trying to ride, or in the case of one family, mom will not even let them take a ride.